HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Leafs trade away first round draft pick... Again

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2004, 04:09 AM
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
I for one think the Leetch trade was a good one for the Leafs. Leetch is a much more well rounded defenseman then Gonchar. Although we musn't kid ourselves and think it's the same Leetch of '94 but he is still good enough and can still provide another year or two of decent play. Although I also think they did give up a tad much but they are trying to win today.

btw, unconditional support for a team that sucked that much during the 80s isn't something you should be proud about. It's outright foolish if you ask me. You're just encouraging them to suck even more while stuffing their pockets. Thank God they're under new management!

Old
03-05-2004, 07:34 AM
50 Mission Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_House_Ca
How much do ticket prices help in sellouts?

Toronto tickets are extremely expensive. I've never been to a game in montreal and i'm wondering what the ticket prices are. We all know lower ticket prices help more sellouts.

You can get tickets for 40 bucks a pop at the ACC. It's just extremely difficult to get them. My wife and I went to a game this year for 80 bucks.

Old
03-05-2004, 09:44 AM
BlueBlood17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
This is from the article

After six homes games, the Canadiens are averaging 19,651 spectators per game, down 665 per match from last season, which was already down from the high of 21,002 in their first full season in the new building in 1996-97

There average when they were struggling is higher than the Leafs. That makes you look stupid my friend.
I don't even know why I am responding to this. You obviously haven't been following the conversation. I could sit here and say that you look stupid now, but I won't resort to that. Think what you want.

Old
03-05-2004, 09:45 AM
BlueBlood17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Mission Cap
You can get tickets for 40 bucks a pop at the ACC. It's just extremely difficult to get them. My wife and I went to a game this year for 80 bucks.
Standing room tickets have a face value of 30 dollars, after taxes/processing fees they are about 36.

Purples have a face value of 46 and after the surcharges come out to about 50 and change.

Old
03-05-2004, 10:03 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleHossa
This trade will be funny as hell in the case Leetch falls down injured for the playoffs.
Can you say KARMA?

I hope Kovy is not seriously injuried though

Old
03-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Randall Graves*

The draft is overrated its a crapshoot. Leetch is better then anything they can draft at this point. Why can't people pick up on the cycle here? Detroit does it,Colorado does it,Philly does it, Toronto does it.

They go for it they don't wanna sit and stand around for a "might be" they go out and get proven players, I applaud them.

Closed Thread