HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you want to sacrifice when Komi is back.

Old
12-08-2008, 08:54 AM
la25ecoupe

vCash: 500
Who do you want to sacrifice when Komi is back.

I'm listening to CKAC now and they're discussing this topic. So i wanna see the HFBoards opinion on this.

What do you think Gainy will be doing? Will he send down 1 or 2 players? Who?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

O'Byrne. Time to gain the confidence back. Or you package a trade for a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 type of trades......which won't happen.

Again, O'Byrne in Hamilton....or D'Agostini cool down and he goes with or without O'Byrne.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Pascal

ya OB could use some time down to find his game again.

I'll be sad to see Dandy go back to his icing defender position..

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
ya OB could use some time down to find his game again.

I'll be sad to see Dandy go back to his icing defender position..
I am sad every time he has a Habs jeresy on. It means that the team needs an assurance policy... and his contract is still on the books.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Maxpac

Sergei Kostitsyn, let him find his game back and create chemistry with Maxwell and Pacioretty

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Benzaza

no brainer..sergei or d'agostini...the habs cant afford to lose any players off waivers.....

+ o'byrne forgot about him..

pick whatever number you need between the 3... 1 player 2 or all 3.... its carbo's and gainey's decision compared to their need

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 09:57 AM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
It'll probably be O'Byrne unless he becomes waiver elligible (but right now he can be sent down without going through waivers). Unless of course Dagger cools off and plays some horrible hockey.

The other option is a minor trade 2 or 3 for 1 type thing to clear some room. I wouldn't bet on it, but stranger things have happened.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Higgins + O'B for Dan Hamhuis?

I'd like to think it'll be a trade, but it's likely either O'B or D'Ago back to Hamilton.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaza View Post
no brainer..sergei or d'agostini...the habs cant afford to lose any players off waivers.....

The Habs can lose any of the following on waivers and it would not significantly impact the team and in some cases might improve the team based on the replacement in Hamilton:

Brisebois
Begin
Dandenault
Kosto
Latendresse

In most case the real problem would be, with the exception of Latendresse and Kosto, they would clear waivers and then you would have to pay them full salary in the AHL.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Benzaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post

The Habs can lose any of the following on waivers and it would not significantly impact the team and in some cases might improve the team based on the replacement in Hamilton:

Brisebois
Begin
Dandenault
Kosto
Latendresse

In most case the real problem would be, with the exception of Latendresse and Kosto, they would clear waivers and then you would have to pay them full salary in the AHL.
it might not have impacted the team but:

Brisebois -- sorry to say it but we need on the PP as on the second wave and/or markov is injured
Begin -- we need his energy and playoff style play and 4th liners play for their lives every shift as they know they are expandable...
Dandenault -- hes more then adequatly replacing o'byrne and i prefer him to breezer on the defensive side against thougher teams
Kosto -- this guy will get signed next year for a year contract or two years based on merit and valour...he is a begin with better hands and shot...not saying he has great hands but he is smart offensively for a grinder
Latendresse --- it would be stupid to lose him on waivers..seriously

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

O'Byrne down. Easy fix.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Brisebois -- sorry to say it but we need on the PP as on the second wave and/or markov is injured
Begin -- we need his energy and playoff style play and 4th liners play for their lives every shift as they know they are expandable...
Dandenault -- hes more then adequatly replacing o'byrne and i prefer him to breezer on the defensive side against thougher teams
Kosto -- this guy will get signed next year for a year contract or two years based on merit and valour...he is a begin with better hands and shot...not saying he has great hands but he is smart offensively for a grinder
Agree with everything but one small detail.....not the greatest timing to say that Kosto is Bégin with better hands while Steve score and Kosto keeps missing tons of chances....I do prefer Kosto for his all-around game but hands are neither strong points for them and moreso now, Kosto can't have better hands than Stever or at least he doesn't prove it now.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:

Brisebois
Begin
Dandenault
Kosto
Latendresse

As much as I voice against Fats at times and didn't like having Kostopulous anywhere near the top 6 lines, both can not be lost to waivers. How stupid would it be of Bob to suddenly do something like that?
Fats still has a good future ahead of him as a player and Nonstopulous has been just that, non stop. The guy has great work ethic and sacrifices to make plays.
I like Begin, but it's obvious his time here has come to an end.
Brisebois has been better this year, but I still like him in the skybox better.
Can't wait until Dandenault is gone, he just doesn't bring any kind of dynamic except for being able to play forward and D, he does have speed, but what's the point if you can't create all sorts of opportunities with it?

All in all, keep Brisebois around as the sixth and scratch Dandenault.
It's debatable between kosto and begin on who has the better scoring prowess, Kosto is more clutch since last years playoffs though.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
As much as I voice against Fats at times and didn't like having Kostopulous anywhere near the top 6 lines, both can not be lost to waivers. How stupid would it be of Bob to suddenly do something like that?
Fats still has a good future ahead of him as a player and Nonstopulous has been just that, non stop. The guy has great work ethic and sacrifices to make plays.
I like Begin, but it's obvious his time here has come to an end.
Brisebois has been better this year, but I still like him in the skybox better.
Can't wait until Dandenault is gone, he just doesn't bring any kind of dynamic except for being able to play forward and D, he does have speed, but what's the point if you can't create all sorts of opportunities with it?

All in all, keep Brisebois around as the sixth and scratch Dandenault.
It's debatable between kosto and begin on who has the better scoring prowess, Kosto is more clutch since last years playoffs though.
I dunno, I've liked Dandy pinching in to keep the pressure on the opposition the last few games. No one else really does that on the Habs D, and I've appreciated him pinching while the forwards are cycling the puck. There have been instances where the forwards have cycled the puck real well, and once they lose the puck battle...Dandy has pinched in at the right time to keep the pressure going.

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:01 AM
ngc_5128

Quote:

Brisebois
Begin
Dandenault
Kosto
Latendresse

Four out of those five names were the only guys on the team that showed up in the month of November, and you want to reward that hard work by tossing them to the wayside?

ngc_5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:23 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I'd get rid of Dandenoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:24 AM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngc_5128 View Post
Four out of those five names were the only guys on the team that showed up in the month of November, and you want to reward that hard work by tossing them to the wayside?
And 4 of them are Quebecers..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
I'm listening to CKAC now and they're discussing this topic. So i wanna see the HFBoards opinion on this.

What do you think Gainy will be doing? Will he send down 1 or 2 players? Who?
From what they are saying he will miss another 3-4 games. I want to see O'byrne back in, S.Kost and Lats also. I don't think Dandenault is an option unless his trade value went up(fingers crossed).

Lats is going nowhere as he needs to go through waivers. If D'agostini keeps playing well and S.Kost does not get his act together, he may be the one.

I don;t think they are ready to send O'byrne down unless it's to get a bit of confidence and clear his head. I'd like to see him get 2-3 games in before Komi comes back. I thought he was playing pretty good except for his big gaffe each game. He will be a beast in the not too distant future, would be foolish to give up on him.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:28 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Sergei Kostitsyn and O'Bryne should be sent down to regain their form

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
I'd get rid of Dandenoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I hate the guy but watching him play on D the last few games I really can't complain

O'Byrne for sure and we'll see how D'Agostini keeps doing in the next week or two

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Andy

Sergei should stay because he's much much more versatile than Latendresse.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by x eric x View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn and O'Bryne should be sent down to regain their form
i agree. clearly they need some work. lapiere did this last season and it is not so bad in the end. they get to play top minutes in hamiton as opposed to sit in the pressbox at the bell center. with dago up and running, and komi back soon, this should be a no brainer.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Habnot

Quote:

No wonder Habs fans gets blasted. We over value all our players.

The original premise was that we couldn't afford to lose any players to waivers. If you think that all these these players cannot be replaced effectively by cheaper solutions then I want some of what you are smoking. Again, not all of them at the same time, but I'm sure that if Gainey would know that Dandy or Begin would be picked up on waivers he would do it in a heart beat. Clearing 2 mill of our cap and getting either Chips or a dman from Hamilton is a no brainer.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:00 PM
gillyguzzler

Brisebois - keep him around but he shouldn't play every game as he has... once every second or third game is enough for me
Begin - need his energy and desire to win but again, should not play every game...maybe two out of three
Dandenault - can't believe I'm saying this but Gainey did well to keep him around. Can play RW adequately in a pinch and has played better than Brisebois and OB on defence.
Kosto - should be 4th line RW and yes we need to keep him around
Latendresse - not the time to give up on him. It would be great if he could go to Hamilton for 10-15 games and find the confidence back. He's not my favourite player but he definately should not be lost on waivers.

SKost - has served his time and should be back in the lineup next game, imho.
D'Ago - cannot be removed from the lineup right now for obvious reasons
OB - can be sent to the minors and should be sent to regain his confidence

Which one of these players has any value on the trade market?

Brisebois and Bégin - none
Dandenault - didn't think he had any but now I don't know anymore.
Kosto - some
Lats, OB and SKost - quite a bit because of their youth and potential. I'm sure their value is better than Grabovski's value last summer and he got us a 2nd rounder.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:06 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
No wonder Habs fans gets blasted. We over value all our players.

The original premise was that we couldn't afford to lose any players to waivers. If you think that all these these players cannot be replaced effectively by cheaper solutions then I want some of what you are smoking. Again, not all of them at the same time, but I'm sure that if Gainey would know that Dandy or Begin would be picked up on waivers he would do it in a heart beat. Clearing 2 mill of our cap and getting either Chips or a dman from Hamilton is a no brainer.
Most people would agree that if Gainey knew that some team would pick Begin and Dandy on waivers and pay the rest of their contract, he would. That being said both are playing well right now. But once Komi returns and if ever SKost And Lats return into Carbo's good graces, both are certainly expendable.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote