HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quincey on pace for 50+ points

Old
11-30-2008, 06:25 PM
BurningBright

vCash: 500
Quincey on pace for 50+ points

Quincy is having one great year so far. I knew hes been scoring, but I didnt realize he has 13 points in 19 games so far. Right now he is on pace for about 50 points, and he is essentially a rookie. Amazing, what a steal.

BurningBright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 06:53 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

It's crazy that Detroit is so deep at D that they can just waive guys like this. What a gift.

- T

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
It's such a great pick up because of the cost as well. . . I guess we have to thank JJ for getting hurt

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 06:58 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
It's crazy that Detroit is so deep at D that they can just waive guys like this. What a gift.

- T
I don't agree that they are deep enough to just waive guys.. it was more an issue of loyalty rightly or wrongly than anything..

I'll be more than happy if Johnson can play near as well as Quincey has assuming the big Q doesn't drop off...

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Hockey Gods work in mysterious ways.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:41 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:

- T

Apparently, his minor league coach said he's highly inconsistent - stretches where he's dominant and then periods where he's invisible. His great play now could be one of those "stretches" but let's hope not.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:12 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

I'd like to buy a vowel...

Is there an E?

I'll solve the puzzle...

is it Kyle QUINCEY?

thank you... thank you very much... your QUINCY jersey would have looked silly.

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:14 PM
BurningBright

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
I'd like to buy a vowel...

Is there an E?

I'll solve the puzzle...

is it Kyle QUINCEY?

thank you... thank you very much... your QUINCY jersey would have looked silly.
Considering im not planning on buying a Quincey jersey anytime soon, i dont think it really matters how I spelled it...

BurningBright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:21 PM
BringTheReign

I say anyone under 25 that Detroit waives we should always try to nab if they don't have any problems.

Quincey is a pleasant surprise and definitely gives DL a little extra breathing room as far as developing our defensive prospects. It seems like every time he rushes the puck up ice we get a good scoring chance off of it. His gap control in 1-on-1's is excellent as well, he matches the speed and as soon as the forward crosses the blueline Quincey is right in his face. He, Green, JJ, and to a certain extent Doughty can all set the example for new, young guys like Teubert, Hickey, and Voinov when they are ready to make the jump to NHL.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:34 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

He's been awesome and has been racking up assists pretty quietly. I still think it's weird that Grabovski is considered a rookie, but Quincey isn't. All because this is technically his 4th season, even though he played less than half of the games Grabovski did over 2 years. Too bad he played that one game in 05-06. Oh well, I'll take it anyway.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:38 PM
not tellin*

i'm always amazed at how his shot always finds a way to make it on net and usually produces a bit rebound that often times turns into a scoring chance.

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Zeno

Here's good thread about Quincey on the Detroit board. I guess it's pretty 50/50 on whether they should have kept him or not.

Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:04 PM
VictoryRose

nevermind.

Last edited by VictoryRose: 11-30-2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: blah blah
VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:13 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

I think Quincey can post 35-40 pts, but 50 is asking too much.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 02:44 AM
kingscup
MBML

Send a message via AIM to kingscup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
It's such a great pick up because of the cost as well. . . I guess we have to thank JJ for getting hurt
And therefore saving us from (insert prayers) from too much Gauthier.

kingscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:37 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

The doctor is in.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Captain Ron

Before tonight Quincey was tied for 17th among defensemen in scoring......with players like Bouwmeester and Kaberle......He is probably the best non draft acquisition that Dean has made.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Before tonight Quincey was tied for 17th among defensemen in scoring......with players like Bouwmeester and Kaberle......He is probably the best non draft acquisition that Dean has made.
He could be the best waiver wire pickup in Kings history. Who would be the challengers?

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 01:01 AM
sueroe

I have always loved this guy and thought he would do well if given a chance, but i have to say i am pleasantly surprised by his production on ice thus far. Good for him!

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 01:12 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueroe View Post
I have always loved this guy and thought he would do well if given a chance, but i have to say i am pleasantly surprised by his production on ice thus far. Good for him!
When I saw him hit the waiver wires I thought that he would be a good pickup....but I never dreamed he would lead the Kings defense in scoring ( he is currently ahead of Visnovsky and Niedermayer).....he is doing what I expected Johnson to do....who needs Jay Bouwmeester when you can have Kyle Quincey?

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 01:28 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
When I saw him hit the waiver wires I thought that he would be a good pickup....but I never dreamed he would lead the Kings defense in scoring ( he is currently ahead of Visnovsky and Niedermayer).....he is doing what I expected Johnson to do....who needs Jay Bouwmeester when you can have Kyle Quincey?
Would you trade him straight up right now for Visnovsky?

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 02:09 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Apparently, his minor league coach said he's highly inconsistent - stretches where he's dominant and then periods where he's invisible. His great play now could be one of those "stretches" but let's hope not.
Apparently? Link it please.

no name is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 02:11 AM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
i read it too recently.. can't remember where... was another reason why wings let him go mind you...

Old
12-07-2008, 02:14 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Google "quincey inconsistent". Voila...

http://www.redwingscentral.com/prospects/quincey.php

STRENGTHS
Good skating ability and mobility ... Hard point shot ... Plays smart defensive game ... Reads plays well ... Plays a physical game and works hard along boards ... Competes hard in 1-on-1 battles ... Strong penalty killer ... Works hard every night ... Sticks up for teammates.

WEAKNESSES
Offensive upside fairly limited at NHL level ... Needs to keep game simple and not try to do too much ... Has struggled with inconsistency ... Doesn't always make the simple play coming out of own zone

And this: http://www.griffinscentral.com/players/kquincey.html

2006-07: Whether from injuries or an inconsistent lineup, Kyle's game dropped a notch after the first of year. Inconsistency and defensive lapses marred some pretty good stretches of play for the physical defenseman. He still has the skills, but just doesn't seem to put them together every game. That being said he was one of the more effective blueliner's on the Griffins, and was recalled to Detroit at the end of the season where he scored his first NHL goal.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 02:26 AM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Google "quincey inconsistent". Voila...

http://www.redwingscentral.com/prospects/quincey.php

STRENGTHS
Good skating ability and mobility ... Hard point shot ... Plays smart defensive game ... Reads plays well ... Plays a physical game and works hard along boards ... Competes hard in 1-on-1 battles ... Strong penalty killer ... Works hard every night ... Sticks up for teammates.

WEAKNESSES
Offensive upside fairly limited at NHL level ... Needs to keep game simple and not try to do too much ... Has struggled with inconsistency ... Doesn't always make the simple play coming out of own zone

And this: http://www.griffinscentral.com/players/kquincey.html

2006-07: Whether from injuries or an inconsistent lineup, Kyle's game dropped a notch after the first of year. Inconsistency and defensive lapses marred some pretty good stretches of play for the physical defenseman. He still has the skills, but just doesn't seem to put them together every game. That being said he was one of the more effective blueliner's on the Griffins, and was recalled to Detroit at the end of the season where he scored his first NHL goal.
there was a recent article about him where his coach said the same thing...
however he was soooooo solid in the wings playoff run that year I've bugged my wings buddy about wanting him since.. who knew it would happen and he'd actually be good... I've been waiting for the adrenaline to wear off but it still hasn't happened... yet...