HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lame Effort !!

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2004, 08:41 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 500
Lame Effort !!

It's the 2nd int., this is the worst effort our fwds. have put fwd. this year. I know we are short on defense and last night was amazing, but good lord they are playing bad !! Jersey won tonight, we need these pts with the next 3 games being very tough.

Old
03-06-2004, 11:00 PM
sinisalo

Go figure...Friday they beat one of the top teams in the NHL despite missing many KEY players from the lineup. Saturday they get dumped by an AHL caliber team. Kind of makes you want to pull your hair out!!!!

Old
03-06-2004, 11:05 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisalo
Go figure...Friday they beat one of the top teams in the NHL despite missing many KEY players from the lineup. Saturday they get dumped by an AHL caliber team. Kind of makes you want to pull your hair out!!!!
Yeah. They suck. They're the only team who sometimes just aren't into a game once in a while. They're the only team that doesn't win every game on the schedule.

People really need to stop over-reacting.

Old
03-06-2004, 11:33 PM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd
Especially since we had half of the Phantoms roster in the lineup tonight, and they consisted of most of our D.....and BTW, Sami Kapanen played D tonight and didn't embarrass himself, either. Made some nice first passes out of the zone, too.

Old
03-07-2004, 12:23 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
I think I can handle a loss to Washington, the next night after the war we just had with Ottawa. it's not something unexpected from any team, unless you lose the was (which Ottawa did and they won tonight.) Kapanen hurt us because he was a foward that we lost because we had to put him on defense. He has shown to be one of the main spark plugs on the team and the team missed that tonight.

Get over it. Seriously. A sandwich game between Ottawa and New Jersey (even though I predicted a blow out but that was before I knew we were missing all these guys tonight). Anyone who dwells on this loss should just eat their emotions because you're wasting your time complaining about it.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
03-07-2004, 12:44 AM
Green Mile

I think the Flyers more often than not play to their competition. I can't honestly say this season that I've gone into a Pittsburgh/Philly game thinking, "This is in the bag." Granted they obviously don't lose to crappy teams all the time, but I never get a confident feeling that we'll blow them out. Then again maybe I'm just another pessimistic fan, but I'd like to think I view things objectively.

Off that subject, tonight's game made me want Witt even more. I think the Flyers need a nasty SOB back there. I love Markov but I don't think he's enough. I think a mixture of savvy defensemen (Johnsson, Pitkanen) and then bruiser like Witt who can muck it up and get nasty in front of the net would really help out.

Last edited by Green Mile: 03-07-2004 at 12:50 AM.
Old
03-07-2004, 08:51 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Is it too much to expect the Flyers to beat a team that has just given away its best players? I think the Flyers were guilty of looking past this game to the next one with NJ. I recognize the injuries that plague the Flyers didn't help matters, but one goal? That is pathetic. When the season is over and we are 1 point behind the Devils, this game will haunt us. Green MIle is right, the Flyers play to the level of their competition too many times.

Old
03-07-2004, 09:01 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator
When the season is over and we are 1 point behind the Devils, this game will haunt us.
Games we'd look at first, for various reasons:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=231011015

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=240112015

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=231021008

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=231030011

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=231213015

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=240110015

And every game vs. the Tampa Bay Lightning (all losses)

Now I want the 5 minutes back that it took to make 2 replied in a completly pointless thread made for people who just want to whine.

Old
03-07-2004, 02:49 PM
sinisalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd
Yeah. They suck. They're the only team who sometimes just aren't into a game once in a while. They're the only team that doesn't win every game on the schedule.

Over-reacting?

They blew the nice edge they got Friday night because Ottowa won on Saturday and the Flyers lost to a team loaded with no-names. What they accomplished Friday was flushed down the toilet on Saturday. Stop making excuses. This is the end of the year and they need to suck it up and play every night no matter what

Old
03-07-2004, 04:51 PM
anonymous*

Quote:
Over-reacting?

They blew the nice edge they got Friday night because Ottowa won on Saturday and the Flyers lost to a team loaded with no-names. What they accomplished Friday was flushed down the toilet on Saturday. Stop making excuses. This is the end of the year and they need to suck it up and play every night no matter what
Yes. Over-reacting

Old
03-07-2004, 11:41 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Over-reacting?

No, that's not over-reacting at all. This one game blew the season. Why even play anymore?

Old
03-08-2004, 08:02 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Over-reacting?

They blew the nice edge they got Friday night because Ottowa won on Saturday and the Flyers lost to a team loaded with no-names.
I don't know if you watched the game or not, but the Flyers were also loaded with no-names, too. Yes, it's hard to watch a game we feel the Flyers should win get away, but they just have the get ready for the Devs now...period.

Closed Thread