Notices

habs flames game

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2008, 07:29 PM
nedbraden10

vCash: 500
habs flames game

watching the flames habs game. the 2 studio host just said during the 1 intermission that price and halak are the best goal tending duo in hockey right now . i know they are from Canada but how can u say that when Timmy and Manny are having great years and the bruins are first in the east

Old
12-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

vCash: 50
Price and *Halak* not Malik.

Old
12-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
This must be your first Habs' broadcast.

Old
12-09-2008, 07:39 PM
HamiltonSteelhawks*

Wait until you watch Pierre McGuire orgasm every time Price makes a save

Old
12-09-2008, 07:41 PM
nedbraden10

top it all off it's not even the habs feed.

Old
12-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedbraden10 View Post
watching the flames habs game. the 2 studio host just said during the 1 intermission that price and halak are the best goal tending duo in hockey right now . i know they are from Canada but how can u say that when Timmy and Manny are having great years and the bruins are first in the east
They're paid to cater to the Canadian audience, and with Montreal being the biggest market... well you do the math.

Halak doesn't get to play, so how they say he makes up 1/2 of the best goaltending duo in the league is ridiculous. Consider that Thomas and Manny both have better GAA's and Sv Pctg's, and for that matter, better winning pctgs and the answer to that question is easy to see.

Its too bad really, these are some smart people, but whether they grew up Habs fans and are too biased to see the truth, or that they know the truth and are simply earning a paycheque doesn't matter. They misinform in order to cater to one specific fanbase. Take your heads out of your ***** TSN, you're supposed to be a national sports station for Canada, not the Montreal Canadiens or Toronto Maple Leafs.

I've always wondered if fans of West coast teams hate TSN as much as we do, or more. They get little respect even though they are Canadian.

Old
12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I've always wondered if fans of West coast teams hate TSN as much as we do, or more. They get little respect even though they are Canadian.
I'm from Winnipeg, and I can tell you the anti Hab / Leaf sentiment here is massive. Mostly all backlash from the attention they get on TSN and Sportsnet. Not to mention CBC.

Old
12-09-2008, 09:12 PM
kovalost27

Shhh... Don't make them feel bad. I don't think they've ever watched a Bruins game to tell you who really is the best duo in the NHL.

Old
12-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Next Best Thing*

If the margin of error is 1-3 teams, please tell me why wouldn't this duo be top 3 in the NHL, everything considered.

Old
12-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
I'm from Winnipeg, and I can tell you the anti Hab / Leaf sentiment here is massive. Mostly all backlash from the attention they get on TSN and Sportsnet. Not to mention CBC.
The habs have massive support in Wpg, leafs too. Wherever there is massive support there is massive backlash. I'm sure you could find thousands of anti-habs sentiment in MTL too.

I also agree that no goaltending duo has been better than Boston's so far. The stats pretty much don't lie in this case. Still, MTL looks good for the future. The Carey Price hype can get nauseating though, even for hab fans...

Old
12-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
If the margin of error is 1-3 teams, please tell me why wouldn't this duo be top 3 in the NHL, everything considered.
Cause they are not. None of them are in the top 5 of anything. Night & Day.

Old
12-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosikarzzz View Post

Old
12-09-2008, 09:24 PM
bruinsfan321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosikarzzz View Post
I think he meant a margin of 1 - 30 teams. Then, they are.

Old
12-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Halak's played 6 games, won 2 and lost 2, and has a .914 sv pctg with a 2.57 GAA. That puts him around 20th in both categories.

Price himself is doesn't make the top 10 in either category.

Now, please tell me how they do qualify as the top tandem in the league... all things considered.

Old
12-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Halak's played 6 games, won 2 and lost 2, and has a .914 sv pctg with a 2.57 GAA. That puts him around 20th in both categories.

Price himself is doesn't make the top 10 in either category.

Now, please tell me how they do qualify as the top tandem in the league... all things considered.
I honestly have no interest in a night spent on my laptop tonight debating you, but Price is at the very least top 10, but I know you can't see this.

Old
12-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
I'm from Winnipeg, and there's no anti-Hab sentiment here at all. Lots of Ottawa fans here, actually, and plenty of Habs fans. I grew up watching 35-40 games a year at the old Arena, and the Hab fans in this city are legion. Bruins fans..... not so much. That's to be expected in Canada. The non-white populations in Winnipeg seem to favour the Habs but the Leafs are also in there. Remember, there are lots of First Nations people in the 'Peg and their hockey allegiences are pretty solidly Habs/Leafs on the whole.

Come to think of it there's not even much anti-Leaf sentiment here anymore. Once the Jets left a lot of people just started cheering for the Habs, or Leafs, or any Western Canadian team. Most of the immigrants to Winnipeg from overseas are Habs fans, that's for sure. I think the name, the "Canadiens" has something to do with that, for people unfamilar and wanting to fit in to a new country it just makes sense. Kinda like the Yankees in US and A.

cneely just counting you and your dad and your drunk uncle Frank doesn't make the whole city.

Old
12-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
I honestly have no interest in a night spent on my laptop tonight debating you, but Price is at the very least top 10, but I know you can't see this.
No, statistically he is not in either Sv Pctg or GAA.

There is no debate, I'm not talking hypotheticals, I'm saying of the goalies that save the greatest percentage of shots, there more then 10 that are better then Price. More then 20 better then Halak.

I could likely see it better if it were actually true.

Old
12-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Etienne

Are you sure those 2 hosts didn't say "youngest" instead of "best"?

Old
12-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Quote:
Top ten is what? Show me...Games Played?

here is a link to help

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/statistics/

Old
12-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Krautso

Quote:
No, statistically he is not in either Sv Pctg or GAA.

There is no debate, I'm not talking hypotheticals, I'm saying of the goalies that save the greatest percentage of shots, there more then 10 that are better then Price. More then 20 better then Halak.

I could likely see it better if it were actually true.
well as a tandem MTL is 4th in SV%, 5th in GAA which would theoretically put them in the top 5 overall, no?

Don't worry, BOS is 1st in both!

Old
12-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
well as a tandem MTL is 4th in SV%, 5th in GAA which would theoretically put them in the top 5 overall, no?

Don't worry, BOS is 1st in both!
Thanks, I drank a lot so im just surfing the boards while waiting for the player interviews so.. thanks... top 5 is close to top 3, point proven I suppose? But wait, this is the Bruins board and I expect a rebutal of some sort.

Old
12-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Go Habs Go

You know...I always respected Bruins fans, all the ones that I know personally are great people who are great hockey fans who understand the game really well and you guys have a lot of intelligent posters with a lot of class on this site. But lately...what is up with these threads... I know people who make these types of threads don't represent all Bruins fans but you're making yourselves look like whining babies... Please don't turn into Ottawa fans

Old
12-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

OMG someone actually said this????

Dont they know hockey?? Didnt they look at the standings???

suspend the broadcaster.

Old
12-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Jesus did I take a wrong turn and hit the Habs board? Do you folks do searches to find out who's talking about your team so you can run to their board and post a comment?

And its great to see the Habs fans in the thread agree with us, Price and Halak aren't the best tandem. Apparently there are 4 better sets of goaltenders... you guys should let TSN know, it really doesn't take a lot of looking to figure it out... I mean you folks did in a matter of hours.

Old
12-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Next Best Thing*

I hope we meet in the playoffs again. Don't take this as a backhand comment, more like this is the best and current rivalry of the last 2 years of hockey.

Closed Thread