HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Eklund: EDM / NYR deal

Old
12-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Ales Hemsky would not do well with Gomez, unless the two of them figured out a way to pass the puck into the net. Those two are very similar players (speedy, pass-first playmakers) who would not compliment each other well at all in my opinion.

Back to the rumor as a whole, though. The fact that Eklund ties it to Sundin pretty much tells me that it's complete BS. The Rangers are going to have to clear cap space if they want to sign Sundin. That means that they are going to have to send salary to a team with space and get back less, if any. The last time I checked, the Rangers actually have MORE cap space than the Oilers, so how does Edmonton become a potential salary dumping target?
OMG...do you seriously think you are getting Hemsky. Not going to happen ever.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
oooooooooooo K so this is nice now are their any names?

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Seriously, GET SCHREMP. I've watched this guy play for Springfield a lot over the last year. He's a truly classy guy. After he finished his skate around in warm-ups he always grabs a handful of pucks, whether he's home or away, and gives them to kids. I've never seen a player do that before. Plus the guy has supreme talent. It's a shame he's just getting his chance in the NHL now.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:52 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

hey lum

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:54 PM
BandwagonBasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
The EPICness of

Petr Prucha and Roszival for Rob Schremp and future considerations
Make it so!

BandwagonBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 02:15 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Seriously, GET SCHREMP. I've watched this guy play for Springfield a lot over the last year. He's a truly classy guy. After he finished his skate around in warm-ups he always grabs a handful of pucks, whether he's home or away, and gives them to kids. I've never seen a player do that before. Plus the guy has supreme talent. It's a shame he's just getting his chance in the NHL now.
Jarkko, we usually agree on most things, but I'm so not with you on this one. Robbie Schremp has got to be one of the most overhyped players in the AHL. There is a reason he hasn't made the Oilers full-time and other, younger players passed him by...

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Well the guys got 3 assists in 3 games already. Of course I'm just taking those as stats, I'm not sure what kind of assists they are, but it's a lot more production than some of our guys muster out. I don't want to overrate him so let me tone it down a bit, haha. Part of my love for him as a player is because of how fun he is to watch.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Well the guys got 3 assists in 3 games already. Of course I'm just taking those as stats, I'm not sure what kind of assists they are, but it's a lot more production than some of our guys muster out. I don't want to overrate him so let me tone it down a bit, haha. Part of my love for him as a player is because of how fun he is to watch.
I hate rumors with NO players mentioned

Old
12-10-2008, 03:34 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqMGK3AvUG0

I've been a Schremp fan for a while now. Put him with Gomez and watch them go...and have the worst +/- in the league.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:44 PM
surshot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Jarkko, we usually agree on most things, but I'm so not with you on this one. Robbie Schremp has got to be one of the most overhyped players in the AHL. There is a reason he hasn't made the Oilers full-time and other, younger players passed him by...
The only real reason is we have similer players in Gagner, Nilsson, Cogliano. Ahead of him which is why he has finally got a chance with Nilsson injured. Otherwise he should have been in the NHL last year he is the real deal.

Is Zherdev availiable if you guys get sundin?

we could possibly do a Cole + Schremp + a 1st rounder for Zherdev + Gomez Which would save you guys almost 5 million in cap space. We would still have to make more cap room are selfs which should not be to hard about 2.5 mill. Are you sure you guys want Sundin because there is zero chance you guys win a trade in a salery dump trade. But you get Sundin i guess.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:48 PM
surshot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqMGK3AvUG0

I've been a Schremp fan for a while now. Put him with Gomez and watch them go...and have the worst +/- in the league.
I was looking at your guys stats and noticed almost everyone on the team is a minus player are you guys winning with your PP or something?. Atleast Zherdev is a plus player but i assume he is getting sheltered by Renney or something.

Old
12-10-2008, 03:48 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
The only real reason is we have similer players in Gagner, Nilsson, Cogliano. Ahead of him which is why he has finally got a chance with Nilsson injured. Otherwise he should have been in the NHL last year he is the real deal.

we could possibly do a Cole + Schremp + a 1st rounder for Zherdev + Gomez Which would save you guys almost 5 million in cap space. We would still have to make more cap room are selfs which should not be to hard about 2.5 mill. Are you sure you guys want Sundin because there is zero chance you guys win a trade in a salery dump trade. But you get Sundin i guess.
that much! wow. Seems quite lopsided IMO

Old
12-10-2008, 03:49 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
I was looking at your guys stats and noticed almost everyone on the team is a minus player are you guys winning with your PP or something?. Atleast Zherdev is a plus player but i assume he is getting sheltered by Renney or something.

Our record to date has everything to do with Henrik Lundqvist.

Old
12-10-2008, 03:50 PM
DrewN

Quote:
Is Zherdev availiable ?
That's a negatory ghost rider...

DrewN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:51 PM
NYR Viper

would love to get schremp......skilled forward.....i dont understand why people are so down on this guy....he was drafted in the same draft, and the same round as korpikoski...and he is just now earning a regular job and has been up and down all season.....

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:51 PM
asparkoflife

Quote:

kidding right??? no way.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Fataldogg

The Oilers don't have anyone on their team good enough to turn our team around. No matter what the trade is. I'm not interested in Erik Cole who has been an underachiever since leaving the Canes. Hemsky would be great but we do not have anyone to give enough incentive for the Oilers to draw him in.

I'd trade Roszival OR Redden + Dawes + 2nd Round Draft Pick for Cogliano or Gagner. But even though Gagner hasn't had the best year that still isn't probably enough to draw them in for giving up their biggest potential star prospect. Cogliano is a sharp player too, drawing in a player like him I would not mind. But not for giving up too much.

Or maybe Redden + Callahan + 2nd Round Draft Pick for Cogliano + Cole.

I know I said I'm not interested in Cole but for that deal I'd take the gamble on him returning to his previous form with the Canes.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:56 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Rozsival for Schremp straight up.

Old
12-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
would love to get schremp......skilled forward.....i dont understand why people are so down on this guy....he was drafted in the same draft, and the same round as korpikoski...and he is just now earning a regular job and has been up and down all season.....
Korpikoski was a well conditioned, hard worker at the combine.

Schremp just blew chunks and sat by himself for awhile.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:58 PM
surshot*

Quote:
that much! wow. Seems quite lopsided IMO
It is but you guys get an upgrade in Sundin i suppose if he signs. I do not know who else you guys would trade to make room for Sundin and do not see Gomez liking getting pushed to the second line and do not see you guys trading your captain unless Sather wants to make Sundin captain on arrival. And maybe asking for Zherdev is asking a bit to much but do not see the Oil making a trade if they can not get a shooter back.

Old
12-10-2008, 04:07 PM
surshot*

Quote:

Our record to date has everything to do with Henrik Lundqvist.
If thats so why so many minus players. Could you just answer the question instead of reminding me of the god like goaltender you guys have. I am well aware of him thanks.

Old
12-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervedriver82 View Post
That's a negatory ghost rider...
I disagree that Zherdev is not available, with or without Sundin. It all depends on compensation. If the Rangers were getting back a young player or prospect with a modest contact, I can see them parting with one of their RFA's due for a raise.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 04:08 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
It is but you guys get an upgrade in Sundin i suppose if he signs. I do not know who else you guys would trade to make room for Sundin and do not see Gomez liking getting pushed to the second line and do not see you guys trading your captain unless Sather wants to make Sundin captain on arrival. And maybe asking for Zherdev is asking a bit to much but do not see the Oil making a trade if they can not get a shooter back.
Trade the likes of Rozsival/Redden/Dawes/Prucha

Throw Drury on the wing whicih makes our top three centers Gomez Sundin Dubinsky. But that's even if we sign Sundin which I don't think we'll be doing IMHO.

Old
12-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Trade the likes of Rozsival/Redden/Dawes/Prucha

Throw Drury on the wing whicih makes our top three centers Gomez Sundin Dubinsky. But that's even if we sign Sundin which I don't think we'll be doing IMHO.
after Saturday we should know within a week

Old
12-10-2008, 04:12 PM
surshot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
The Oilers don't have anyone on their team good enough to turn our team around. No matter what the trade is. I'm not interested in Erik Cole who has been an underachiever since leaving the Canes. Hemsky would be great but we do not have anyone to give enough incentive for the Oilers to draw him in.

I'd trade Roszival OR Redden + Dawes + 2nd Round Draft Pick for Cogliano or Gagner. But even though Gagner hasn't had the best year that still isn't probably enough to draw them in for giving up their biggest potential star prospect. Cogliano is a sharp player too, drawing in a player like him I would not mind. But not for giving up too much.

Or maybe Redden + Callahan + 2nd Round Draft Pick for Cogliano + Cole.

I know I said I'm not interested in Cole but for that deal I'd take the gamble on him returning to his previous form with the Canes.
Where is the salery dump for Sundin? If it was not for Sundin this trade would not be discussed. You guys keep acting like this and Sundin is going to end up in Vancouver and we are both going to be pissed.