Game 29: Flames @ Red Wings - 5:30pm MT - TSN (HD) & the Fan 960

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Hyde

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonetlumiere View Post
true he is a great leader, and a work horse.. but i just dont get how his 15 game goal-less streak was justified by putting him on the first line.

whatever though, great goal. hope too see alot more of that out of him if he's gonna be playing top minutes.
He wins key faceoffs and is a key member of the PK. Yes scoring goals is wonderful but not everything.

Old
12-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Is something wrong with the NHLboard?

Old
12-10-2008, 07:22 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Great first period for the Flames. McElhinney looks calm out there.

Old
12-10-2008, 07:23 PM
serratedmuffin

how are the goalies looking so far? Are we really dominating them that much??

Old
12-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Hyde

I bet Snoil is having a great time.

Old
12-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
And dreams can come true. This period was a thing of sheer poetry. Magnificentce personified. I could wax poetic all night about how the Flames played. They played pure smart defensive hockey and jumped into the offense when it was smart and appropriate. Everyone had their sticks on the ice and blocked passes, stole chances and made life horrible for Detroit that frame. Decisive answer for the question of whether they would have the gumption to show up.

The power play was pathetic. I know I am harsh at the best of times but the first PP chance was anemic. They couldn't penetrate the offensive zone, had no puck pressure at all, and never really got set up. The Wings really had the special units number. The PK was absolutely flawless. Blocked shots, active sticks (I love having to repeat that) and perfect dump shots. And McE was absolutely stunning. He stopped everything the Detriot players could throw at him and more!

The combination of Iggy and Cammy is pure gold. Inspired even/ They have really set the tone for our warriors tonight and everyone seems to be following along. Bourque and Conny as well are showing some serious chemistry. And how about that Moss!!! His outlet pass to Bertuzzi was absolute perfection! Todd's amazing work to get three chances before Langkow pot the second Flames goal was also a step up from his previous performances.

Old
12-10-2008, 07:32 PM
kruezer

You know Lanny, I think you are too harsh on the PP, I mean, they aren't Detroit, but they sure are not Columbus either. They could certainly do better, and it would nice for them to force their way into the top 10 on the PP, but I don't know about ragging on it too much, they can't be considered that bad can they?

Old
12-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Hyde

I really love that Bert - Langkow - Moss line and really I'm not one to get hung up on lines but they get seem to click when they're together. Man, oh man I am so glad I decided to watch this game tonight....just for that first period alone...even though I am going to get into trouble

Old
12-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Sleazy P Martini

oh my god, great save

Old
12-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Grannys

looking good so far!!!

Old
12-10-2008, 07:38 PM
totalrecall

Good job flames

Old
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy P Martini View Post
oh my god, great save
Indeed but Conroy should get some props too (for his defensive play).

Old
Ticonderoga

We look more rested then I thought after last night.

Good game so far.

Old
12-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Ticonderoga

Big PK coming.

Old
12-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Hyde

Moss penalty (needless....Moss is smarter then that).

EDIT: That was a great shorthanded play by Nystrom.

Old
12-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Sleazy P Martini

what the **** was dion doing on that one?

Old
12-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy P Martini View Post
what the **** was dion doing on that one?
What? I'm sorry why are you blaming Dion for that Goal?

Old
12-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonetlumiere View Post
true he is a great leader, and a work horse.. but i just dont get how his 15 game goal-less streak was justified by putting him on the first line.

whatever though, great goal. hope too see alot more of that out of him if he's gonna be playing top minutes.
Conroy is being rewarded for all other aspects of his game... he has been contributing offensively... creating chances... he has been playing very good defense... he has been winning faceoffs... he is a big reason for the success of Glencross and Bourque recently... plus against Detroit he is a stronger defensive presence for the top line... you need to open your eyes and look beyond the goal column on the stats sheet

Old
12-10-2008, 07:55 PM
GoFlames

Holy a great move by Boyd and great saves here..... great team game!

Old
12-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Sleazy P Martini

ugh... this powerplay

Old
12-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Hyde

Flames PP has been rather meh but the PK has been great.....these things tends to balance out so..Here is hoping they get maybe one tonight....and go from there.

Old
12-10-2008, 08:11 PM
ChoiceBeans

MacE has been killer! Whole team playing great. Awesome effort - hope we can keep the legs moving into the third and come away with a win...

Old
12-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
Another solid period by the Flames. Not as good as the first by any means, but all in all a good period. They opened up in the neutral zone a bit too much in that frame and Detroit took advantage of that and began to get more pressure in the Flames zone. Everyone to a man, was committed defensively all period, and the back check was fantastic. Everyone kept the shooting lanes clear and McE stood on his ear again that period. No blame can be faulted on him for the Wings goal.

The power play again couldn't gain the zone or get set up. Thoyugh as was pointed out to me, Detroit really played their PK perfectly and was stifling. They did have to share the blame tho as the PP unit had some incredibly sloppy passes which set up a couple short handed chances for the Wings, and Aucoin and Tobasco had to both be fantastic to stop them. The PK was again absolute perfcetion all period long. They also had a lot more work as disciple fell apart just a tiny bit. I love that try by McE to stop the breakaway chance even if it did end up as a delay of game. Right on for reading the play Curtis.

I am loving Tobasco. He's been absolutely brilliant in net tonight. I am gaining a great amount of confidence in our back up tonight. Boyd has been all over the ice doing everything right and being a huge threat at all times. What a talent! Nystrom made some excellent plays too, and yes that should have been some sort of call. Hooking would have been acceptable. The defensive duos have done a great job of locking down the blue line. Keeping the Detroit players to the outside is very important and the Flames D-men have done a spellbinding job of it.

Old
12-10-2008, 08:16 PM
GoFlames

Yeah I am glad that McE is having a great game. Looking great... especially after being so long since he was last in.

Old
12-10-2008, 08:34 PM
sonetlumiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Conroy is being rewarded for all other aspects of his game... he has been contributing offensively... creating chances... he has been playing very good defense... he has been winning faceoffs... he is a big reason for the success of Glencross and Bourque recently... plus against Detroit he is a stronger defensive presence for the top line... you need to open your eyes and look beyond the goal column on the stats sheet
lol why do you always feel the obligation to give me your opinion and never respond back to mine? besides, all your points are pretty obvious. the only thing i really had a problem with is how inconsistent he is. one night he'll look like a top center, and another he'll look like he should be working the fourth.

lol please, when did i say the only thing that mattered was the goal column?.. i merely pointed out he needs to keep up his offensive prowess if he's looking to be a first line regular (lord knows nothing's concrete with keenan).

Closed Thread