HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone feel lupul may be dealt

Old
12-10-2008, 04:42 PM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech View Post
I hate threads that have so many spelling and/or punctuation errors.

Metro is a great player who was on the first line at one point. Lupul can't do enough to stay on the second line. I doubt anyone here has any issues with Metro, Lupul however, is another story.
Hehehe, just read mine. I Misspell words all the time and when typing I ALWAYS makes mistakes. I type with just 2 fingers on each hand, I roam all over the keyboard and I try to go to fast way to often. I get extra letters, I will type the word "for" as "fro" or something like that a lot. I reread some of my posts in a thread and I make myself laugh. i think I generally get my point across and that's fine with me. I don't judge others based upon their typing skills. Honeslty, at work, I have a secratary who does all my typing for me. I don't bother with the little things like typing mistakes and spelling, that's why I have Michell. Let her earn her money, lol.

Honestly, why should we even post in this thread. Lupul being traded has only been discussed about 20 zillion times in a hundred or so other threads. Hell, I just went over our cap situation for next year in the thread about Horton. Go look it up if you want more opinions regarding Lupul and whether or not he's trade bait.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 04:43 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Did Hatch hit him early in his Edmonton days too? Lupul takes days off and he doesn't have the skillset to do that. Classic streaky player.
Lupul was playing excellent hockey last season when Hatcher caught him with that hit that gave him a concussion, whiplash, and a bruised spinal column. I don't care what anyone says, you're going to play afraid for awhile. So, I'm willing to give Lupul the benefit of the doubt. It took Umberger a year to get over that hit from Campbell, it's going to take Lupul the same.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 05:16 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Lupul was playing excellent hockey last season when Hatcher caught him with that hit that gave him a concussion, whiplash, and a bruised spinal column. I don't care what anyone says, you're going to play afraid for awhile. So, I'm willing to give Lupul the benefit of the doubt. It took Umberger a year to get over that hit from Campbell, it's going to take Lupul the same.
Doesnt help either when you are a streaky sniper to begin with and you are playing with Metropolit

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:

Undeniable, he was excellent until he got crushed. He was not excellent in Edmonton though, I think he falls somewhere in between right now. Not as bad as he was with the Oil but nowhere near the player we thought we had. I'm no Doctor but different players obviously take differing times to return to form following big head shots. I'm not saying your view is wrong but Lupul's been very mediocre before and it's not out of the question that he dog's it on occasion. You could possibly be reaching, I hope you're right.....better if he gets it going sooner than later.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Viller

I dont get how people are still playing the offline mode on this game... I havent played a single offline game yet, only online OTP and VS. mode... Doing pretty well I must say, 110-27-6, ranked 1700 I think.(most of my losses comme from being disconnected or getting my ass kicked playing with 2 or 3 other players on my team...) Our team is doing ok in OTP, ranked Division 4 Rank 40 last time I checked.

Oh and I ONLY use the Flyers for VS. mode, so I end up playing Detroit, Vancouver, Calgary and Pittsburgh most of the time... Pretty good record for playing those couple of teams over and over...

Do you guys playing offline not get bored of scoring 10 goals a game and winning the cup every year? Seriously... I must have a short attention span I guess. Online is so much better because every player has a different style of play and your opponents dont get cheap ass goals in the last 10 minutes of the game all the time...

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 05:54 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
I dont get how people are still playing the offline mode on this game... I havent played a single offline game yet, only online OTP and VS. mode... Doing pretty well I must say, 110-27-6, ranked 1700 I think.(most of my losses comme from being disconnected or getting my ass kicked playing with 2 or 3 other players on my team...) Our team is doing ok in OTP, ranked Division 4 Rank 40 last time I checked.

Oh and I ONLY use the Flyers for VS. mode, so I end up playing Detroit, Vancouver, Calgary and Pittsburgh most of the time... Pretty good record for playing those couple of teams over and over...

Do you guys playing offline not get bored of scoring 10 goals a game and winning the cup every year? Seriously... I must have a short attention span I guess. Online is so much better because every player has a different style of play and your opponents dont get cheap ass goals in the last 10 minutes of the game all the time...
Because I dont waste my time with online play, not my cup of tea.....Playing video games is my time to escape from the world and reality....very rarely I will play a friend in a game or two but that is about it.

I also dont have time to play everyday so I dont have enough time to get good enough to score 10 goals a game and win the cup every year.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 06:07 PM
donnieb

This board is getting on his back a little too much, Lupul is going nowhere, he's on pace for 25 goals get off his back. He's been playing well the last couple games and it's just a matter of time before he starts scoring. Remember Hartnell last year, that was way worse at the start of the year.

The Flyers are 10-1-3 in there last 14. Nobody important is going anywhere.

donnieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 06:08 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnieb View Post
This board is getting on his back a little too much, Lupul is going nowhere, he's on pace for 25 goals get off his back. He's been playing well the last couple games and it's just a matter of time before he starts scoring. Remember Hartnell last year, that was way worse at the start of the year.

Hartnell may not always show up on the score sheet, but at least he shows up and gives an effort

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnieb View Post

If you think this thread is "getting on his back too much," you'd better pray he gets dealt. Lupul is easily replaceable. That and his looming contract make him an easy target.

Old
12-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Hartnell may not always show up on the score sheet, but at least he shows up and gives an effort

and NOBODY can chuck a glove at someone like Scotty.

Old
12-10-2008, 06:16 PM
ELab2

Yes I get the feeling he could certainly be traded at some point. I think he gets that feeling too.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 06:18 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

And it's not just how he's playing, we need to clear some cap space. He's an expendable winger, and we happen to have some very good wingers in the system not to far away from being NHL ready

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 06:35 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Undeniable, he was excellent until he got crushed. He was not excellent in Edmonton though, I think he falls somewhere in between right now. Not as bad as he was with the Oil but nowhere near the player we thought we had. I'm no Doctor but different players obviously take differing times to return to form following big head shots. I'm not saying your view is wrong but Lupul's been very mediocre before and it's not out of the question that he dog's it on occasion. You could possibly be reaching, I hope you're right.....better if he gets it going sooner than later.
That whole Edmonton team was horrible and Lupul was unfairly used as a scapegoat. Yes, he dogged it some nights and he admitted that he did, however, in total fairness, MacTavish just didn't have a clue how to use to Lupul. In all fairness, MacTavish just doesn't have a clue. Read what Edmonton fans think of MacT and you'll see that a lot of them want him fired.

As for the hit that Lupul took, it was a devastating hit. Agreed that players take various amount of time in terms of returning from head hits. Some respond quickly, some play with fear for the first little while until they start getting comfortable.

As for Lupul, I think what we saw last year was the real deal. He was really fired up and played on all cylinders. This year, I watch him and there's a real tentativeness to his game, almost like he's being overly cautious and picking his spots. To me, that's more than a signal that he's playing scared. He used to go to the net and corners with reckless abandon and that's one thing I'm not seeing this year. He's trying to finesse his way in around there with the hopes of not getting hit. Maybe he is dogging it, I don't know. However, it really looks like he's playing afraid.

Maybe Lupul would benefit from talking to a sports psychologist to see if they can get to the bottom of this.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
Yes I get the feeling he could certainly be traded at some point. I think he gets that feeling too.

Game winner against Atlanta. He didn't look like a happy camper after he scored possibly the nicest goal of his career. Looked like someone that was feeling trade weight.

Old
12-10-2008, 07:15 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Maybe Lupul would benefit from talking to a sports psychologist to see if they can get to the bottom of this.
Time to call Guru Pitka

Mariska Hargitay

Last edited by TheDrizzle81: 01-30-2009 at 08:22 PM.
TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 07:17 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Game winner against Atlanta. He didn't look like a happy camper after he scored possibly the nicest goal of his career. Looked like someone that was feeling trade weight.
I also believe he made some comments recently about really liking playing Philly and having great chemistry with the young circle on and off the ice but realizing that with the cap situation he could get traded. You don't usually hear about that stuff from a player who just got extended.

sorry, I'm looking everywhere but can't find the article

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:24 AM
pcgflyers12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCupChamps08 View Post
hope briere goes first but lupul and jones to follow
why briere? he had some good goals for us last year. so did umberger. i just dont understand why they got red of umberger. but we ahve to keep briere. we have to

pcgflyers12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:40 AM
chaosof99*

They had to fit it somehow under the Cap, and I believe the decision was between Umby and Carter. I am glad we kept Carts.

We can't get rid of Brière easily though because of his No-Trade-Clause, which really pisses me off. Not that I dislike Danny, I really like him as a person and he also plays well, but we are now staffing three centers which could probably play first line on most teams (on talent, not necessarily when competing with the other centers the team already has) and without Danny's salary we could probably find another decent winger and upgrade to a good goalie.

I just hope his contract isn't going to haunt us for years and he will waive the NTC next season or so.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote