HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sam Weinman on NYRangerscast

Old
12-11-2008, 03:26 PM
MMessier11

vCash: 500
Sam Weinman on NYRangerscast

Hey guys,
Had Weinman on the show today. As always, great stuff.

Here's the link:
http://nyrangerscast.com/podcasts/nyrangerscast079.mp3

Enjoy.

MMessier11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 05:59 PM
TheZherdev

Awesome. Thanks again for the great coverage u guys do!

You guys are the best.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 06:03 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMessier11 View Post
Hey guys,

Here's the link:

Enjoy.

Very cool! Finally a Rangerscast after a WIN. I always dread the ones after a loss because i'm pissed!

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Bless This Mess

best interview yet in my opinion

Bless This Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 01:00 AM
MMessier11

We appreciate all the kind words. Again, we love to make this show as interactive as possible, so any suggestions you all have or any specific guests you'd like us to go after, please let us know.

MMessier11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 01:41 AM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
I think Sam Weinman and you guys at NYRangerscast are an asset to our fellow ranger fans. I enjoy you show weather the rangers win or lose. I noticed the other day you devoted a good part of the show in response to inferno's reply and post on his site. Any chance we can convince inferno to open the comments section at ranger review?

Again thanks for the coverage

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 04:52 AM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Hey guys,
Here's the link:
Enjoy.
Quote:
We appreciate all the kind words. Again, we love to make this show as interactive as possible, so any suggestions you all have or any specific guests you'd like us to go after, please let us know.

I am 100% serious when I say this and I think MANY Many Ranger fans will feel the same way but could you try getting Perry Pearn on the show. I would really like know what this guy thought. But don't be soft on the guy. Ask him what he has done so far to try and improve the Power play. What new looks they have tried and how he feels about it. Ask him why our power play is so poor. Ask him if he has any more ideas to try and fix our power play or is he all out of them. Ask him what he thinks needs to be done for our power play to be effective. The power play suffered last year and again it is suffering this year. Ask him why teams like Atlanta, Islanders, and Florida are able to put together more effective power plays while having a much smaller talent pool for their coaches to work with. I can understand why a team like Detroit has such a great power play. A Very good puck possession team given even more time is going to tear you apart. But We have the talent to be in the top 10 for power plays. So, if we have the players with the ability to create an effective power play it has to be coaching. right?

Ask him why our Powerplay unit... armed with one of the best passers in the game (Gomez),a bundle of talented forwards with their own skills and talents and a great array of Blue liners can't get the job done. Ask him why out of 141 chances we are only +13 on the power play which Is on the bottom 5 in the league. Why we have given up 8 short handed goals against. If it wasn't for the stellar play of Hank, I am more then sure our SHG agaisnt would be much higher.

If you guys really want to give a good but hard interview, ask him if him being the Special teams coach or at least the power play coach is really best for the Rangers. Ask him if he is all out of ideas and should request help or if he is just hoping the players will figure it out. (We don't have those seasoned vets anymore that can do his job anymore)... I'm looking at you Shanny.

Also, could you suggest to him that maybe try putting Prucha in where Voros plays in front of the net and let him put away the garbage like he used to do his rookie season. Maybe even look at tapes from the 05-06 power play where we ranked 8th in the league?

-A side note - Can you ask if players actually go onto these sites (Specifically this one ) and read what we say. Maybe they are playing so poorly because of all the garbage we say..... well, what can we say. We are a very emotion fan base.

Last edited by Garfinkel1: 12-12-2008 at 05:07 AM.
Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Great work guys. Always enjoy what you (and Sam) have to say.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote