HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"All Things Peoria" thread...

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2010, 05:38 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I wonder how bad Wamsley wants to be a head coach now. Not a resume builder so far.

Old
02-23-2010, 06:35 PM
ChicagoBlues

vCash: 500
I know. Too bad for Wams.

I can't blame McDonald for building the team the way he did. Lots of The Blues' prospects just were not ready to join Peoria by the beginning of this season.

I doubt Lemtyugov comes back over, but I sure hope they can convince Lehtera to come aboard because Eller will be in St. Louis by the end of this season.

Peoria should get a nice infusion of talent next season as at least 4 or 5 prospects will be be ready to go pro. The team may suck again, but at least The Blue's prospects can learn together without a bunch of AHL journey-men and never-beens.

Old
02-24-2010, 12:25 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
I couldn't agree more with the comments about lack of team defense and the turnover twins. They don't need to switch to a 1-2-2 or anything but sheesh they have blown way too many games this year. I really worry about trying to develop Allen in front of that defense as it stands now. Cole's skillset would be a major boon on that team.

Sonne potted another last night.

Old
02-24-2010, 10:33 PM
ChicagoBlues

Junland and Eller should be with the Blues next season. Pietrangelo could be with the Blues or in Peoria. That could go either way. Cole is likely graduating early if he can to join Peoria.

Out:
Junland (to Blues)
Eller (to Blues)

In:
Cole maybe
Pietro maybe
Cundari (can't forget about him)

Old
03-01-2010, 09:44 PM
execwrite

The Blues acquired goaltender Joe Fallon from Chicago in exchange for goaltender Hannu Toivonen and defenseman Danny Richmond.

Fallon, 25, has played in 29 games this season with the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, recording a 15-10-1 mark including a 2.64 GAA and .912 save percentage. Last season, the 6-3, 190-pound goaltender spent the majority of his season with the Gwinnett Gladiators of the ECHL, collecting a 10-10-1 record, 3.23 GAA and .901 save percentage in 22 games.

Fallon will report to the Blues’ AHL affiliate Peoria Rivermen

Old
03-02-2010, 09:05 AM
schronote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Junland and Eller should be with the Blues next season. Pietrangelo could be with the Blues or in Peoria. That could go either way. Cole is likely graduating early if he can to join Peoria.

Out:
Junland (to Blues)
Eller (to Blues)

In:
Cole maybe
Pietro maybe
Cundari (can't forget about him)
Junland has not earned anything yet, he looked awful at camp this year with the exception of skating drills. He looked decent in his one preseason game and below average in his call up. I would not be surprised at all if he could use another year in the ahl before becoming a full time nhler. I think next year he will be back and forth a lot, with Jackman-Polak-Brew-EJ-Petro, there is only one spot left and he will have to come into camp much stronger than he did this year.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by schronote View Post
Junland has not earned anything yet, he looked awful at camp this year with the exception of skating drills. He looked decent in his one preseason game and below average in his call up. I would not be surprised at all if he could use another year in the ahl before becoming a full time nhler. I think next year he will be back and forth a lot, with Jackman-Polak-Brew-EJ-Petro, there is only one spot left and he will have to come into camp much stronger than he did this year.
I hope The Blues will bring in a young veteran mobile defenceman through trade or as UFA, to anchor the defence, keeping Junland in Peoria for next season. One more year there, and he should be ready.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:40 AM
ChicagoBlues

Yeah, maybe you guys are right. Maybe Junland should remain in Peoria one more season.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

If Junland were on a team with less defensive depth, wouldn't he already be in the NHL...and surely next season? I don't get to watch Peoria much, but I had the impression he wasn't that far from competing for an NHL job. Maybe not with the Blues, but for another team.

Old
03-05-2010, 11:34 AM
ibleedblue8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
If Junland were on a team with less defensive depth, wouldn't he already be in the NHL...and surely next season? I don't get to watch Peoria much, but I had the impression he wasn't that far from competing for an NHL job. Maybe not with the Blues, but for another team.
He would probaly already be in the NHL if Andy Murray wouldn't have been the coach to start the year. Sydor wouldn't have made the team and Junland would be up.
Quick question for people who watch the Rivermen. I follow them and notice that the whole team is minus except for two players. Junland is a +8, how does hes become +8 on a all minus team? His weakness his his defensive ability. Ether this is fixed, or he is superior to all AHLers with his offensive ability. Anyone have any input?

Old
03-05-2010, 01:06 PM
schronote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedblue8 View Post
He would probaly already be in the NHL if Andy Murray wouldn't have been the coach to start the year. Sydor wouldn't have made the team and Junland would be up.
Quick question for people who watch the Rivermen. I follow them and notice that the whole team is minus except for two players. Junland is a +8, how does hes become +8 on a all minus team? His weakness his his defensive ability. Ether this is fixed, or he is superior to all AHLers with his offensive ability. Anyone have any input?
Junlands +8 represents his team scoring that much more than teams score against him. It does not represent defensive prowess. For the most part Junland's offensive play is superior to most dmen in the league no question. But i disagree that junland would be here if murray wasn't coaching. Payne has already called up a dman and it was strachan. Junland has NHL skills he is just a year of physical development away. People need to accept there is a huge jump between the two leagues and that the more time you give someone to adjust,than they have the better chance of succeeding long term.

Old
03-05-2010, 04:22 PM
ibleedblue8

Quote:
Junlands +8 represents his team scoring that much more than teams score against him. It does not represent defensive prowess. For the most part Junland's offensive play is superior to most dmen in the league no question. But i disagree that junland would be here if murray wasn't coaching. Payne has already called up a dman and it was strachan. Junland has NHL skills he is just a year of physical development away. People need to accept there is a huge jump between the two leagues and that the more time you give someone to adjust,than they have the better chance of succeeding long term.
There are only two players on the Rivermen who are + players.
Junland +8
Lampan -12
Strachan -2
Bell -9
Richmond-15
Wagner-9
These are all the d-man who have played a significant number of games for the Rivermen. My question is why is there such a difference between Junland and the rest?

Old
03-05-2010, 05:52 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedblue8 View Post
There are only two players on the Rivermen who are + players.
Junland +8
Lampan -12
Strachan -2
Bell -9
Richmond-15
Wagner-9
These are all the d-man who have played a significant number of games for the Rivermen. My question is why is there such a difference between Junland and the rest?
You are reading too much into +/-. Junland is an absolute wizzard offensively. Really the only guys that are better are some of the higher profile prospects like Subban, etc and he's not that far behind them. His problem is clearly from his own blueline back. He needs to improve his gap control, odd positional choices now and then, roams a bit too much, and a heavy forcheck can cause him problems now and then. Now to be fair he has improved his defensive game in his time in the AHL. Another thing to consider is he generally gets put out behind whatever line Eller is on and that usually means the ice is tilted towards the other teams goal.

It's pretty easy to find streams of Rivermen games watch a couple you'll get a good idea of him then.

Old
03-09-2010, 09:59 PM
BlueBeard

An exciting Rivermen game tonight! They came back from being down 5 to 1 and tied the game up in the third. Unfortunately it ended up in an OT loss on a bad giveaway but I enjoyed seeing the team will itself back into the game. Eller netted his fourth goal in four games, Sonne had 3 helpers and Junland with a goal and an assist.

Old
03-10-2010, 10:09 PM
BlueBeard

Well Eller's goal streak ended tonight but he had two assists. Eller has been just phenomenal the past week. Junland took a very bad hit to the head in the third I would be quite surprised if he doesn't miss time with a concussion. Army left the game in the 2nd period as well which sucks because the Pelletier-Eller-Army line has been fantastic.

If Sonne can improve his skating some and strength level he still has a good shot at finding a bottom six role in the NHL. His compete level is miles above what it was earlier this year. I also have to give him some credit for standing up for his team mates. When Junland went down he went right after that guy, and he chased another guy down after another questionable hit earlier.

Old
03-12-2010, 10:16 PM
BlueBeard

Eller extended his point streak to 6 games tonight with another goal. He now has 10 pts(5g 5a +8) in his last 6 games. Someone must have whizzed in his cheerios today because he was in an extra feisty mood out there.

The only update given on Junland was the ever mysterious upper body injury. The team just doesn't look the same without him.

Quick tidbits on the newer guys. Guenin has been here for a while longer but that was a good trade for us. Fallon has a couple starts now and he's not too shabby. I really liked Hannu but add in Boyle who's a decent AHL'er and we came out OK on this trade. The Labrie for Stastny is still puzzling...

Old
03-12-2010, 10:41 PM
schronote

It is nice to see Eller is starting to score some goals, any video highlights of any of Peoria's recent games? I really hope he can stay healthy and come into camp with no setbacks. It will be interesting to see what he can do once an NHL regular. With Eller, Oshie, and Perron we are going to have some pesky forwards. I really like what our future style of play could be like, high tempo, high skill.

Old
03-12-2010, 11:05 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
It is nice to see Eller is starting to score some goals, any video highlights of any of Peoria's recent games? I really hope he can stay healthy and come into camp with no setbacks. It will be interesting to see what he can do once an NHL regular. With Eller, Oshie, and Perron we are going to have some pesky forwards. I really like what our future style of play could be like, high tempo, high skill.
AHL website You may have to select Peoria from the drop down.

Eller is a very unique player. It's like you took parts of Berglund, Perron, Oshie, and tossed in a little Andy McDonald and grew him in a lab somewhere in a secret government bunker.

Old
03-13-2010, 04:06 AM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Eller for future captain

Anyway why doesn't he get a callup to the NHL? The playoffs is hard to reach, and the additional NHL experience would be great for Eller as he will be a full time NHLer next season.

Perhaps they will wait a couple of games and see how the last playoff push goes?

Old
03-13-2010, 11:34 AM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Eller for future captain

Anyway why doesn't he get a callup to the NHL? The playoffs is hard to reach, and the additional NHL experience would be great for Eller as he will be a full time NHLer next season.

Perhaps they will wait a couple of games and see how the last playoff push goes?
Eller appears to be deserving of a call-up but there are two things currently working against him - the Blues are still trying to make a push for the playoffs and the Blues already have 15 forwards on their roster...or at least will once Tkachuk is cleared (is expected to return to the lineup either tonight or tomorrow) and Janssen returns from his suspension.

If the Blues fall out of contention and a couple of Blues forwards are injured, then I could see Eller getting a call-up. A few months ago, I thought it was fairly likely we would see Eller in STL by the end of the season but now that things have shaken out as they have (Blues added a forward in D'Agostini without anyone exiting the roster) Eller's chances of a call-up at this point aren't nearly as good as they appeared before.

Old
03-19-2010, 11:38 PM
BlueBeard

Well Peoria won tonight and are now 3 points out of the last playoff spot. The team's play has really picked up since the deadline! It was a quiet night for the prospects except for Fallon who played pretty darn well tonight.

Oh former Rivermen goalie Chris Holt scored a goal tonight.

Old
03-20-2010, 01:28 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Chris Holt!

Old
03-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Will Cole be playing tomorrow?

Old
03-23-2010, 01:27 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
Well Peoria won tonight and are now 3 points out of the last playoff spot. The team's play has really picked up since the deadline! It was a quiet night for the prospects except for Fallon who played pretty darn well tonight.

Oh former Rivermen goalie Chris Holt scored a goal tonight.
As a goalie?

Old
03-23-2010, 02:14 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Chris Holt!
Someone with better photoshop skills than I needs to crop Chris' head on one of these photos.

Closed Thread