HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"All Things Peoria" thread...

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2010, 02:33 AM
Johnny8242

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Atlanta fan here. I was really mad when we traded Oystrick I think he is a quality 5-6 guy I think you guys will like him if he gets a shot at least a call up in case of Injury. He should be sick for Peoria too! I think he could surprise some people

Old
07-12-2010, 11:18 AM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8242 View Post
Atlanta fan here. I was really mad when we traded Oystrick I think he is a quality 5-6 guy I think you guys will like him if he gets a shot at least a call up in case of Injury. He should be sick for Peoria too! I think he could surprise some people
Thanks for the firsthand account and info on Oystrick. The guy does have 56 games in the NHL so yeah, it looks like he should be in the mix for the 7th spot in the lineup or more likely, will serve as a good injury call-up option during the season.

Unless things change between now and training camp, it looks like 5 D spots are locked in (EJ, Brewer, Jackman, Polak, & Colaiacovo) with a lot of competition for the last 2 spots. Going for those last spots will be two guys with a lot of AHL experience and a little NHL experience (Strachan & Oystrick), two talented rookie former 1st rounders (Pietrangelo & Cole) and a guy with a lot of KHL experience (Nikitin). I'll be pulling for Petro to stick in the NHL this time around but I wouldn't be too surprised if the Blues go with someone with a little more pro experience to start the season. It should be an interesting training camp.

Old
07-12-2010, 12:07 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOM View Post
Yeah, I don't think the Peoria GM knows for sure whether or not Pietrangelo and Cole will be playing the AHL. It won't be decided until training camp.
True enough, it's not like it's his call, but he'd be wrong not to plan ahead for them.

Old
07-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Stang

St_Louis_Blues

The Blues have re-signed prospect Nicholas Drazenovic to a two-way deal with the Rivermen. http://*******/arrgR7
3 minutes ago via web

The URL is here: http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...stl-twt-071310

Old
07-15-2010, 11:37 AM
ChicagoBlues

Strachan re-signed

Old
07-18-2010, 08:12 PM
execwrite

I missed this - sorry if it's already posted.

Barry Tallackson, LW (Augsburger, Germany)

Old
07-18-2010, 09:08 PM
execwrite

Any interest?

Former Rivermen right wing Jean-Guy Trudel, 34, is considering playing one more season, but is said to be reluctant to return to Europe. Trudel lives in Peoria, and would probably jump at an offer to play one last time for the Rivermen. He could also end up as coach of the junior team Peoria Mustangs.

Old
07-19-2010, 10:47 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Any interest?

Former Rivermen right wing Jean-Guy Trudel, 34, is considering playing one more season, but is said to be reluctant to return to Europe. Trudel lives in Peoria, and would probably jump at an offer to play one last time for the Rivermen. He could also end up as coach of the junior team Peoria Mustangs.
Definitely! Trudel is an excellent offensive hockey player. I think the fans really appreciated him when he was on the team.

Old
07-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Definitely! Trudel is an excellent offensive hockey player. I think the fans really appreciated him when he was on the team.
Yes, -with Pelletier and Tallackson leaving, The Rivs need another veteran scoring forward. Now, their main offensive talent is almost all rookie Blues' prospects, plus Drazenovic and Porter.

Old
07-19-2010, 07:58 PM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Yes, -with Pelletier and Tallackson leaving, The Rivs need another veteran scoring forward. Now, their main offensive talent is almost all rookie Blues' prospects, plus Drazenovic and Porter.
And Adam Cracknell.

And I think Hensick and D'Agostini will be in Peoria. They should produce goals.

Old
07-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
And Adam Cracknell.

And I think Hensick and D'Agostini will be in Peoria. They should produce goals.
I hope you turn out to be right about this. It will happen only if The Blues acquire one more regular scoring forward before the season (either by trade or UFA signing). Hensick will start in Peoria. Maybe one of King/Janssen.

I hope D'Agostini WON'T be in Peoria because The Blues choose to keep BOTH King and Janssen on their NHL roster!

Old
07-20-2010, 09:40 PM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I hope you turn out to be right about this. It will happen only if The Blues acquire one more regular scoring forward before the season (either by trade or UFA signing). Hensick will start in Peoria. Maybe one of King/Janssen.

I hope D'Agostini WON'T be in Peoria because The Blues choose to keep BOTH King and Janssen on their NHL roster!
When they re-signed Winchester, that made me think he's one of the starting forwards and King and Janssen will fight for the press box spot. (But I guess they keep both in there.)

My real fear is that Hensick and D'Agostini will quickly prove they are both excellent AHL players who just can't produce in the NHL. Good for the Rivermen, not so much for the Blues.

Old
07-20-2010, 11:45 PM
BlueBeard

D'Ags is on a one way contract so he'll be in the NHL even if it means the press box.

Old
07-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
D'Ags is on a one way contract so he'll be in the NHL even if it means the press box.
That, in my opinion, is a waste of a one-way contract.

I don't see D'Agostini bringing anything of value to this organization right now. I hope he proves me wrong in camp, but as it sits now, he's a useless roster spot.

Old
07-21-2010, 09:55 PM
schronote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
That, in my opinion, is a waste of a one-way contract.

I don't see D'Agostini bringing anything of value to this organization right now. I hope he proves me wrong in camp, but as it sits now, he's a useless roster spot.
He looks good in a suit . But I think he is great for depth if someone goes down and who knows, he could have taken his training to another level this summer to prove he has value. Camp will be interesting this year, like Backes said on 101espn.com, this camp is a clean slate and coach Payne gets to pick the team how he wants them to look. I can't wait. Peoria should be pretty solid this year to as long as both themselves and the big club stay healthy.

Old
07-22-2010, 12:00 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by schronote View Post
He looks good in a suit . But I think he is great for depth if someone goes down and who knows, he could have taken his training to another level this summer to prove he has value. Camp will be interesting this year, like Backes said on 101espn.com, this camp is a clean slate and coach Payne gets to pick the team how he wants them to look. I can't wait. Peoria should be pretty solid this year to as long as both themselves and the big club stay healthy.
I'm not so sure The Rivs will be all that good next season because they'll have lots of very young players with no or little pro experience. Cracknell has shown he can be a go-to guy and with his cannon shot I hope he stays healthy. I'll feel much better if GM McDonald can bring on two more scoring veterans. Trudel is a good start.

Old
07-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Can we expect any more free agent signings? My answer would be yes, but it will not be anything in St. Louis. Peoria needs some depth after seeing Justin Fletcher, Barry Tallackson, Jonas Junland, and Pascal Pelletier all inked contracts over seas. Leaving some pretty big holes on the Rivermen roster.
2010-11 Peoria Rivermen???

I'll have a more in depth look at the Rivs roster when the season closes in.

EDIT: This was thrown together rather quickly so it is rather sloppy I know, I'm rusty and I didn't have a ton of time, give me a break (Thanks CB for the heads up btw).

Last edited by Randall Ritchey: 07-27-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old
07-29-2010, 02:10 AM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

So after the addition of D-Rove, what does Peorias likely roster looking like right now?

(lines are mangled, but Im just guessing who is going to be on the roster)

Della Rovere-Drazenovic-Nigro
McRae-Hensick-Shattock
Porter-Sonne-Reaves
Peluso-Cracknell-Love?/Paddock?(neither are showing up on Capgeek, but played for Peoria last year)

Cole-Oystrick
Evans-Cundari
Fast-Nikitin/Strachan? (whoever isnt the 7th in STL)

Bishop
Allen

My guess is Hensick or Drazenovic will be in St. Louis (possibly Porter or Reaves also). Im also not sure Nikitin will want to go to Peoria if he doesnt make the STL roster, so it looks like we still need to add a couple skaters to fill out this roster.

But it is refreshing to see the majority of our forwards are now recently drafted by us and who may be able to contribute in the NHL in a couple of years.

Old
07-29-2010, 07:08 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle and Flow View Post
So after the addition of D-Rove, what does Peorias likely roster looking like right now?

(lines are mangled, but Im just guessing who is going to be on the roster)

Della Rovere-Drazenovic-Nigro
McRae-Hensick-Shattock
Porter-Sonne-Reaves
Peluso-Cracknell-Love?/Paddock?(neither are showing up on Capgeek, but played for Peoria last year)

Cole-Oystrick
Evans-Cundari
Fast-Nikitin/Strachan? (whoever isnt the 7th in STL)

Bishop
Allen

My guess is Hensick or Drazenovic will be in St. Louis (possibly Porter or Reaves also). Im also not sure Nikitin will want to go to Peoria if he doesnt make the STL roster, so it looks like we still need to add a couple skaters to fill out this roster.

But it is refreshing to see the majority of our forwards are now recently drafted by us and who may be able to contribute in the NHL in a couple of years.

Drazenovic- Hensick-XXX
Nigro-McRae-Cracknell
Della Rovere-Sonne-Shattock
Peluso-Porter-Reaves

Cole-Oystrick
Nikitin-Boyle
Evans-Cundari

Bishop
Allen

Still need one more scoring winger, but shaping up to be a very nice team(if a little on the young side).

Old
07-29-2010, 06:51 PM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
Drazenovic- Hensick-XXX
Nigro-McRae-Cracknell
Della Rovere-Sonne-Shattock
Peluso-Porter-Reaves

Cole-Oystrick
Nikitin-Boyle
Evans-Cundari

Bishop
Allen

Still need one more scoring winger, but shaping up to be a very nice team(if a little on the young side).
I would add D'Agostini and Pieterangelo.

(I know, I know, everyone says D'Agostini stays in St. Louis because of his contract).

Old
07-29-2010, 08:03 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
I would add D'Agostini and Pieterangelo.

(I know, I know, everyone says D'Agostini stays in St. Louis because of his contract).
...and for good reason. The Blues signed D'ags to a one-way contract because they project him for the STL lineup. D'ags would have to s--t the bed pretty bad to start the season in Peoria. At worst, he'll be a spare forward.

I doubt Petro starts the season in Peoria but if he does, then you need to subtract one of Oystrick, Nikitin or Cole from Peoria's roster as they'll be on the Blues roster in Petro's place.

Old
07-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Kritty

Sonne

Curious if Blues fans think Brett Sonne is a legitimate top 6 forward prospect or is he more likely a 3rd line C with some offensive upside.

Old
07-31-2010, 04:24 PM
schronote

To me Mcrae is our 3rd line center with offensive upside. Sonne looks to be our future Mcclement, can pot some points and is very responsible. Will be counted on for PK and shutdown duties.

Old
07-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Robb_K

I think Sonne has 3rd line capability as an upside. I think that McRae might have 2nd line capability as his maximum potential. The question is whether or not he'll reach it.

Old
07-31-2010, 07:10 PM
ChicagoBlues

To me Sonne will never make The NHL unless he figures out how to move his feet. He came along a little bit toward the end of the season, but if he does not take a big step next season, then he's going to be a career AHLer.

Right now he is NOT a legitimate top-6 forward prospect. No way.

Closed Thread