HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"All Things Peoria" thread...

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Travelling Blue

vCash: 500
Allen continues to do well!!! Rivermen 5-2 over Oklahoma last night.
It was a rather undisciplined affair for the most part. Nesbit left the
game early for some reason. Cundari, a healthy scratch due the
#'s game on defence. Up until about 2 weeks ago, he was
leading the Defence in points and had the better plus/minus. He
is one player i did not want to see out of the lineup when Cole and
Nikitin were returned. He was doing pretty well i thought.

Old
01-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Superscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling Blue View Post
Allen continues to do well!!! Rivermen 5-2 over Oklahoma last night.
It was a rather undisciplined affair for the most part. Nesbit left the
game early for some reason. Cundari, a healthy scratch due the
#'s game on defence. Up until about 2 weeks ago, he was
leading the Defence in points and had the better plus/minus. He
is one player i did not want to see out of the lineup when Cole and
Nikitin were returned. He was doing pretty well i thought.
With Peoria's record thus far, it's hard to question the coaching decisions, however, I have to agree that I just don't see how you can sit Cundari. Besides having the best +- by far, he has also produced nicely on the offensive side of the game, as well as playing about 25 lbs bigger than he really is. I don't get that one?

Old
01-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superscout View Post
With Peoria's record thus far, it's hard to question the coaching decisions, however, I have to agree that I just don't see how you can sit Cundari. Besides having the best +- by far, he has also produced nicely on the offensive side of the game, as well as playing about 25 lbs bigger than he really is. I don't get that one?
I'd assume he's just dinged up and being given a couple days off to rest up, since everyone is healthy.

Old
01-08-2011, 11:17 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superscout View Post
By my count, the Rivs currently have 7 d-men on their roster and all 7 of them deserve to be getting top 6 minutes at the AHL level so I would say that Cundari sitting is likely either a numbers game (one of the 7 has to sit out and they likely rotate which one it is) and/or like Stealth said, he could very well be a bit dinged up...or dinged up enough to where he becomes the obvious choice on which of the 7 to sit at least. Unless he spends multiple games as a scratch, I wouldn't worry about it.

Old
01-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Nikita Nikitin with three assists in the last two games over the OKC Barons now has 2 goals and 10 assists for 12 points in 14 games with the Rivermen.

Tell me he doesn't have a good offensive skill set.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Blues0307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Nikita Nikitin with three assists in the last two games over the OKC Barons now has 2 goals and 10 assists for 12 points in 14 games with the Rivermen.

Tell me he doesn't have a good offensive skill set.
He may very well, but he's slow. He needs to work on his skating and defensive positioning a lot in the offseason. When he was up with the Blues, he was exposed night after night.

Old
01-13-2011, 03:56 PM
stlweir

Have the Blues hit the jackpot with Allen? We were hoping Halak would be the man and maybe he will be but Allen is posting some "top notch" numbers.

Old
01-13-2011, 04:21 PM
mmitchell19

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Checking out the Riverman stats McRae leads the team with 11 goals with only one of them coming on the PP. I'm guessing he is not on the first unit. Cundari leads the team and all AHL rookies with a +14. Cracknell who didn't look out of place when brought up had only 4 goals in 29 games. Sonne - 1 goal & 1 assist in 25 games, Shattock 1 goal & 6 assists in 32 games. Peoria currently in first place in the West. Peoria leads the league in shut outs with 7.
Stellar goaltending, solid defense, balanced scoring, breaking the rookies in effectively...sounds like the franchise's strategic game plan landed about 3 hours north of where it was supposed to this season.

for the Blues... for the Rivs!

Old
01-14-2011, 05:41 PM
stlweir

I jinxed Allen. He gave up 7 goals his last game.

Old
01-16-2011, 11:43 AM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
I jinxed Allen. He gave up 7 goals his last game.
We're gonna blame the seven guys who shot the pucks and not you.

Old
01-29-2011, 10:21 AM
hardware73

Bored from all the hype on the NHL Allstar draft, I decide to log on to watch my Peoria boys in action. Bad choice on may part. Big Loss. By the end of the 2nd, Peoria down 5 nil and the live feed goes dead half way through the 3rd. Wonder if i can get a refund? For what i did see, the PP looks effective for Peoria but the PK needs a refresh. Also, I hate it when the energy line has chances to make plays and instead decide to turn and shoot or feather it blindly towards the net as the safety option. Wasted opportunities, thatís all.

Old
03-31-2011, 05:10 AM
The Grouch
Enraged

I just noticed Akim Aliu is on Peoria's roster. Why is that? I assume it is some type of loan situation, but I can't find any information on this. Does anyone have any answers?

Edit: Reassigned to Peoria(AHL) by Atlanta(NHL) from Gwinnett(ECHL)... I assume Chicago(AHL) didn't have any room for him on their roster, and Peoria offered to take him? Aliu was playing in the ECHL this season, has he really fallen that much as a prospect?

Last edited by The Grouch: 03-31-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Old
03-31-2011, 11:14 AM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grouch View Post
I just noticed Akim Aliu is on Peoria's roster. Why is that? I assume it is some type of loan situation, but I can't find any information on this. Does anyone have any answers?

Edit: Reassigned to Peoria(AHL) by Atlanta(NHL) from Gwinnett(ECHL)... I assume Chicago(AHL) didn't have any room for him on their roster, and Peoria offered to take him? Aliu was playing in the ECHL this season, has he really fallen that much as a prospect?
I believe there was some friction on his old team(that's why he was assigned to ECHL) and the Peoria were so short on players they took him on loan. I'm not much for the gossip behind those reasons so I don't know what the issue(s) were/are. I'm sure there's an article on it on PJ star.

Old
03-31-2011, 06:28 PM
execwrite

from pjstar.com

... and also signed college prospect Chase Polacek.

Polacek signed an AHL tryout contract for the remainder of this season and also was signed to a full one-way AHL contract for 2011-2012.

The 5-foot-8, 165-pound skilled center has 21 goals and 27 assists in 38 games with RPI.

Old
04-01-2011, 03:40 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Polacek is a good player. Carried RPI offensively for the past 2-3 seasons. Hoping he can show his stuff at the next level and get a NHL contract.

Old
04-02-2011, 05:59 AM
execwrite

April 2, a.m.

The Rivermen remained in fifth place in the West Division but in control of the No. 4 seed in the North Division playoff draw with five games remaining in the regular season. They are one point behind fourth-place Chicago with a game in hand.

Old
04-03-2011, 09:11 PM
schronote

Ben Bishop was injured partially through tonights game and Jake Allen had to come in and finish out the win. Does anyone know the extent of the injury? Any details would be appreciated.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:32 PM
The Russian Tank

I'll be at tomorrow nights game vs Chicago. Should be a really good game. Rivermen control there own fate. Win 2 more and theyre in.

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they win tomorrows game in regulation they are in. I forgot that if the 5th place team has more points than the other divisions 4th place team, they get in. Abottsford can only end up with 90 points, and that's what the Rivermen have now.

Last edited by The Russian Tank: 04-07-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old
04-08-2011, 09:45 PM
execwrite

Rivermen beat Chicago 5-2. They are in the playoffs.

Old
04-08-2011, 10:07 PM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Rivermen beat Chicago 5-2. They are in the playoffs.

Old
04-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Hell Yeah! Go Rivs!!!!

Old
04-09-2011, 04:39 PM
fcpremix88

Will McRae, Nikitin, etc. be sent down to bolster the playoff roster? Is someone like Sobotka eligible to be sent down without any repercussions?

Old
04-09-2011, 06:23 PM
tfriede2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpremix88 View Post
Will McRae, Nikitin, etc. be sent down to bolster the playoff roster? Is someone like Sobotka eligible to be sent down without any repercussions?
Nikitin and Sobotka can't be sent down (I think). I don't remember the exact details, but I know there was a stipulation about players who were on the Blues' roster on a certain date who now can no longer be sent down. Not so sure about McRae though.

Old
04-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriede2 View Post
Nikitin and Sobotka can't be sent down (I think). I don't remember the exact details, but I know there was a stipulation about players who were on the Blues' roster on a certain date who now can no longer be sent down. Not so sure about McRae though.
McRae was playing for Peoria fairly recently. So, I believe he and Cole can play for The Rivs. I'm sure that Sobotka can't. I think that Nikitin has been up too long (but not positive).

Old
04-10-2011, 12:57 AM
The Russian Tank

Nikitin, porter, McRae, and reaves can't play during the playoffs. I think that's it of the Rivermen guys

Closed Thread