HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"All Things Peoria" thread...

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Done, done, done and Filewich was signed by Salzburg on 6/12/09 and then by The Blues on 6/30/09. My working roster is over at The AHL board, but execwrite brought it over here, so now I have to edit two rosters.

I am confused about Filewich.
I'm thinking that the Blues signed him only to retain his NHL rights... I could be wrong, however.

Like Lemtyugov (whom I'm also hoping will be back, I'll believe he's playing in Peoria when I see him skate onto the Carver Arena ice in a Rivermen sweater...

P_B

Old
07-22-2009, 02:08 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I'm thinking that the Blues signed him only to retain his NHL rights... I could be wrong, however.

Like Lemtyugov (whom I'm also hoping will be back, I'll believe he's playing in Peoria when I see him skate onto the Carver Arena ice in a Rivermen sweater...

P_B
You may be right about Filewich, not really sure.

I hope Lemtyugov comes back and I'll hold my breath until then. But I still can't edit my list here. It's been edited at The AHL board.

Old
07-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Goaltenders
Ben Bishop
Hannu Toivenen
Chris Holt (not re-signed yet--RFA--may wind up in ECHL, but preferrably loaned to another AHL team)
Per TSN.ca Holt has been given a QO. I don't know if he's actually signed it yet or not, however...

P_B

Old
07-22-2009, 07:22 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Per TSN.ca Holt has been given a QO. I don't know if he's actually signed it yet or not, however...

P_B
However...what?

Anyway...thanx...I was aware of the QO, but forgot. Either way he remains unsigned and The Blues hold his rights until, I believe, January 1, 2010.

Old
07-22-2009, 08:58 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
However...what?

Anyway...thanx...I was aware of the QO, but forgot. Either way he remains unsigned and The Blues hold his rights until, I believe, January 1, 2010.
The "however" was supposed to modify the rest of the sentence: "I don't know if he's actually signed it yet or not;" not anything that was left out after the ellipsis.

Old
07-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Cheli

Capgeek reported on their Twitter on the 16th that they'd inputted most of the accepted qualifying offers (e.g. Latendresse for Montreal has a number up) but Holt still says RFA, and Capgeek seems to have pretty good sources, so I'm guessing he didn't accept.

Old
07-22-2009, 10:53 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
The "however" was supposed to modify the rest of the sentence: "I don't know if he's actually signed it yet or not;" not anything that was left out after the ellipsis.
Yeah, I know. I was being a jerk.

Old
07-23-2009, 08:56 PM
execwrite

Looks like Holt will be gone according to pjstar.com

NET RESULT: The Rivermen plan on having veteran ex-NHLer Hannu Toivonen and second-year prospect Ben Bishop as their goaltending tandem in 2009-10.

Toivonen left the Blues in free agency after the 2007-08 season and spent last year in Europe.

His presence pushes out Chris Holt, who played well in Peoria in limited time last season but might not be willing to accept such a role again.

Holt will likely be traded.

"We are open to giving Chris Holt a fresh start with someone," Blues director of pro scouting and Rivermen GM Kevin McDonald said. "He's earned that. We love his talent level. We also love the talent level we have in Bishop and Toivonen."

Old
07-24-2009, 02:05 PM
AkSportsLaw

Quote:

Having Peluso AND Reaves on the Rivs should be very interesting. This probably means that Eric Nielson is outta there, but I am not sure about specific contract situation. Anyone?
I believe Neilson signed with Hamilton earlier this month. Sad to see him out of the organization. Liked him when he was with the Aces, and thought he was a fair hockey player, considering his role. Not a heavyweight, but knew his job, stood up for his mates, never took a shift off, and good in the locker room and in the community. Wish him the best.

Old
07-24-2009, 05:17 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkSportsLaw View Post
I believe Neilson signed with Hamilton earlier this month. Sad to see him out of the organization. Liked him when he was with the Aces, and thought he was a fair hockey player, considering his role. Not a heavyweight, but knew his job, stood up for his mates, never took a shift off, and good in the locker room and in the community. Wish him the best.
Nielson was amazing in the Peoria community! He was a great teammate and will fit in nicely in Hamilton. Thanx for the update.

Old
07-25-2009, 09:11 AM
execwrite

Anyone have a link about the Blues signing Bryce Lampman?

I missed that one completely.

If it's true, I guess he goes on the Peoria roster as a top-four defenseman.

Old
07-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Chevy Cheveldae

Send a message via MSN to Chevy Cheveldae
Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Anyone have a link about the Blues signing Bryce Lampman?

I missed that one completely.

If it's true, I guess he goes on the Peoria roster as a top-four defenseman.
at least Capgeek has him signed for 1 year at $500,000
http://www.capgeek.com/players/displ...id=56802&pos=D

Old
07-26-2009, 07:16 AM
execwrite

What about adding Matt Foy and Tomas Kana as forwards to the Peoria roster?

Old
07-26-2009, 11:33 AM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
What about adding Matt Foy and Tomas Kana as forwards to the Peoria roster?
Foy left the team before the season even ended and the Blues didn't qualify him so I'd say it's safe to say he won't be returning. Kana has another year on his contract and even though I consider him a bust at this point, I haven't heard that he won't be returning so I would expect that he will be there...or perhaps Alaska if he gets demoted again.

Old
07-26-2009, 12:38 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
ChicagoBlues roster was here but now it is not since he asked me to remove it!
Add recent signee Bryce Lampman to the defensive list.

Also, why do you keep mentioning when Palushaj turns 20? It's not like he has the same age restrictions as players drafted out of the CHL.

Last edited by STL fan in IA: 07-26-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old
07-26-2009, 12:58 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Add recent signee Bryce Lampman to the defensive list.

Also, why do you keep mentioning when Palushaj turns 20? It's not like he has the same age restrictions as players drafted out of the CHL.
Like I said before, I can't find any official news of the Lampman signing, so he remains off until then.

It's not that I keep mentioning Palushaj's age, it is that I haven't removed that comment. As far as rules regarding age restrictions, I am admittedly ignorant. I do not keep up with the intricacies of the CBA or rules and regs and by-laws. If what you're saying is true, that players drafted out of college are not age-restricted, then I'll remove that comment.

Also, by quoting my entire "roster-post" you leave an inflexible roster for people to look at and be confused. I cannot edit the quoted roster in your post. So for clarity's sake, could you please take that out so onlookers don't get confused? That way I can edit the roster properly without confusion. Thanks Iowa.

Old
07-26-2009, 02:17 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Like I said before, I can't find any official news of the Lampman signing, so he remains off until then.

It's not that I keep mentioning Palushaj's age, it is that I haven't removed that comment. As far as rules regarding age restrictions, I am admittedly ignorant. I do not keep up with the intricacies of the CBA or rules and regs and by-laws. If what you're saying is true, that players drafted out of college are not age-restricted, then I'll remove that comment.

Also, by quoting my entire "roster-post" you leave an inflexible roster for people to look at and be confused. I cannot edit the quoted roster in your post. So for clarity's sake, could you please take that out so onlookers don't get confused? That way I can edit the roster properly without confusion. Thanks Iowa.
Sorry, I didn't even see your comment about Lampman. While the only place I've seen it "confirmed" is capgeek.com, in the short time that website has existed, it's really impressed me and seems legit. I would count him but you do what you want to do.

Regarding who can play in the AHL, the general age limit for the AHL is the same as the NHL - 18 yrs old. There is a provision though that players drafted out of the CHL (WHL, OHL, QMJHL) have to be 20 by the year the season starts in order to be sent to the AHL (or fulfill all 4 years of Jr eligibility before turning 20 but the only guy I can think of that fits that provision is John Tavares since he was let into the OHL a year early). That means that if a player was drafted out of one of the Canadian Major Jr leagues, they have to turn 20 sometime within 2009 to play in the AHL this season. It doesn't matter for someone like Palushaj since he was drafted out of the USHL but Pietrangelo for example doesn't turn 20 until 1/18/90. He missed the cut-off by 18 days. And even though Petro will be 20 for a good chunk of the season, if he's sent back to Niagra, he's sent back for the whole season, not just until the day he turns 20. Hopefully that clears up how it works!

Old
07-26-2009, 10:03 PM
execwrite

The Rivermen are going to struggle to score goals unless they sign a couple of AHL snipers.

Line combos?

Talbot--Stasny--Tallackson
Palushaj--Sonne--Cracknell
Porter--Paddock--Reaves
Kana--Drazenovic--Peluso

Old
07-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Chevy Cheveldae

Send a message via MSN to Chevy Cheveldae
Peoria signed enforcer Mitch Love on Monday, along with defenseman Adrian Veideman, to one-year AHL contracts in a free agency double-dip.

Love, who played for Houston last season and dropped the gloves against Peoria’s Curtis Fraser and Tyson Strachan, led the AHL with 34 fights.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x214112...ir-battlefield

Old
07-28-2009, 11:26 AM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Cheveldae View Post
Peoria signed enforcer Mitch Love on Monday, along with defenseman Adrian Veideman, to one-year AHL contracts in a free agency double-dip.

Love, who played for Houston last season and dropped the gloves against Peoria’s Curtis Fraser and Tyson Strachan, led the AHL with 34 fights.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x214112...ir-battlefield
Thanks for posting that.

The most interesting part I saw was at the bottom:
Quote:
RIVER READINGS: Congrats to former ECHL Rivermen captain Trevor Baker. He has been elected to the Rivermen Hall of Fame. ... Rivermen GM Kevin McDonald says the Blues will likely make a move with veteran Peoria goaltender Chris Holt within the next few days. Holt is not in the organization’s plans. “We will make him a free agent, so another AHL team can sign him,” McDonald said. “He played well for us, and he’s at the stage of his career where he deserves it.” ... Former Blues and Rivermen goaltender Manny Legace, 36, is still a free agent, and it seems likely his future will be in Europe. ... More video of Mitch Love in action, posted on the sports blog, Cleve's World, at pjstar.com.
It sounds like Holt is gone. That sucks but makes sense. He deserves a heck of a lot more than to be sent back to Alaska.

Old
07-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Quote:
The Rivermen are going to struggle to score goals unless they sign a couple of AHL snipers.

Line combos?

Talbot--Stasny--Tallackson
Palushaj--Sonne--Cracknell
Porter--Paddock--Reaves
Kana--Drazenovic--Peluso
I'd put Drazenovic above Paddock. Peluso seems like a more all around player than Reaves as well.

I don't think they'll struggle.

Talbot could pot around 20. Stastny is a beast in the AHL.
Palushaj and Sonne add some extra fire power.
Paddock, Drazenovic, and Porter should pot a few as well.

Then they have some decent puck moving defensemen in Wagner, Junland, Veideman, and Lampman. I don't think scoring goals should be to much a problem.

Now I think Bishop is going to lose his starting spot to Toivonen. Which I have no problems with. "Ears" is going to show up this year. I just have a feeling. He's going to force the Blues hands for next season. I expect this year, We have the Mason/Conklin duo.

Next year, Conklin/Toivonen.

I just have that feeling.

Old
07-28-2009, 10:59 PM
execwrite

Story about the Lampman signing.

He thinks he's got a shot at making the Blues out of camp.

Old
07-29-2009, 12:24 AM
STL fan in IA

There's also a story in the PJ Star about Lampman's signing but it also mentions that they signed goalie Sebastian Dahm to an AHL/ECHL deal. It sure didn't take them long to replace Holt!

Old
07-29-2009, 01:07 AM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

Is it true that Oct 3rd is frist Rivermen game?

Old
07-29-2009, 12:34 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisBluesFan View Post
Is it true that Oct 3rd is frist Rivermen game?
I'm not sure. What I do know is that the AHL season begins on October 2nd.

------------------------------

It's about time the Lampman has been announced by more than just capgeek, although I gotta give some props to capgeek for the scoop.

Also, I see know reason to put Dahm on the Peoria roster that I've got going and once the season is under way, I will stop updating that roster.

Closed Thread