HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Games (part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

vCash: 500

Old
12-24-2008, 07:48 AM
Eric Sachs

hahaha

Old
12-24-2008, 07:51 AM
MoonDragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
Meh there isn't too much strategizing involved in the main story, but I'm still early in the game. The side quests may involve some strategy and critical thinking. Hacking for example does require solving a puzzle. It's not completely necessary though, because there's multiple ways to do the same thing. If you don't want to hack, then steal the password, but just remember every action has a consequence. If you steal, you lose "karma", and the more karma you lose, the more evil you become.

Actually, now that I think about it, you do have to plan ahead and monitor your inventory closely. You'll encounter various settlements where you can purchase/trade goods, but when you're in the wasteland you should try to have enough ammo, stimpaks (HP boost), and other essentials. I rummage through abandoned buildings, mailboxes, lockers, etc to find stuff that I can either use or sell. It's necessary because the game doesn't give you much, you have to look out for yourself.
Actually don't worry about items. There are tons of items throughout the game. There really is no need to steal anything but it definitely helps if you have lockpicking skills because there are plenty of doors and locks you have to open along the way and most of them don't mess up your Karma (only the doors and the boxes that have red lettering give you bad karma). Same with items. You can actually go into someone's house and pick up all the items with the green lettering without losing Karma.

I'm pretty far into this game right now, following the story line. I already have the game's most powerful weapon that can take down anything in one shot, but the ammo is really limited for this weapon so most of the time I use the 2nd most powerful weapon which I have plenty of ammo for.

I also have more money than I need now, and really don't buy anything at the stores anymore but I still sell everything I pick up. Even with the strong back perk and alot of strength I still get overencumbered everytime I come back from a quest cause theres so much to pick up.

Also, there are alot of nice perks of having high Karma. If you disarm the bomb in Megaton, you get a free house, and if your karma gets high enough, people start giving you free stuff.

Old
12-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
Any Prince of Persia fans out there? I'm debating picking it up...
I hear it's pretty good. I think I'm going to pick it up after I'm done with Fallout 3. The only bad things I've heard about it is that it's easy, and you can never die because the broad you're with saves your ass all the time. I understand that it's fiction and everything, but come on, that last part is a stretch. It would have been different if you couldn't die because of your awesome manliness.

Old
12-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
Actually don't worry about items. There are tons of items throughout the game. There really is no need to steal anything but it definitely helps if you have lockpicking skills because there are plenty of doors and locks you have to open along the way and most of them don't mess up your Karma (only the doors and the boxes that have red lettering give you bad karma). Same with items. You can actually go into someone's house and pick up all the items with the green lettering without losing Karma.

I'm pretty far into this game right now, following the story line. I already have the game's most powerful weapon that can take down anything in one shot, but the ammo is really limited for this weapon so most of the time I use the 2nd most powerful weapon which I have plenty of ammo for.

I also have more money than I need now, and really don't buy anything at the stores anymore but I still sell everything I pick up. Even with the strong back perk and alot of strength I still get overencumbered everytime I come back from a quest cause theres so much to pick up.

Also, there are alot of nice perks of having high Karma. If you disarm the bomb in Megaton, you get a free house, and if your karma gets high enough, people start giving you free stuff.
Yea, I've basically done the same stuff so far. I got a house in Megaton too, and the only time I buy stuff from Craterside is when I have a bunch of extra crap and Moira is out of caps. So I just buy a **** load of ammo, and frags and then sell her a bunch of the crap I found to essentially get my money back. How far along are you? I just found three dog and then ended up doing the side mission for Lisa West. Damn, that took ****ing forever.

Old
12-24-2008, 08:02 AM
MoonDragn

Quote:
Yea, I've basically done the same stuff so far. I got a house in Megaton too, and the only time I buy stuff from Craterside is when I have a bunch of extra crap and Moira is out of caps. So I just buy a **** load of ammo, and frags and then sell her a bunch of the crap I found to essentially get my money back. How far along are you? I just found three dog and then ended up doing the side mission for Lisa West. Damn, that took ****ing forever.
I'm past project purity, past vault 106. Meeting 3 dog was a long long time ago.
I've also completed about 90% of all the side missions.

Old
12-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
I'm past project purity, past vault 106. Meeting 3 dog was a long long time ago.
I've also completed about 90% of all the side missions.
Jeez. Yea, I just started playing this Sunday. This game is so damn trippy though. I played for like 4 hours last night after the game and when I looked out my window I was surprised to not see the wastes outside. Haha.

Old
12-24-2008, 08:11 AM
MoonDragn

Quote:
Jeez. Yea, I just started playing this Sunday. This game is so damn trippy though. I played for like 4 hours last night after the game and when I looked out my window I was surprised to not see the wastes outside. Haha.
Well I stopped playing it for a while, but I must have spent over 100 hours in Fallout 3 already.

I took a break from it to play Mass Effect on the PC which I just finished, and I was playing Starwars Force Unleashed on the PS 3 for a while. But now I'm playing the sequel to Tarr Chronicles called Dark Horizon on the PC, its a space shooter. I'm also playing the new Naruto Ninja Storm game on the PS3.

Probably will go back to Fallout 3 to finish it soon.

Old
12-24-2008, 08:15 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

I need to finish up a few side quests in fallout 3 and then finish it up, all in all it was a excellent game. Hopefully they release new quests and remove the level cap.

Old
12-24-2008, 08:22 AM
MoonDragn

BTW if you like fallout type of game, definitely get Mass Effect. It is a first person shooter very similar to Halo but it is also an RPG made by the people who made knights of the old republic. The combination is superb and it is easily one of the best games I've played in a while.

Old
12-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Eric Sachs

Quote:
BTW if you like fallout type of game, definitely get Mass Effect. It is a first person shooter very similar to Halo but it is also an RPG made by the people who made knights of the old republic. The combination is superb and it is easily one of the best games I've played in a while.
except for the glitches and driving parts on the xbox 360. I'm sure its better on the PC so if you have one that can play it get it on that instead.

Old
12-24-2008, 08:26 AM
MoonDragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
except for the glitches and driving parts on the xbox 360. I'm sure its better on the PC so if you have one that can play it get it on that instead.
Yeah, get the PC version if you can. The mouse makes the targeting a lot easier than a controller. I didn't run into too many bugs in the game, it did crash once from some video thing, but after I patched it it worked fine.

You can also download a special mission for Mass effect, but you have to do that mission before the final planet.

Old
12-24-2008, 11:12 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Well thats odd ...................rangers traded away the queen in NHL 09 too the Hawks ............These trades in NHL are getting crazy now.

Old
12-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Foy

Quote:
When you start Mass Effect, be warned the first hour or so is very . . . very . . . slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

It's more boring than a traptastic NHL game.

Old
12-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Well thats odd ...................rangers traded away the queen in NHL 09 too the Hawks ............These trades in NHL are getting crazy now.
They traded him to Ottawa in mine.

Philadelphia trades Mike Richards to the Anaheim Ducks for Scott Niedermayer.

The Pittsburgh Penguins trade Sidney Crosby to the LA Kings for Derek Armstrong and a 1st round pick.

The Detroit Red Wings trade Nicklas Lidstrom to the Kings for Dustin Brown.

The Calgary Flames trade Miikaa Kiprusoff to the Kings for Alex Frolov.

The Kings are frugal traders.

Old
12-24-2008, 04:20 PM
fortheloveof666
Resident soothsayer

Quote:
Lmfao. I killed The Overseer too, but I didn't know the password for the computer was in the lockers in his office. Just so you know, once you visit a place and it gets added to your map, you can teleport there instantly. Megaton is useful because you can go to the Craterside Supply to sell the random crap you find.
I kinda knew what the password was before I even got there, but I found it either way. I tried to listen to you about leaving the vault but I got bored with reading and let like 3 or 4 things go and just booked it.

My one complaint so far is that I don't really like the hand to hand combat system. It's a ****ing mess. It reminds me of playing Monday Night Raw on Sega and you'd miss **** like 90% of the time. I snuffed the **** out of Butch quite a bit but I also missed a ton when I was trying to rough up his boys too. But I'm also an over-aggressive player (not that it isn't obvious or shouldn't come as a surprise), I'm trying to be smart and conserve ammo for when the time is right but once I pull out a biscuit I just wanna empty the clip(s) on mother ****ers.

I dunno if it's one of the few static moments of the game but when I killed the Overseer I decapitated that mother ****er. Then there is Amata or whatever standing over him looking at his headless body. It was epic. I thought about putting a bullet in her head too but then I figured my dude is gonna need to get some ***** too. Too bad the little scag wouldn't leave with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
some how i'm not surprised. I was so torn between blowing the bomb or letting it stay. In the end I disabled it. Then again watching the town go boom must be fun to watch too. haha.
I really wanna do it, I really do. But I might wait until later, if possible, so I can milk it for what it's worth. Plus I wanna get up the CAPS so I can solicit that hooker, I wanna know what happens when you pay her and get the room.

Old
12-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheloveof666 View Post
]
I really wanna do it, I really do. But I might wait until later, if possible, so I can milk it for what it's worth. Plus I wanna get up the CAPS so I can solicit that hooker, I wanna know what happens when you pay her and get the room.
Nothing. It's literally the equivalent of dropping 120 caps on the ground and walking away.

Old
12-24-2008, 06:25 PM
fortheloveof666
Resident soothsayer

Quote:
Nothing. It's literally the equivalent of dropping 120 caps on the ground and walking away.
laaaaaaame

Old
12-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Is Galactic Civilizations II a pretty good game? As a Mac user, I haven't played a good space strategy game since Master of Orion II, but I'm going to install Boot Camp in the next couple days and I figured it'd be my first purchase.

Old
12-24-2008, 08:00 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRQJp1bqj6w

Old
12-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Miss Nieds View Post
Ouch. I bit hard on that one.

Old
12-24-2008, 08:20 PM
fortheloveof666
Resident soothsayer

Now I'm getting frustrated with this game. I just got chipped up by two broads with bats and then one of those stupid ****ing moles got me despite shooting it like 8 times.

I did make some legit progress, I think the troop to that city to deliver the message was getting too ahead of myself.

Old
12-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Now I'm getting frustrated with this game. I just got chipped up by two broads with bats and then one of those stupid ****ing moles got me despite shooting it like 8 times.

I did make some legit progress, I think the troop to that city to deliver the message was getting too ahead of myself.
The moles ****ing piss me off. They're tougher to kill than the damn feral ghouls.

The side missions in this game are no joke. I delivered the letter after I did the GNR mission, so by then I was strapped with an assault rifle and flame thrower. Those Raiders couldn't do **** to me. But still, I thought it would be a simple drop the letter off, get some caps, and head back type mission. But nooo, you need to go find the damn kid who got lured into the vampire cult. Real pain in the ass, I was tempted to kill Lisa West when I got back.

Old
12-24-2008, 09:21 PM
fortheloveof666
Resident soothsayer

Quote:
The moles ****ing piss me off. They're tougher to kill than the damn feral ghouls.

The side missions in this game are no joke. I delivered the letter after I did the GNR mission, so by then I was strapped with an assault rifle and flame thrower. Those Raiders couldn't do **** to me. But still, I thought it would be a simple drop the letter off, get some caps, and head back type mission. But nooo, you need to go find the damn kid who got lured into the vampire cult. Real pain in the ass, I was tempted to kill Lisa West when I got back.
hahah. I kinda wanted to shoot the guy always talking **** in the bar. But I have a feeling he's going to be of some use maybe.

Old
12-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
hahah. I kinda wanted to shoot the guy always talking **** in the bar. But I have a feeling he's going to be of some use maybe.
Yea, the first time I played before I restarted the game, I shot some guy in Megaton who mouthed off to me. Dude, the whole town turned on me. I couldn't go anywhere without getting shot at.

You should go find the Alien Blaster gun. It's near this town called Minefield that's almost directly north of Megaton (slightly north east). That thing has helped me progress through the game so fast. You only get 100-something rounds, and they're impossible to buy anywhere since it's an alien gun, but that thing can vaporize a super mutant in one shot.

Closed Thread