HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/12/08: "Auld, Allen, & Bertuzzi...WHAT!?!?" Panthers @ Flames

View Poll Results: Tonights Winner:
PANTHERS 20 62.50%
flames 12 37.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2008, 03:48 PM
  #26
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
I'd like to see Vokoun come out and steal the job from Anderson tonight.
It's going to take more than one game for Vokoun to win it back. GR says Andy has already been tabbed to start in Vancouver.

Looks like Andy goes Sunday in Vancouver. Well, sounds like it. Andy said he was going to rest tomorrow, be ready to play if needed, "and get ready for Vancouver.''

So there you go.



http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...lorida--1.html

Georgia Panther is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 03:58 PM
  #27
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,679
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
It's going to take more than one game for Vokoun to win it back. GR says Andy has already been tabbed to start in Vancouver.

Looks like Andy goes Sunday in Vancouver. Well, sounds like it. Andy said he was going to rest tomorrow, be ready to play if needed, "and get ready for Vancouver.''

So there you go.



http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...lorida--1.html
Im sure he'll get it back soon enough

Egblad is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 04:07 PM
  #28
RoadDoggFL
Registered User
 
RoadDoggFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: Colombia
Posts: 4,804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Sad that a "fan" is hoping for a poor performance from a player on this team...

RoadDoggFL is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 04:10 PM
  #29
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Sad that a "fan" is hoping for a poor performance from a player on this team...
I'm hoping TiVo pitches a shutout tonight it just won't make a difference on who is the number one tender. At this stage, Vokoun can't win the job away from Andy, Andy is going to have to lose it to Vokoun just like TiVo lost it to him.

Georgia Panther is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 04:12 PM
  #30
CanadianPantherFan
Registered User
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,624
vCash: 500
Section 219, got tix last minute.

Lets go Panthers!!!

CanadianPantherFan is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 04:13 PM
  #31
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
I'm hoping TiVo pitches a shutout tonight it just won't make a difference on who is the number one tender. At this stage, Vokoun can't win the job away from Andy, Andy is going to have to lose it to Vokoun just like TiVo lost it to him.
i agree. andy might hit a little rough patch and if vokie's done well spelling him, he might get a few in a row. if that happens and he gets hot, he can take it back.

it's a good situation, provided the two are pushing one another and it isn't causing problems in the room. that doesn't seem to be the case.

zeroG is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 04:14 PM
  #32
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I think the best thing that could happen for this team is what happened last year -- Vokoun gets a spark lit under him and plays lights out. That would be awesome!

Rattrick is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 04:25 PM
  #33
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I think the best thing that could happen for this team is what happened last year -- Vokoun gets a spark lit under him and plays lights out. That would be awesome!
Who cares who the starting goalie is?? Vokoun seems to be a team player, and I haven't seen or heard anything that he is unhappy with his situation. We one of the best goaltending tandoms in the NHL,and no matter Andy or T-Vo, I think the last thing we have to worry about is goaltending. Yes T-Vo can give up some rebounds,and has let in soft goals, but he's also stood on his head like Andy has and saved many a games for the team. so I think as long as the team plays hard and a full 60 mins, it doesn't matter who's in net.

Pantherfan12 is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 04:27 PM
  #34
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Who cares who the starting goalie is?? Vokoun seems to be a team player, and I haven't seen or heard anything that he is unhappy with his situation. We one of the best goaltending tandoms in the NHL,and no matter Andy or T-Vo, I think the last thing we have to worry about is goaltending. Yes T-Vo can give up some rebounds,and has let in soft goals, but he's also stood on his head like Andy has and saved many a games for the team. so I think as long as the team plays hard and a full 60 mins, it doesn't matter who's in net.
I'm saying it would be good because the Vokoun we've seen this season hasn't been the Vokoun that has been able to "stand on his head" like we've seen in the past. If Vokoun gains the "starting job" then he has obviously returned to the form we know he's capable of.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 04:38 PM
  #35
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I'm saying it would be good because the Vokoun we've seen this season hasn't been the Vokoun that has been able to "stand on his head" like we've seen in the past. If Vokoun gains the "starting job" then he has obviously returned to the form we know he's capable of.
It would also mean that Anderson. and the team, has strung together a string of poor performances that enabled Vokoun to win his job back so that's what you're rooting for?

Georgia Panther is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 04:40 PM
  #36
bishop12
Ovyously
 
bishop12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,696
vCash: 500
Go Frolly!

bishop12 is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 05:00 PM
  #37
RoadDoggFL
Registered User
 
RoadDoggFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: Colombia
Posts: 4,804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Who cares who the starting goalie is?? Vokoun seems to be a team player, and I haven't seen or heard anything that he is unhappy with his situation. We one of the best goaltending tandoms in the NHL,and no matter Andy or T-Vo, I think the last thing we have to worry about is goaltending. Yes T-Vo can give up some rebounds,and has let in soft goals, but he's also stood on his head like Andy has and saved many a games for the team. so I think as long as the team plays hard and a full 60 mins, it doesn't matter who's in net.
I was just watching the Oilers feed being re-broadcast on the NHL network and they mentioned Andy getting the starting roll at $550k vs Tivo on the bench for ~$5.5 mil. They said that when asked if he talked to Vokoun about it, DeBoer said he's not much of a "feelings guy." Pretty much the opposite of the impression I'd gotten before, I find it hard to believe that DeBoer isn't communicating with Vokoun somehow in all this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
It would also mean that Anderson. and the team, has strung together a string of poor performances that enabled Vokoun to win his job back so that's what you're rooting for?
No, but when his play drops down enough to bring his stats down to earth, which you said is inevitable, it's nice to know that an All-Star will be there to hold the fort until Andy finds his game again.

RoadDoggFL is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 05:13 PM
  #38
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
It would also mean that Anderson. and the team, has strung together a string of poor performances that enabled Vokoun to win his job back so that's what you're rooting for?
No, lets say Vokoun comes in on a back-to-back after Anderson didn't have a shutout and Vokoun gets a shutout himself. If that happens, he starts the next game -- if he wins and plays well, he's in again and so on.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 06:20 PM
  #39
cycle_it
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 7,372
vCash: 500
i get to watch most panther games, but i missed last night's. see that frolik got an assist......should i take that to mean his play continues to improve and he played a solid game? or did they get lucky/

cycle_it is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 06:22 PM
  #40
RCGP
Go Panthers
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
Section 219, got tix last minute.

Lets go Panthers!!!
nice, i'm in 225

RCGP is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 06:41 PM
  #41
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,781
vCash: 500
I'm lovin Repik in the lineup... he and Matthias looked really good together.. wouldn't mind seeing a kid line, like what edmonton got going with last year, repik-matthias-frolik...

Blad Meaning Gud is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 06:54 PM
  #42
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
I'm hoping TiVo pitches a shutout tonight it just won't make a difference on who is the number one tender. At this stage, Vokoun can't win the job away from Andy, Andy is going to have to lose it to Vokoun just like TiVo lost it to him.
You were tiresome beforehand, but do you literally have to discuss this every time? Do you possess no other opinions on anything?

I'd watch this game, but my i leave for christmas break tomorrow and screw staying up for west coast games. Im not that dedicated ...

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 06:59 PM
  #43
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycle_it View Post
i get to watch most panther games, but i missed last night's. see that frolik got an assist......should i take that to mean his play continues to improve and he played a solid game? or did they get lucky/
he looks ok. none of the forwards had a great game, imo. his assist came when he feathered a nice chip-in which weiss gathered up and proceeded to slap in after a quick give-n-go with mccabe. it was a "little" thing, solid but nothing amazing.

zeroG is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 08:16 PM
  #44
Panthers/Leafs fan
 
Panthers/Leafs fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: Belgium
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
Worried about this one. Tired legs. And a big, ugly, mean Flames team. I really hope the Flamers take us totally for granted and come out really flat.

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 08:20 PM
  #45
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
Worried about this one. Tired legs. And a big, ugly, mean Flames team. I really hope the Flamers take us totally for granted and come out really flat.
they *aren't* tired because they didn't skate last night! i think they were trying to reserve something physical for the flames. i think they surprise us with a better effort than last night and hang tough, something like 3-2. short or long end of the stick? not sure.

zeroG is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 08:55 PM
  #46
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,053
vCash: 500
Anyone have a link where I can watch this online?

Montsy14 is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 08:57 PM
  #47
RoadDoggFL
Registered User
 
RoadDoggFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: Colombia
Posts: 4,804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
http://atdhe.net/live-tv-1400.html.

Still not broadcasting, though.

RoadDoggFL is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 08:58 PM
  #48
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
http://atdhe.net/live-tv-1400.html.

Still not broadcasting, though.
thanks buddy

Montsy14 is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 09:09 PM
  #49
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
handbanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 9,352
vCash: 500
The commentator just said the Nashville Predators will be playing Vokoun in this game.

handbanana is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 09:10 PM
  #50
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
http://atdhe.net/live-tv-1400.html.

Still not broadcasting, though.
is this link working for anyone else?

Montsy14 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.