HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/12/08: "Auld, Allen, & Bertuzzi...WHAT!?!?" Panthers @ Flames

View Poll Results: Tonights Winner:
PANTHERS 20 62.50%
flames 12 37.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Georgia Panther

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
I'd like to see Vokoun come out and steal the job from Anderson tonight.
It's going to take more than one game for Vokoun to win it back. GR says Andy has already been tabbed to start in Vancouver.

Looks like Andy goes Sunday in Vancouver. Well, sounds like it. Andy said he was going to rest tomorrow, be ready to play if needed, "and get ready for Vancouver.''

So there you go.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...lorida--1.html

Old
12-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
It's going to take more than one game for Vokoun to win it back. GR says Andy has already been tabbed to start in Vancouver.

Looks like Andy goes Sunday in Vancouver. Well, sounds like it. Andy said he was going to rest tomorrow, be ready to play if needed, "and get ready for Vancouver.''

So there you go.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...lorida--1.html
Im sure he'll get it back soon enough

Old
12-12-2008, 04:07 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Sad that a "fan" is hoping for a poor performance from a player on this team...

Old
12-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Sad that a "fan" is hoping for a poor performance from a player on this team...
I'm hoping TiVo pitches a shutout tonight it just won't make a difference on who is the number one tender. At this stage, Vokoun can't win the job away from Andy, Andy is going to have to lose it to Vokoun just like TiVo lost it to him.

Old
12-12-2008, 04:12 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Section 219, got tix last minute.

Lets go Panthers!!!

Old
12-12-2008, 04:13 PM
zeroG

Quote:
I'm hoping TiVo pitches a shutout tonight it just won't make a difference on who is the number one tender. At this stage, Vokoun can't win the job away from Andy, Andy is going to have to lose it to Vokoun just like TiVo lost it to him.
i agree. andy might hit a little rough patch and if vokie's done well spelling him, he might get a few in a row. if that happens and he gets hot, he can take it back.

it's a good situation, provided the two are pushing one another and it isn't causing problems in the room. that doesn't seem to be the case.

Old
12-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I think the best thing that could happen for this team is what happened last year -- Vokoun gets a spark lit under him and plays lights out. That would be awesome!

Old
12-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I think the best thing that could happen for this team is what happened last year -- Vokoun gets a spark lit under him and plays lights out. That would be awesome!
Who cares who the starting goalie is?? Vokoun seems to be a team player, and I haven't seen or heard anything that he is unhappy with his situation. We one of the best goaltending tandoms in the NHL,and no matter Andy or T-Vo, I think the last thing we have to worry about is goaltending. Yes T-Vo can give up some rebounds,and has let in soft goals, but he's also stood on his head like Andy has and saved many a games for the team. so I think as long as the team plays hard and a full 60 mins, it doesn't matter who's in net.

Old
12-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Who cares who the starting goalie is?? Vokoun seems to be a team player, and I haven't seen or heard anything that he is unhappy with his situation. We one of the best goaltending tandoms in the NHL,and no matter Andy or T-Vo, I think the last thing we have to worry about is goaltending. Yes T-Vo can give up some rebounds,and has let in soft goals, but he's also stood on his head like Andy has and saved many a games for the team. so I think as long as the team plays hard and a full 60 mins, it doesn't matter who's in net.
I'm saying it would be good because the Vokoun we've seen this season hasn't been the Vokoun that has been able to "stand on his head" like we've seen in the past. If Vokoun gains the "starting job" then he has obviously returned to the form we know he's capable of.

Old
12-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I'm saying it would be good because the Vokoun we've seen this season hasn't been the Vokoun that has been able to "stand on his head" like we've seen in the past. If Vokoun gains the "starting job" then he has obviously returned to the form we know he's capable of.
It would also mean that Anderson. and the team, has strung together a string of poor performances that enabled Vokoun to win his job back so that's what you're rooting for?

Old
12-12-2008, 04:40 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Go Frolly!

Old
12-12-2008, 05:00 PM
RoadDoggFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
I was just watching the Oilers feed being re-broadcast on the NHL network and they mentioned Andy getting the starting roll at $550k vs Tivo on the bench for ~$5.5 mil. They said that when asked if he talked to Vokoun about it, DeBoer said he's not much of a "feelings guy." Pretty much the opposite of the impression I'd gotten before, I find it hard to believe that DeBoer isn't communicating with Vokoun somehow in all this.
Quote:
It would also mean that Anderson. and the team, has strung together a string of poor performances that enabled Vokoun to win his job back so that's what you're rooting for?
No, but when his play drops down enough to bring his stats down to earth, which you said is inevitable, it's nice to know that an All-Star will be there to hold the fort until Andy finds his game again.

Old
12-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
No, lets say Vokoun comes in on a back-to-back after Anderson didn't have a shutout and Vokoun gets a shutout himself. If that happens, he starts the next game -- if he wins and plays well, he's in again and so on.

Old
12-12-2008, 06:20 PM
cycle_it

i get to watch most panther games, but i missed last night's. see that frolik got an assist......should i take that to mean his play continues to improve and he played a solid game? or did they get lucky/

Old
12-12-2008, 06:22 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
Section 219, got tix last minute.

Lets go Panthers!!!
nice, i'm in 225

Old
12-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

I'm lovin Repik in the lineup... he and Matthias looked really good together.. wouldn't mind seeing a kid line, like what edmonton got going with last year, repik-matthias-frolik...

Old
12-12-2008, 06:54 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
You were tiresome beforehand, but do you literally have to discuss this every time? Do you possess no other opinions on anything?

I'd watch this game, but my i leave for christmas break tomorrow and screw staying up for west coast games. Im not that dedicated ...

Old
12-12-2008, 06:59 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycle_it View Post
i get to watch most panther games, but i missed last night's. see that frolik got an assist......should i take that to mean his play continues to improve and he played a solid game? or did they get lucky/
he looks ok. none of the forwards had a great game, imo. his assist came when he feathered a nice chip-in which weiss gathered up and proceeded to slap in after a quick give-n-go with mccabe. it was a "little" thing, solid but nothing amazing.

Old
12-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Worried about this one. Tired legs. And a big, ugly, mean Flames team. I really hope the Flamers take us totally for granted and come out really flat.

Old
12-12-2008, 08:20 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
Worried about this one. Tired legs. And a big, ugly, mean Flames team. I really hope the Flamers take us totally for granted and come out really flat.
they *aren't* tired because they didn't skate last night! i think they were trying to reserve something physical for the flames. i think they surprise us with a better effort than last night and hang tough, something like 3-2. short or long end of the stick? not sure.

Old
12-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Montsy14

Anyone have a link where I can watch this online?

Old
12-12-2008, 08:57 PM
RoadDoggFL

http://atdhe.net/live-tv-1400.html.

Still not broadcasting, though.

Old
12-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Montsy14

Quote:

thanks buddy

Old
12-12-2008, 09:09 PM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The commentator just said the Nashville Predators will be playing Vokoun in this game.

Old
12-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Montsy14

Quote:

is this link working for anyone else?

Closed Thread