HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Change In Leadership Needed: From Renney Down

Old
02-07-2009, 05:14 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Because you have to be a fool to ever think Dolan is going to fire Sather...you have a better chance of Dolan dropping dead first.
We're not talking about what will happen in reality. In reality, Sather will continue to drag this squad further into the gutter unless he gets awful lucky in a draft. You would think that by now, just on probability, it would have happened by now, but that wily Sather is beating the odds!

You posed the idea that the team needs a change in leadership. Until you cut off the head you can't have a change in leadership.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 05:18 PM
chosen

Quote:
Take it a little further...look a little higher than Sather. It's DOLAN.
No. Dolan makes no decisions on personnel. That rests solely with Glen.

Dolan is responsible for keeping Glen but unless Glen sexually harasses some MSG employees, he's probably here until he dies. Perhaps longer.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
We're not talking about what will happen in reality. In reality, Sather will continue to drag this squad further into the gutter unless he gets awful lucky in a draft. You would think that by now, just on probability, it would have happened by now, but that wily Sather is beating the odds!

You posed the idea that the team needs a change in leadership. Until you cut off the head you can't have a change in leadership.
Oh you're right..but I think I have a reputation of just pushing the very obvious out there, whether it be a controversial topic or not...For the most part, my posts/topics spur much debate.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 05:22 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Because you have to be a fool to ever think Dolan is going to fire Sather...you have a better chance of Dolan dropping dead first.
And that is why this team is screwed for years to come. Sather is guaranteed to be here until he retires. Getting a new coach is possible but getting a new GM is beyond the realm of imagination.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 05:40 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Likewise, you have to be a fool to think this team would be significantly better under a different coach but keeping the same GM.

Your thread title states what is NEEDED, not what is likely to happen.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Likewise, you have to be a fool to think this team would be significantly better under a different coach but keeping the same GM.

Your thread title states what is NEEDED, not what is likely to happen.
Agreed. I guess that's why I used the word Needed...and I wasn't just focusing on Renney. I was focusing on the decided Player-leaders on this team as well. I know Sather isn't going anywhere.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote