HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Change In Leadership Needed: From Renney Down

Old
12-13-2008, 08:52 PM
TylerDurden

vCash: 500
drury looked good tonight

TylerDurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 08:56 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
drury looked good tonight
yea, in the SO.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 08:59 PM
czechmate25

Drury is the biggest waste of money in the NHL.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 09:05 PM
pzilla3

I wish he had two actual top six line mates.

pzilla3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 09:14 PM
eco's bones

Drury's line had 5 shots total tonight. Chris had 1, Callahan 3 and Dawes 1. Chris took a bad 4 minute penalty as well. He did hit the post off the rebound of his one shot. He made a great move on Ward in the shootout. All in all I would say that until the shootout goal it was not a particularly good game for him.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 09:17 PM
pzilla3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Drury's line had 5 shots total tonight. Chris had 1, Callahan 3 and Dawes 1. Chris took a bad 4 minute penalty as well. He did hit the post off the rebound of his one shot. He made a great move on Ward in the shootout. All in all I would say that until the shootout goal it was not a particularly good game for him.
wasn't really a bad penalty, bad to me would mean retaliation or a real bonehead play. His stick slipped and there was a questionable double minor.

Old
12-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzilla3 View Post
wasn't really a bad penalty, bad to me would mean retaliation or a real bonehead play. His stick slipped and there was a questionable double minor.
Drury stopped skating and went to lift the opposing player's stick and completely missed. His stick didn't "slip." Joe (or Dave) even repeated about five times that if Drury had just taken an extra step he would have been able to catch the other player's stick instead of catching his face.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 09:21 PM
TylerDurden

I find it amusing how many people want him gone compared to how many people wanted him as captain to start the year. Also find it amusing how many people love Mara when he has cost us the game at least a few times by taking stupid penalties fighting people who wouldn't fight him. There's a time and a place.

TylerDurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 09:23 PM
pzilla3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Drury stopped skating and went to lift the opposing player's stick and completely missed. His stick didn't "slip." Joe (or Dave) even repeated about five times that if Drury had just taken an extra step he would have been able to catch the other player's stick instead of catching his face.
Even if, it would still just be a missed play.

Old
12-13-2008, 09:24 PM
pzilla3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
I find it amusing how many people want him gone compared to how many people wanted him as captain to start the year. Also find it amusing how many people love Mara when he has cost us the game at least a few times by taking stupid penalties fighting people who wouldn't fight him. There's a time and a place.
Ironic right.

Old
12-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Even if, it would still just be a missed play.
If Zherdev or Gomez makes that play it gets attributed to laziness.
When Drury makes that play it's a "missed play."

Oh the wonders these "intangibles" can work!

Old
12-13-2008, 09:37 PM
pzilla3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
If Zherdev or Gomez makes that play it gets attributed to laziness.
When Drury makes that play it's a "missed play."

Oh the wonders these "intangibles" can work!
I never said that, Gomez or Zherdev make that same play and it's still just a misjudgment. They actually work on the ice, now if Dawes makes that play; you've got a debate.

Old
12-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
I never said that, Gomez or Zherdev make that same play and it's still just a misjudgment. They actually work on the ice, now if Dawes makes that play; you've got a debate.
Touche. Point taken and agreed upon.

Old
12-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Balej20*

Captain Clutch really put the team on his back tonight! Too bad the shootout is just a gimick and during the real game he was his same old self.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Balej20*

I'm calling for it right now, it is time to change the leadership. Captain Coward must go NOW, and Renney must step down. Games like this one have happened FAR too often this year. The inconsistent play has actually been consistent. Things need to change before it is too late for the season to be salvage. Drury and Renney must go.

The final straw for me as far as Drury is concerned occured in the third period, where Drury ducked for cover when Ovechkin tried to hit him. I felt embarrassed to be a Ranger fan at that moment. Seeing the Captain of my team cower in fear instead of standing up and being the leader of this team.

If you want to see an example of a REAL leader, look no further than Alex Ovechkin and his performance tonight. That's what leaders are made of.

Last edited by Balej20*: 12-23-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old
12-23-2008, 09:52 PM
OneMinuteShift

I agree, Drury is still a pretty good leader despite our losing record.

OneMinuteShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:57 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMinuteShift View Post
I agree, Drury is still a pretty good leader despite our losing record.
Our losing record?

We are second overall in the Eastern Conference.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Our losing record?

We are second overall in the Eastern Conference.
None of his post made sense. He's not a good leader and we don't have a losing record. Although if you take away the gimick wins and take away all the games we have in hand, we are far from 2nd in the Conference.

Old
12-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
None of his post made sense. He's not a good leader and we don't have a losing record. Although if you take away the gimick wins and take away all the games we have in hand, we are far from 2nd in the Conference.
Yep, no shootouts in the playoffs.

This team will finish 6th or 7th, and get thoroughly embarassed by a healthy Washington team or whoever the hell we play.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 10:02 PM
OneMinuteShift

Quote:
Sorry, can't do that.

A win is a win is a win is a win. W.

Sorry but we've gotten 5 points in the last 4 games, its not as bad as you make it out to be.

Are we playing great, absolutlely not. Are we done like dinner in December? Hardly.

Old
12-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMinuteShift View Post
Sorry, can't do that.

A win is a win is a win is a win. W.

Sorry but we've gotten 5 points in the last 4 games, its not as bad as you make it out to be.

Are we playing great, absolutlely not. Are we done like dinner in December? Hardly.
If things stay status quo, this team is more than done...they are over-cooked.

A win in this league is not always a win. The NHL has instituted an absolute gimick in order to lure in fake fans and create false parity. There are no shoot outs in the playoffs for a reason.

Are you going to sit there and tell me this team honestly deserved a point tonight? Are you going to sit there and tell me this team honestly deserved to WIN against LA? Are you going to sit there and actually tell me you are happy with this team? You're either not a true hockey fan and don't know what you're watching, or you haven't watched hockey long enough.

Old
12-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Blazephr

I'm getting sick of this ****!!!!!

Renney sux!!!! He has no clue whatsoever how to get the most out of his players. It all starts from the top & then starts to roll down the hill. Renney and staff need to be shown the exit. Someone with-in the organization needs to grow a pair. Renney clearly does not have the killer instinct. No accountability AT ALL.

For heaven’s sake…even Lindy Ruff benched Vanek for almost the entire third period the other night.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
I'm getting sick of this ****!!!!!

Renney sux!!!! He has no clue whatsoever how to get the most out of his players. It all starts from the top & then starts to roll down the hill. Renney and staff need to be shown the exit. Someone with-in the organization needs to grow a pair. Renney clearly does not have the killer instinct. No accountability AT ALL.

For heaven’s sake…even Lindy Ruff benched Vanek for almost the entire third period the other night.

Wait Renney puts his foot down with Prucha and sits him all the time. Not good enough for ya?

Old
12-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Balej20*

The bottom line is a change at the top must be made. And it starts with the "leaders", Drury and Renney.

Captain Coward and Coach No Guts must go.

Old
12-23-2008, 10:13 PM
OneMinuteShift

Quote:
If things stay status quo, this team is more than done...they are over-cooked.

A win in this league is not always a win. The NHL has instituted an absolute gimick in order to lure in fake fans and create false parity. There are no shoot outs in the playoffs for a reason.

Are you going to sit there and tell me this team honestly deserved a point tonight? Are you going to sit there and tell me this team honestly deserved to WIN against LA? Are you going to sit there and actually tell me you are happy with this team? You're either not a true hockey fan and don't know what you're watching, or you haven't watched hockey long enough.
No no and no ! (Btw, been watching hockey before you were born probably, but that doesn't make me an expert, just someone who seen way more awful Ranger teams than you, to give you some perspective).

But that's my point, we are still getting points. I love it ! Imagine if we start to put it all together, we might actually contend. This team hasn't played too bad against the top teams, maybe an addition by trade(sather has made a significant one every year has he not?) and who knows what April brings.

I never thought this team was a capable playoff team, maybe 8th. I'm ecstatic at the points so far. I dont expect the world and 5 straight Cups, maybe that's why i'm not jumping off the ship like certain posters