HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are the Rangers spooked by all the trade/Mats limbo?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-13-2008, 10:44 AM
  #1
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,511
vCash: 500
Are the Rangers spooked by all the trade/Mats limbo?

I'm thinking that the room is bracing itself for some good byes. Mats or no Mats some of these guys don't finish the season NY Rangers and besides Lundqvist and Staal I dont think anyone is safe.

Last night was ridiculously bad.

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:51 AM
  #2
BlueShirtsFan86
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Who can be traded though? The contracts are big on players that I'd say aren't doing well enough for a team to want them, and many of our cheaper players are going to be Free agents.

Zherdev is going to want a raise at the end of the season and he's one of our biggest players, and I'd put Naslund in a bright light too. Looking at our cap, we have alot of dead weight with big contracts and alot of cheap players who are going to want alittle more coin.

Anyone else worried about the cap situation and what I think are untradable heavy weights? As far as I'm concerned, we don't have any trade bait.

BlueShirtsFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:53 AM
  #3
TheZherdev
Registered User
 
TheZherdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
I'm thinking that the room is bracing itself for some good byes. Mats or no Mats some of these guys don't finish the season NY Rangers and besides Lundqvist and Staal I dont think anyone is safe.

Last night was ridiculously bad.
No way. Being spooked doesn't make you unmotivated for large chunks of a game. If these guys are scared about their job security, they would be playing their ***** off fighting to show they belong on the team. But then again in Tom Renney's world, playing hard doesn't fit the game plan. See: Petr Prucha.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:55 AM
  #4
RinkOnEStreet
Registered User
 
RinkOnEStreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirtsFan86 View Post
Who can be traded though? The contracts are big on players that I'd say aren't doing well enough for a team to want them, and many of our cheaper players are going to be Free agents.

Zherdev is going to want a raise at the end of the season and he's one of our biggest players, and I'd put Naslund in a bright light too. Looking at our cap, we have alot of dead weight with big contracts and alot of cheap players who are going to want alittle more coin.

Anyone else worried about the cap situation and what I think are untradable heavy weights? As far as I'm concerned, we don't have any trade bait.
I think we are underestimating Rozsival's value. I know he's been bad, real bad, however the guy will still have value on the trade market. Don't forget that there are guys like Jeff Finger out there making over 3M a year, so Rozie looks like a bargain at 5M. I think we are stuck with Redden but hopefully he can pull his head out of his arse and play some hockey, who knows though.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:55 AM
  #5
TheHotRock
Registered User
 
TheHotRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
old plan for 08-09= lose in the cup finals to detroit or san jose in 5 games or less

new plan for 08-09= get tavares



who's with me?

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 11:05 AM
  #6
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
old plan for 08-09= lose in the cup finals to detroit or san jose in 5 games or less

new plan for 08-09= get tavares



who's with me?
Unless they somehow are getting the Thrashers 1st Im not ready for that .... yet

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 11:06 AM
  #7
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,511
vCash: 500
The Rangers are chock full of talent.... talent that isnt gelling into a team... If Im a scout Im looking at the Rangers for a deal to upgrade my team

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 11:17 AM
  #8
BlueShirtsFan86
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkOnEStreet View Post
I think we are underestimating Rozsival's value. I know he's been bad, real bad, however the guy will still have value on the trade market. Don't forget that there are guys like Jeff Finger out there making over 3M a year, so Rozie looks like a bargain at 5M. I think we are stuck with Redden but hopefully he can pull his head out of his arse and play some hockey, who knows though.
I hope your right, but even if we get rid of just him, what are we going to do with signing new players with Gomez, Drury, and Redden having such huge long term contracts? These guys need to wake up, because they aren't worth anything, and I can't imagine a team wanting to restrict themselves with even one of those underserving contracts. They maybe in a slump, but I see mistakes that shouldn't happen on their part to even be considered for that money.

Then we have Zherdev, Dubinsky, Callahan, and Korpikoski with their contracts ending and probably want a raise. Dawes, Betts, Renney's Beloved Orr, Renney's Hated Prucha, and Mara also ending.

With Rozsival gone, Drury, Lundqvist, Gomez, and Redden account for 27,782,143 of the cap alone. I'd say 3 out of the four should be traded, but at the moment, they seem untradeable in my opinion.

Edit-
Quote:
The Rangers are chock full of talent.... talent that isnt gelling into a team... If Im a scout Im looking at the Rangers for a deal to upgrade my team
I hope your right, but it's the big guys I'm worried about. Thats alot to take on and to hope to work out. They don't seem like easy contracts to move.


Last edited by BlueShirtsFan86: 12-13-2008 at 11:20 AM. Reason: so I don't double post
BlueShirtsFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 11:27 AM
  #9
TheHotRock
Registered User
 
TheHotRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Unless they somehow are getting the Thrashers 1st Im not ready for that .... yet
i'm not sure i am either, but i feel like only an epic collapse of that nature would get mr sather to really bomb this team.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 11:42 AM
  #10
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,872
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
No chance the Mats stuff is affecting their play. The entire team is in a funk, and they have to battle out of it.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.