HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

prospect

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2004, 07:02 AM
phil76

vCash: 500
prospect

if BG is not done dealing
and maybe will gave up another prospect
for a big player
wich player would you give up?

on my side i will give up hossa
he was giving the chance several times to make the line up
but didnt take his chance so i would definitely gave him up?
how about you boys and girls??

Old
03-04-2004, 07:15 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Hainsey and Hossa, but I doubt it's what the other teams would ask for.

Old
03-04-2004, 11:46 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Hainsey and Hossa, but I doubt it's what the other teams would ask for.
I would trade Hossa, but not Hainsey. I think he's playing to great in Hamilton to let him go. I would hold on on him because he can be so great...good size and extraordinary skills. He only have attitude problem and he's still young.

Old
03-04-2004, 12:32 PM
RE-HABS

If any of those kids are part a trade I want them in the West, I would hate to see them comeback and haunt us in the East.

Old
03-04-2004, 02:00 PM
Traitor8

I heard Sergei Fedorov could be had...interesting...

Old
03-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
All I want is Dagenais out of there.

Old
03-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
I heard Sergei Fedorov could be had...interesting...
Sergei Federov can be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year if he chooses. There is a clause in his contract that allows him to walk away from the deal at years end.

Old
03-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Traitor8

Screw Fedorov then...he's too risky.

Let's go after a gritty winger...Cole or O'Neil ..Guerin or Arnott if avail..

Old
03-04-2004, 02:15 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy

It's truth! With Kovalev now in the lineup with can get rid of a 13 goals scorer, 6'5" player being +12 this season. Come on, Dagenais as an increadible shot and isn't afraid to go in front of the net. Dagenais will stay with Ribeiro.

Just replace Dagenais by Kilger in your sentence.

Old
03-04-2004, 02:20 PM
KingJarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
It's truth! With Kovalev now in the lineup with can get rid of a 13 goals scorer, 6'5" player being +12 this season. Come on, Dagenais as an increadible shot and isn't afraid to go in front of the net. Dagenais will stay with Ribeiro.

He does have a good shot, eh? I'm not saying trade the guy, I just think we'll need a tougher, more reliable winger than him come playoff time. He will be good to have around for depth, though.

Old
03-04-2004, 02:49 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:

Are you just looking at the profile/stats of Dagenais? Or you actually saw him play...

Dutchy

Old
03-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
Are you just looking at the profile/stats of Dagenais? Or you actually saw him play...

Dutchy
Thank you, bro.... For a minute there I thought I was the only one who wanted him out.

Old
03-04-2004, 03:01 PM
HF-Addict

I wonder if we could get something back by trading Dagenais...Maybe the others GM are only looking the profile/stats of Dagenais, if so, we could maybe fetch a nice return.

If we trade Dagenais, what would we get in return? a 3rd? a prospect? What is his value?

Old
03-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Bob In Kitchener

Quote:
I wonder if we could get something back by trading Dagenais...Maybe the others GM are only looking the profile/stats of Dagenais, if so, we could maybe fetch a nice return.

If we trade Dagenais, what would we get in return? a 3rd? a prospect? What is his value?
Not too much I'm afraid...he's a soft, one-dimensional, perimeter player...they are easy to come by...but he does have a great shot....I think he's Hamilton bound.

Old
03-04-2004, 04:43 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Damn straight!

Old
03-04-2004, 04:52 PM
jcpenny

Quote:

I cant believe that people still want Dagenais in the line up. The guy as a great shot, good. He isnt creating anything when he's on the ice, he's so slow and weak on the puck. The truth is that you don't go far with players like this. Wait till the speed picks up and the checking gets tighter in the playoffs, its gonna be even worse. Yesterday he was god awful, as he always is when he's not scoring, even Kilger or Hossa would have been more useful. I dont mean to be rude but if you would know your hockey you wouldnt make comments like this.

Old
03-04-2004, 06:04 PM
rib71

WHAT DID KILGER DO OUT THERE YESTERDAY? FALL A COUPLE OF TIMES WHEN he TRIED TO PULL A MICKY RIBS MOVE THROUGH HIS LEGS?

dags didnt play good, yesterday but he did have at least one good chance that i remember ,, and did cause a penalty on the other team

man i know the guy is not good to watch out there, but for a guy who gets almost no power play time or WHEN he does play, plays with rejects such as ward and bulis, or juneau ........ btw zed only has 7 more goals then dags

... plays on top line, pp line 1 , 20 more games, way more ice!!!!!! 7 more goals??? hmmm god forbid zednik take the abuse that dags has!!!

i think hes done a good job so far

Old
03-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Garnet

I cant believe that people still want Dagenais in the line up. The guy as a great shot, good. He isnt creating anything when he's on the ice, he's so slow and weak on the puck. The truth is that you don't go far with players like this. Wait till the speed picks up and the checking gets tighter in the playoffs, its gonna be even worse. Yesterday he was god awful, as he always is when he's not scoring, even Kilger or Hossa would have been more useful. I dont mean to be rude but if you would know your hockey you wouldnt make comments like this.

I disagree with these statements completely. Dagenais has played much better since being benched. Dagenais is just a target on this board because Zednik is completely useless if he's not scoring, and he didn't score in 14 games!! Have you posted anything about that? Yes he has speed but doesn't use it and he definitly isn't a much better passer than Dags. If Dags played as many games as Zednik Im sure Dags would have as many goals as Zednik and Dags is younger, bigger and cheaper. Dagenias is of a few big body presences the Habs have in front of the net. But you seem to forgot that Ribeiro is the set up guy on the line and Ryder and Dags are the finishers.

Comparing Zednik to Dagenais

Shooting Actrate(sp) Dags and a heavier shot too
Speed puck control Zednik
Finding open space =
Defence = Dags has a better +/- though +12. Zednik +8
Passing = Neither can pass well
Winning one on One battles Dags Neither are great but Zednik never wins the battles and at least Dags uses his size.
Leadership = Zednik has the "A" but not a good leader
Points per game Zednik Zednik is .567 Dags is .535
Zednik plays 3.30 mins more per game.
Zednik is on pace for 46 pts in a full season and Dags is 44pts. and is two years younger and play 400 less NHL games.

I not saying Dagenais is a god or anything but I think he's still improving and he still deserves the second line spot. Plus I feel Dags still has room for improvement where I feel Zednik has peaked!!

Old
03-04-2004, 06:16 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet
Comparing Zednik to Dagenais

I not saying Dagenais is a god or anything but I think he's still improving and he still deserves the second line spot. Plus I feel Dags still has room for improvement where I feel Zednik has peaked!!
wtf...u are comparing Dagenais to Zednik???

The MAIN difference between those two is that Zednik is a complete player, even if he didn't score, he keep creating scoring chances, he is damn good with the puck, he win 1 v 1 battle, so Zednik isn,t just waiting for the puck to shoot in the net. He actually does some work for his goals...

Wtf...*wake up*

Quote:
Shooting Actrate(sp) Dags and a heavier shot too
Speed puck control Zednik
Finding open space =
Defence = Dags has a better +/- though +12. Zednik +8
Passing = Neither can pass well
Winning one on One battles Dags Neither are great but Zednik never wins the battles and at least Dags uses his size.
Leadership = Zednik has the "A" but not a good leader
Points per game Zednik Zednik is .567 Dags is .535
Zednik plays 3.30 mins more per game.
Shooting: Dagenais faster, but I think Zednik shoot better(accurancy)...and quicker.(not sure on that one)
Speed: Zednik
Puck Control: Zednik
Passing: Zednik
1v1 battle: Zednik (20 times more than DAGS)
Finding open space?: Zednik
Grit, "Agressivité", Fighting for the puck: ZEDNIK
Leadership: ZEDNIK, he has a A but that means nothing?? huh sure

Quote:
Zednik is on pace for 46 pts in a full season and Dags is 44pts. and is two years younger and play 400 less NHL games.
Maybe there is a reason why Dagenais has played 400 less NHL games...

I would put Kovalev with Ryder and Ribeiro. Koivu and Zednik Pereault are doing fine lately...

Old
03-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Habsolument

Quote:

Shooting: Dagenais faster, but I think Zednik shoot better(accurancy)...and quicker.(not sure on that one)
Speed: Zednik
Puck Control: Zednik
Passing: Zednik
1v1 battle: Zednik (20 times more than DAGS)
Finding open space?: Zednik
Grit, "Agressivité", Fighting for the puck: ZEDNIK
Leadership: ZEDNIK, he has a A but that means nothing?? huh sure
This looks alot more like it. Dagenais has a great shot and a great reach that can be useful to steal the puck when he's not floating, but he's not much more than that. To compare him to Z his an insult to the later. At least Zednik is trying and has many scoring chances when he's on a cold streak. Get rid of Dagenais.

Closed Thread