HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good Luck Leetch

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2004, 07:41 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Good Luck Leetch

I have become a Leafs fan for as long as Leetch is there.

Still a Rangers first and foremost, but I will be rooting for the Leafs to win it all while Brian wears that jersey.

Thank you for being the type of player/person that all players should strive to be like and thank you for being a Ranger.

Watching you every year was an honor and you will be missed.

Old
03-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Edge

I feel like someone just died........

Old
03-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Mark Pavelich

Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
This is heartbreaking for me as well. My favorite Ranger and imo the best. I do not know if I can root for the leafs though.

Old
03-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Trendsetter

Send a message via MSN to Trendsetter
the king is gone
long live the king

Old
03-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Lobstertainment
Oh no, my brains.

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Don't worry guys Leetch may be on the Leafs now but he is Forever a Ranger, I promiss we'll take good care of him.

Good Luck to Maxim and Jarko in the Rangers Organization I look foreward to seeing them in the Future.

Best of Luck through this trying time Rangers fans it musn't be easy to see all your favorite players getting traded.

Old
03-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Jackson Ranger

Brian, you scored the first goal in Game 7 against the Canucks which allowed a lot of us to breath for the first time that night. You were a GREAT Ranger and you are definitely a once in a lifetime type player who is not only going to Toronto now but you'll be there forever when your career is over because you'll be in the HOF.

Besides being a great player for my favorite team, you're also a class act. I was there in February when Richter's number was raised to the rafters and I'll be there when they retire #2, the BEST Ranger defenseman ever!!!

Old
03-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Dorthmall

Send a message via AIM to Dorthmall
Now I have to root for Toronto in the playoffs.

We miss you Leetch!!

Old
03-03-2004, 10:10 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
My all time favorite player is gone. Leetch will always be a Ranger and I for one find that a very comforting thought.

03-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
My all time favorite player is gone. Leetch will always be a Ranger and I for one find that a very comforting thought.

I feel the same way, but am feeling quite ill at the moment.......

Old
03-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Terryble

Of all the players we've discussed moving, he was the only one deep down I didn't want to let go of....he's been a Blueshirt almost 1/2 my life. This will be tough to swallow.

Let Brian hoist Lord Stanley's Cup above his head one final time before he retires.

Old
03-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Laches

If the season ended today, Toronto and Montreal would play each other in the first round. Who would have thought back in October that Leetch and Kovy would be facing off in the first round playing on different Canadian teams?

Old
03-04-2004, 12:17 AM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Me too.

I still can't believe he's not here anymore. He was the only hockey player, the only athlete, I knew of growing up because my cousin grew up with him in CT. When I became a hockey fan for some reason I just took to him, he was my favorite Ranger. So classy, so unselfish, so LOYAL. I feel lost right now.

I hate the fact that I have to root for the Leafs, but if Brian has a chance to win another cup I'll root for them.

Thank you for everthing, Brian. I hope you can come back after next year, I would hate to see you retire as anything but a Ranger.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:14 AM
NewYorkStranger

Go win it all Brian

You are the best player in team history. You deserve so much more than what this joke of an organization can offer you. Go hoist the cup again Brian, you are a champion.

Old
03-04-2004, 02:11 AM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
I feel very good for Leetch, he has a chance once again to show his excellent playoff ability, and finally another market gets to see what we have all been ranting about for years. The last 7 years of no playoffs have really diminished Leetch's image to the eyes of many hockey fans who do not watch him play a lot. Hopefully being in Toronto will show all those people what a talent this guy is. Trading Leetch no doubt is a sad, hard to swallow thing, but it had to be done. I was all for trading Leetch as much as I loved him. But now that he is gone, besides sadness, the only other emotion I feel is anger. Not anger that Leetch was traded, but anger because of why he was traded. Sather, this ******* is the one who put this team in the situation in which they had to deal. This *******, somehow still has a job, and if you love the Rangers you should be downright ANGRY! I am ****ing pissed that our greatest player is gone and the biggest ******** in all of hockey still has a job, making tons of money. How many ****ing lives does this guy have?

Old
03-04-2004, 02:16 AM
Edge

What's with all the *** **** cursing?

I HATE ****ing cursing, it really ****ing ****** me off!!!!

Seriously though, you are right. That is one reason why the deal is a mixed emotion for me right now.

Honestly, it still hasn't sank in.

Old
03-04-2004, 02:47 PM
BlueBlood17

To all you Ranger fans, a big round of applause.

You are a very classy bunch, and we are glad to have your support for the playoffs. Hopefully Brian can keep up his stellar play that he has exhibited over his career. Maybe being in the playoffs for the frist time in such a while will be like a drink from the fountain of youth for him and we will see something really magical of him.

Rest assured Ranger faithful, Mr. Leetch will be welcomed with wide open arms in Toronto and we will take care of your living legend. We went through the same thing with the trading of Wendel Clark, and gladly accept your support for as long as Leetch is in the blue and white.

You are all welcome to visit Toronto to celebrate Leetch's induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame when he finally decides to hang them up. Hopefully he will have one more championship on his illustrious resume before that day comes.

Good luck to Maxim, Jarkko, and the entire Rangers organization in their rebuilding process.

GO LEAFS GO

Old
03-04-2004, 04:32 PM
BlueBlood17

We are pleased to announce that our enforcer Wade Belak (aka as Clod Belak by some on the Leafs board), has given up his #2 jersey to Brian Leetch, and Wade will now take #3.

It was obviously a no-brainer decision by Belak, but then again, Belak is a no-brainer himself.

Good work Wade. Welcome Brian once again.

Closed Thread