HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Vs. Blues, March 4 8pm Eastern, GDT: Nedved Era Begins

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
So what happens when York and Isbister come back, hopefully in the next couple of weeks?

As of today, here are the lines:

Torres Nedved Dvo
Moreau Oates Hemsky
Smyth Horcoff Pisani
Chimera Stoll BG

Add them in, perhaps we get:

York Nedved Dvorak
Torres Oates Hemsky
Smyth Horcoff Pisani
Isbister Stoll Laraque

Chimera, Semenov, Ferguson, Bishai in the pressbox...and where does Moreau fit in? He has to play somewhere, but who comes out? Isbister or Pisani?

Nice problem to have, but still a problem.
That's why you'd have to think Lowe isn't done yet. We're carrying too many guys on the roster when everyone gets healthy, so does Lowe make a deal? Or does he try and pass a few guys (Ferguson? Chimera? Pisani?) through waivers? What about when Reasoner gets back, if at all this year?

Should be an interesting couple of days

Old
03-04-2004, 02:32 PM
Obsessed

Moreau is signed for the next 3 years so it wont be him who has the problem..

Deadline day is coming... Oates and Nedved likely wont be back next year. York moves to center.

Old
03-04-2004, 02:44 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno
That's why you'd have to think Lowe isn't done yet. We're carrying too many guys on the roster when everyone gets healthy, so does Lowe make a deal? Or does he try and pass a few guys (Ferguson? Chimera? Pisani?) through waivers? What about when Reasoner gets back, if at all this year?

Maybe guys aren't getting healthy...

Injury reports have been rather vague, and a week ago York was 10 days away, and I read somewhere on here yesterday that York is 10-14 days away now.

Obviously around this time you don't want to tip off things like this so you keep it on the DL.

Just a possibility.

Old
03-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno

For me, I'm not even thinking about Reasoner at this point. Right now I'm wondering if his career itself is in jeopardy, never mind getting back this year. Knee injures don't always heal 100%, and he really messed his up and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be healing all that well. I'll worry about him next year, assuming we ever see him again.

Old
03-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
Moreau is signed for the next 3 years so it wont be him who has the problem..

Deadline day is coming... Oates and Nedved likely wont be back next year. York moves to center.
I can definately see the Oilers trying to sign Nedved for less money, say 3 Million/year in a 3-year deal. Here's hoping the team has success and we can have a good center for a few years until Pouliot, Niinimaki and Brodziak are ready for the show.

As for the game, MUST WIN!!!!! LET THE CLICHES BEGIN!!!!!

Old
03-04-2004, 02:55 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Just win, baby!
I'm anxious to see how Nedved does and if he can click with Raffi and D-Vo
As of today, the following Oiler players have ties to New York:

Eric Brewer
Cory Cross
Radek Dvorak
Jussi Markkanen
Petr Nedved
Tommy Salo
Raffi Torres
Igor Ulanov
Brad Isbister
Mike York

That's 10 out of 27 players on the roster. Hopefully the Rag's futility won't rub off on this team!

As for my prediction...Juicy started his Oiler career with a shutout, and I predict he will do the same the second time around.

3-0 Oilers (Smyth, Dvorak, Brewer) Nedved with an assist on D-Vo's goal.

Old
03-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Cawz

Quote:
So what happens when York and Isbister come back, hopefully in the next couple of weeks?
I assume York would be playing with a cast, Isbister will be slow due to a wonky ankle and Reasoner has seen so little action this year that he's likely done till next year or whenever.

Even if any of these 3 come back, theres no way they can jump in and be a factor during the stretch run. Not unless they are 100% and can take a slash to the injured area without going out again.

Fortunatly, we've been playing well without them, so mabye they are being kept out until they are actually healed. Nedved is a solid pickup, because we have to assume no-one will be off the IR in time to really help us.

We've been teased with this for about a month now. If we make the playoffs, I'm wearing my jersey every day till it's over.

Old
03-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Mr Sakich

Lowe can keep guys on the IR list until after the deadline then rosters can be as big as you want. If Lowe decided to, he could 50 guys on the roster after the trade deadline date.

Old
03-04-2004, 03:34 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
For me, I'm not even thinking about Reasoner at this point. Right now I'm wondering if his career itself is in jeopardy, never mind getting back this year. Knee injures don't always heal 100%, and he really messed his up and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be healing all that well. I'll worry about him next year, assuming we ever see him again.
wow, what a downer

Old
03-04-2004, 03:44 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative giant
wow, what a downer
Even more sad when ya think of how this guy's year woulda went. He was ready to bust out and woulda got tons of ice-time too.

Last edited by Lowetide: 03-04-2004 at 04:09 PM.
Old
03-04-2004, 04:15 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
Lowe can keep guys on the IR list until after the deadline then rosters can be as big as you want. If Lowe decided to, he could 50 guys on the roster after the trade deadline date.
Are you talking to me?
I meant that by the time any of our injured players come back, it will be too late, so I'm glad Nedved was grabbed. We have to assume we are making our playoff puch without those 3.

I dont want York playing for us with a cast and I dont want Izzy to play 3 minutes again and re-injuring himself. If we can sneak into the postseason with our current lineup and have York, Izzy and Reasoner back in another month, actually healed 100%, we will be a very strong team. That’s a really big IF though.

So this is the Biggest Game of the Season for how many games in a row now?

Old
03-04-2004, 04:36 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Even more sad when ya think of how this guy's year woulda went. He was ready to bust out and woulda got tons of ice-time too.
Yep, it shows some good things about the character of this young team to have lost a guy who probably would have been one of their top three players (He was top two with York before he was hurt) and still be this close. I hope Marty recovers too - he's one of my favorites!!

ANYWAYS - there is to much that is positive to dwell on the negative!!! Nedved will wake up in his first game away from Hockey's graveyard!!!

Old
03-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Cerebral

A must win game tonight.. I will be absolutely ecstatic if Nedved manages to pot one!!

Old
03-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle
A girlfriend that's a Vancouver fan.. that's my trouble.
Big mistake man. An Oiler fan has to be a prerequisite.

Old
03-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Matts

My GF was a Wings fan

and her father is a hardcore Wings fan. But she has just about changed over all the way.

And the Oilers have won't in Stl in over 5 years so a visit there always worries me

Old
03-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
Oh, I thought that that rule only came in for the playoffs and pre-season, but that makes sense.

Well, than it's not that big of a problem then, when the injured guys come back.

Old
03-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

5-2 Oilers!

Old
03-04-2004, 05:55 PM
OYLer

Is that era or error?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohologo
Well, I'm still not convinced the Oilers will make the dance, but I bet they will entertain us on their way. It would be nice to hurt the Blues' chances, those Weight stealin' varmits! Let's see what Nedved & Dvorak can do together with Torres. The New York line?
Given how Lowe's trade for Dopita worked out and what with Adam proving to be older and less violent then Quaker Oates, let's hope that Nedved, the new Oilers' rental player shows up with new attitude and a real heart that is ready to pump and even bleed some Copper & Blue blood.

That being said having a 6' 3" skilled center skating down the middle could be a very good thing!

5 - 2 Oilers

Old
03-04-2004, 06:09 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

3-2 Oilers.

Nedved assists Adam Oates, of all people, on the game winner.

Hemsky gets an assist, and Ryan Smyth scores two.

Old
03-04-2004, 06:21 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Bear
Ah, I'm set there. She grew up a Leaf fan (it's hard not to in Ontario); but I have since converted her....
It took me less than 1 year ('79/'80) to convert my (now) husband from a NFL nut, into a card carrying Oilers fanatic.
Quote:
...she doesn't watch with me because it's too much of a pain in the butt for her to come over to my place (where the NHL Network is); she has a puppy to take care of at home (the one usually pictured in my avatar)...
btw - How is Harley doing?
Quote:
...On weekends, when she's not as busy, we do watch the Oiler games together; usually very drunk with a group of friends...
That explains some of your post-game comments.

Get the 'W' boys.

Old
03-04-2004, 07:10 PM
oilersboy

5-1
Oilers-Nedved, Smyth(2), Horcoff, Dvorak
-Demitra

Old
03-04-2004, 07:14 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
This is perhaps the most excited I've been for an Oilers game this year. It's up there with any other game this year for how excited I am to see a new face. More so then after any trade because usualy we aren't getting something - or supposedly not- of equal value for the present.

Old
03-04-2004, 07:51 PM
oilerman250

just get the win baby!!!!!

4-1 Oilers!
Dvorak, Smyth(2), Nedved!
-Weight

Old
03-04-2004, 08:07 PM
dem

Dont get too excited guys... We've all seen how the Oilers play in must win games

Old
03-04-2004, 08:11 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
It took me less than 1 year ('79/'80) to convert my (now) husband from a NFL nut, into a card carrying Oilers fanatic.
Well, you had the begining of the glory days to convince him (a large advantage over the team we have today). Either way, I still claim victory overy any guy because my girlfriend not only loves the sport, she plays it; infact, that's how we met.
Quote:
btw - How is Harley doing?
He is an absolute moster now. He's going on 9 months old and is a whopping 75 pounds already .
Quote:
That explains some of your post-game comments.
I don't know what you are talking about (maybe that's a sign ).

Let's go Oilers.

Closed Thread