HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Vs. Blues, March 4 8pm Eastern, GDT: Nedved Era Begins

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2004, 09:54 PM
oilerman250

vCash: 500
good game tonight, both the goalies were awesome! nedved had a helluva game...sure wish we got the 2 points though..hope to hell minn wins tonight! next up is chicago and calgary..must win games to say the least! GO OILERS!

Old
03-04-2004, 10:10 PM
creative giant*

i hope the Kings don't win tonight, or else this tie will feel like a loss.

Old
03-04-2004, 10:11 PM
momentai

Really? Nedved with a heck of a game? I don't know. I didn't see it... Maybe he was very tired after getting in so early... but he looked "lazy" to me. He kept using the stick to cover guys instead of taking the extra step to get on an even level.

Ulanov had a bad bad game... Two brutal giveaways in his own zone.. chipped the puck into the slot which ultimately let to the St. Louis goal..

Jussi was astounding. Without him, we lose... no question. St. Louis had an unbelievable amount of good scoring chances. Even if Jussi didn't have any idea where the shots were coming from, they still hit him. You got to be lucky to be good and good to be lucky I suppose.

Why did MacT stick to 3 lines by the end of the game? Chimera was playing pretty well from my point of view.. Good along the boards and he and Stoll created a couple of chances cycling the puck. I thought BG did nothing the entire game except create two icings.

I'll take the point I suppose... but we need wins if we want the playoffs.

Old
03-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Mr Sakich

brilliant observation about the immediate return on the trade. The score now stands at: Lowe 1 point, Mizral's asset mngt theory - nothing.

BTW, I was flipping back and forth between the game and "Straight Plan for the Gay Man". That was one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. I highly reccomend it. I have never seen the "other" show but I am going to tune in just to give me a reference point.

Old
03-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by York16
What a great game-saving block by Nedved in OT.
I thought only Kelly was reckless/stupid enough to block an nhl calibre, served-up-on-a-platter slapshot like that in such an akward position, I never thought that Petr had it in him. He was lucky to not be knocked into next week and he probably took away a point from the Blues in the process. Kudos

Old
03-04-2004, 10:27 PM
SerbianEagle

Quote:
Really? Nedved with a heck of a game? I don't know. I didn't see it... Maybe he was very tired after getting in so early... but he looked "lazy" to me. He kept using the stick to cover guys instead of taking the extra step to get on an even level.
I really don't know what game you watched, as he was awesome on a line with Dvo and Torres. He made the Oilers goal with his one-timer.

Old
03-04-2004, 10:29 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbianEagle
I really don't know what game you watched, as he was awesome on a line with Dvo and Torres. He made the Oilers goal with his one-timer.
Really? I guess I didn't watch it then. Nope. Didn't watch when Torres got creamed by Pronger behind the net. Didn't watch when Dvorak dug the puck out from the scrum and Torres fed a beauty pass to Nedved in front. Didn't watch when Dvorak made another awesome pass to set up Torres for the goal.

Nope. I don't know what game I watched either.

EDIT: And I think the majority for the goal goes to Torres and Dvorak for their work down low rather than heaping the majority of praise for a one-timer by Nedved.

Old
03-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Matts

I liked what I saw from Nedved

for the most part.

the way he blocked that weight pass was gold and the fearlessness he showed in blocking the Pronger shot reeked of heart and desperation

on the other hand he looked a bit behind on some of the other players.

he has to get used to the way the tema plays

Old
03-04-2004, 10:47 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
for the most part.

the way he blocked that weight pass was gold and the fearlessness he showed in blocking the Pronger shot reeked of heart and desperation

on the other hand he looked a bit behind on some of the other players.
I loved the blocked shot/pass. That was dynamite and we certainly needed it.

But I think Nedved could have been called for about 5 obstruction hooking penalties in this game. Luckily nothing was called. Let's hope it was what I said.... fatigue.

Old
03-04-2004, 10:50 PM
Rooks Oilers

I'm just glad they got a point in St Louis, would have liked two but can't have everything I guess!

Old
03-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooks Oilers
I'm just glad they got a point in St Louis, would have liked two but can't have everything I guess!
Minnesota scores to tie LA with 2 minutes to go.

Old
03-05-2004, 12:01 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
Minnesota scores to tie LA with 2 minutes to go.
Looks like the lost point tonight isn't going to hurt as much as it could.. most people expected LA to beat Minny so we're basically still on a decent pace to catch the Kings if we keep playing like we did tonight in St. Louis!

Old
03-05-2004, 12:06 AM
mrush

why didnt hemsky or oates play in the 3rd?

Old
03-05-2004, 12:19 AM
ToothlessAggression

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrush
why didnt hemsky or oates play in the 3rd?
Also, did Ulanov get benched? I didn't think I saw him after that second giveaway. He is my favorite Oiler, but he could very easily have cost us that game. He should be sat in favor of Semenov on Sunday, he needs a wakeup call.

Old
03-05-2004, 12:25 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergize
Also, did Ulanov get benched? I didn't think I saw him after that second giveaway. He is my favorite Oiler, but he could very easily have cost us that game. He should be sat in favor of Semenov on Sunday, he needs a wakeup call.
Yeah... his first bad game in this stint as an Oiler, in my opinion. Think it could be fatigue? I remember last time he was an Oiler, he started the season extremely strong, tailed off a little toward the end, and made those gaffs in the playoffs that people will never forget. He plays the game with more physical intensity and sacrifice than most, and it might be catching up with him right now.

Old
03-05-2004, 05:05 AM
Yanner39

Entertaining game. I can't believe the progress of Jarret Stoll. I mean, Torres also improved by leaps and bounds but he had previous pro experience in the Islanders' system.

But Stoll. Geez. He was in every situation last night: taking important faceoffs, on the PK, on the PP and in OT. Can you imagine once he has a bit more NHL experience. That fouth line reminds me a bit of the Laraque-Dowd-Devereaux line of a few years back. They dominate each shift.

My take on Nedved is that I saw huge potential. What a quick release just before the Torres goal. The parts of the game I saw, he looked good. After a few days of practice, that line should be killer. And what 'til York gets back.

Old
03-05-2004, 10:09 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Entertaining game. I can't believe the progress of Jarret Stoll. I mean, Torres also improved by leaps and bounds but he had previous pro experience in the Islanders' system.

But Stoll. Geez. He was in every situation last night: taking important faceoffs, on the PK, on the PP and in OT. Can you imagine once he has a bit more NHL experience. That fouth line reminds me a bit of the Laraque-Dowd-Devereaux line of a few years back. They dominate each shift.

My take on Nedved is that I saw huge potential. What a quick release just before the Torres goal. The parts of the game I saw, he looked good. After a few days of practice, that line should be killer. And what 'til York gets back.
I just hope York gets back soon enough to make a difference. Having him healthy in this current lineup would be huge.

Closed Thread