HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Will Giroux get a call?

Old
01-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carle Winslow View Post
The whole up and down of Steve Downie on a daily basis (and other players) was based on this. They would "send players down" on off days and then "call them up" on game days -- pretty smart, if you think about it.
The first year out of the salary cap the Flyers were sending down like 5 guys between games or something if I recall correctly. I forget how they altered the rules, but you can't work the system nearly as much as you could right out of the gate.

The Flyers have obviously been a unique situation since the teams are in the same city and they share practice facilities.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Raffl House

vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The first year out of the salary cap the Flyers were sending down like 5 guys between games or something if I recall correctly. I forget how they altered the rules, but you can't work the system nearly as much as you could right out of the gate.

The Flyers have obviously been a unique situation since the teams are in the same city and they share practice facilities.
Too bad that is ending soon. I wish they would have kept the spectrum and did PhillyLive in all those abandoned warehouses and **** around the area.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 12:20 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carle Winslow View Post
Too bad that is ending soon. I wish they would have kept the spectrum and did PhillyLive in all those abandoned warehouses and **** around the area.
If the one plan works out in Bellmawr, then it would still be totally do able to be able to call guys up and down with no problem.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 06:44 PM
rmp

Does anyone know why they didn't send Giroux down to the AHL for the weekend to participate in the AHL all-star events? It's not like it would have meant missing Flyers games.

rmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Wils98

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
Does anyone know why they didn't send Giroux down to the AHL for the weekend to participate in the AHL all-star events? It's not like it would have meant missing Flyers games.
some rest maybe... it would have been, game friday, game saturday, skills sunday, all star game monday, fly to Florida, game tuesday....

Wils98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 06:54 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
The Flyers practiced in the Miami area today. If he stayed for the AHL all-star game, he would have missed the Flyers' practice.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote