HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Early mid-season player grades

Old
12-13-2008, 11:16 AM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Its original poster... everybody knows that.

Regardless, you're the one getting all pissed at the fact we basically all think your assessment is ridiculously offbase. Be as pissed as you want about what I say, but its true.

The last two assessments are FAR more accurate.
Maybe they are.

You probably got slapped around a lot in high school, right?

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 11:30 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
1) Tyutin was not traded for Fritsche. He was traded for Zherdev. Fritsche was traded for Backman.

2) How is it Renney's fault that Kalinin is playing the same way he's played his entire career?

3) You think the defensive system is making Lundqvist look good? Funny, I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.

4) Glenn Healy: 5'10", Steve Valiquette: 6'6". Don't really see the similarities in their play.
Yougot me on 1.
2. He's playing on the same line and its the coachs job to tell players where they need to improve.

3. Yeah. Facing less shots a night usually makes the goalie look better, as well as giving the opposition low percentage shots.

4. They both can come in and playwell for the team.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Gomez - Has been hot of late but not good enough. B-

Drury - Too streaky, haven't seen the leadership yet C

Dubinsky - Hasn't stepped it up to the next level yet C

Betts - Does his job good team player B-

Naslund - A pleasant surprise and one of our few daily scoring threats. A

Dawes - Has been a different player this year. D

Voros - A Third liner who can contribute at times but needs to stop taking the stupid penalties. C+

Korpikoski - Incomplete

Prucha - Incomplete

Zherdev - Best forward going for us A

Sjostrom - At times seems to be a boost when promoted to higher lines. B-

Callahan - Hustles, hits, but is not a scoring winger. B-

Orr - Some times it seems he doesn't fight enough, but has been ok so far. C+

Fritsche - Incomplete

Redden - Seems to not have much left in the tank. C-

Girardi - Started out hot but has taken a step back. B

Staal - The offense will come, good bye +/- playing with Rozsival. B+

Rozsival - I originally gave him time from his injury but it seems like he's regressed so much so he's too much of a liability on the ice. He reminds me of when we had Ozo for that short time. D

Kalinin - Always seems to be out there when a goal is scored against. Hasn't shown much offense, hasn't shown much defense. C-

Mara - Has re-invented himself this season getting more physical but hasn't shown it lately. B-

Lundqvist - Came out gangbusters but has tailed off in the last few weeks. B+

Valiquette - Serviceable back up, does his job and is a good team guy. B+

Renney- Seems to have lost the pulse of the team lately, too many brain farts have lead to guys wide open, odd man rushes, and guys out of position. He needs to step it up and get the point home. C+

Pearn- Absolute joke that he is still here, we are on pace to allow the most shorties in a season. The guy should be on the unemployment line with me.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Gomez - F

Drury - F

Dubinsky - C-

Betts - A

Naslund - B-

Dawes - F

Voros - C

Korpikoski - D+

Prucha - INC

Zherdev - B+

Sjostrom - C-

Callahan - C

Orr - C

Fritsche - F-

Redden - F

Girardi - B+

Staal - B+

Rozsival - D

Kalinin - D-

Mara - C+

Lundqvist - A+

Valiquette - B-

Renney - T (Harry Potter Reference)

Pearn - T

Sather - B+ (I like the team as assembled)

The best and most relaistic grades I have seen....especailly as it reflect the paly of the last month...Don't think there is one player I can argue with except maybe NASLUND who, because of his inconsiostincies and soft play, I would give a C....

Good call on Korpikoksi...Young guys get the pass around here but he has been dreadful and should be playing 20 mins a night in Hartford..

And about the only person that gets SJOSTROM...I've seen A's and B's all over the place but I even think the C- might even be high, but I guess for the his decent work on the PK and the 2 shootouts it's fair.....Otherwise, pretty worhtless player..Despite getting a lot of ice time, the guy can't produce Didley no matter the linemates and hasn't for over a year...And his defensive position is also off too many times

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Balej20*

They all fail except for Valiquette, Prucha, Staal, Girardi at times, Mara, Betts, Zherdev and maybe Dubinsky.

The thing that bothers me about Girardi is that he doesn't use his body all the time. He can knock guys into next week but you only see him do that once a month...and as for Dubinsky, the guy has to flat out start scoring.

Everyone else on this team has been far too inconsistent to receive passing grades.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Bury Your Head

Gomez - C

Drury - D

Dubinsky - C+

Betts - B

Naslund - B-

Dawes - F

Voros - D+

Korpikoski - D

Prucha - A-

Zherdev - B+/A-

Sjostrom - C

Callahan - B-

Orr - C+

Fritsche - D-

Redden - F-

Girardi - B

Staal - B

Rozsival - C-

Kalinin - D

Mara - C

Lundqvist - B+

Valiquette - C+

Renney - D+

Pearn - Z-

Sather - C+

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982 View Post
Well, his ratings could be based on salary expectations or they could be based on a players role. With the salary comes a larger role on the team. It is fair to judge a player against the set of expectations for his role on the team. Guys getting paid more get played more, therefore you have to expect more from them. For example, do we expect 80+ points from Drury? No. But do we exect solid play, leadership and his customary ~60 points? Yes. He is out there over 20 minutes a game on the PP and he is a -8, on pace for 45 points and in terms of leadership, the team as a whole has struggled and as captain he would be the first to tell you that is a part of his responsibility.
Exactly.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 03:45 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Okay, I'm going to propose that we never reference Harry Potter in any Ranger-related thread ever again.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Maybe they are.

You probably got slapped around a lot in high school, right?
get over feeling cool or tough because I stomped your retarded view.

Its your own problem that you're as wrong as you are, not mine...

Everybody else here is much more accurate... so you're probably the guy who was a ****** bag in school, raising his hand trying to get in every answer...

but still being wrong...

and nothing's changed

dick.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 05:36 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Gomez - B- Not the season I expected so far, but he's still carrying the puck with speed into the zone and making nice passes.

Drury - C- There are nights I dont even realize he's playing, that said, i think hes got enough heart and skill to snap out of it

Dubinsky - C+ The constant line juggling hurts him the most, it seems he tries to adapt to who hes playing with and its effected his game at streched. plays hard every shift

Betts - B+ you cant ask a guy with his skill set to do any more than he does, great defensive forward

Naslund - B- he's scoring goals for a completely impotant offense so no complaints here on naslund

Dawes - F - a debacle, a complete travesty that he hasnt been sent to hartford to find his game, like cally was last yr, especially with the dearth of guys trying to get in the lineup

Voros - C - serviceable, sometimes looks too slow when hes out agaisnt good players

Korpikoski - C- he's still developing, i like his passion and hustle, hopefully the rest will come sooner than later

Prucha - INC makes me sick our hardest working player cant get on the ice, and his 1.6 mill contract is seen as a burden while surrounded by completely hysterical contracts

Zherdev - A- Again, putting up points for an offensive horror show, I'd like to see more goals from him, but i haven't seen him show any sign of malcontent, taking shifts off, or being passionless like the knocks on him said, granted its still early, but i can only judge what i've seen

Sjostrom - C- Much like dawes, sjo is another guy that we continue to think is going to one day wake up and score goals, lol

Callahan - C+ hes a gamer and a warrior, we've all seen him turn the tide of a game with his hustle and grit, wish it was more often, could use some real polish on his finishing

Orr - C I'd be lying if i said he doesnt look better than years past, but in reality we still cant rely on him for anything but fighting

Fritsche - INC I just dont think he got a serious look either

Redden - C- could definately be worse, but he really needs to start contributing to the offense

Girardi - B solid

Staal - B+ solid+

Rozsival - C- would have been a D but i'm giving him a pass abit for coming off offseason surgery, hes no quitter and could turn his season around

Kalinin - C- he's are 6th defenseman, what can we expect

Mara - B- makes some mistakes, but will shoot the freakin puck and has shown alot more grit this season, hes the closest thing we have to a physical dman besides staal

Lundqvist - A I'd ask to be traded for the way the team plays in front of him so often, its sad, they let a vezina candidate look average because shots are given up from point blank

Valiquette - B does what hes asked, been a good backup

Renney - C messing with the lines, fumbling for answers, mishandling prucha...he gets the C for the winning record

Pearn - D teams could pull their goalies for an extra attacker while were on the powerplay and not have to worry...enough said

Sather - B- like the majority of the personel...but with that said I'd like the personel alot more with Kovalchuk and a hard hitting dman in the lineup and drury, gomer, redden, rosy making 2+ million less each to make that room

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 05:51 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
get over feeling cool or tough because I stomped your retarded view.

Its your own problem that you're as wrong as you are, not mine...

Everybody else here is much more accurate... so you're probably the guy who was a ****** bag in school, raising his hand trying to get in every answer...

but still being wrong...

and nothing's changed

dick.
Let it end there. You're right, I failed every class in hockey message boards, brought my college GPA down to a 3.5. And for the record, I wasn't mad you disagreed, everyone did. You went the extra mile in talking about me in the third-person, and purposely insulting me, figuring I wouldn't catch it.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 05:52 PM
levski87

Coaching Staff - F
PP - F
PK - A
Zherdev - A

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Blueshirt Fanatic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Gomez - contrary to the delusional ideas of many, Gomez has been consistently good all along. He's not a d-man; if he turns the puck over, the d-men have to take care of it, not his job. His job is to do what he does so well---penetrate deep and feed. Not his fault none of our wingers can hang with him. A-

Drury - we're all upset about the $7M... but at this point, I'd be upset if it was $3.5-4M. He has not been any better than Matt Cullen or Mike York (actually, York was better at some points). C-

Dubinsky - he's going so hard to the net, trying to lift the team. He's still learning, and can't be faulted. C+

Betts - (copied and pasted from TSN player report): Blair Betts... ok... cool, I guess. C

Naslund - our best LW and a smart player so far. A-

Dawes - becoming a tragedy, but let's give him a while. C-

Voros - can be a good PF when he wants to be. C+

Korpikoski - inexperienced, young, fast, good energy/effort. C

Prucha - F

Zherdev - our best forward so far... had 1 off game so far. A-

Sjostrom - you put Callahan with Gomez... hell, you put Dawes with Gomkez... give Sjostrom a shot already. A-

Callahan - really seems to know how to get into scoring position. Best forechecker there is. Can't do it on his own. B

Orr - surprising overall, but should he really get 10+ minutes per-game? Come on, now. C+

Fritsche - shame, I thought he'd get a shot at the top-six... haven't seen him much.

Redden - offense is gone, defense WAS good. Now what? I say scratch him 1 or 2 games. C-

Girardi - could be a lot worse, pretty solid. B

Staal - best d-man so far. A

Rozsival - I was big supporter, but I think it's time to part ways. Still a good guy, and I'd wish him well. D

Kalinin - the +/- is not a telling stat in this case... with a few bad showings, he's been pretty damn good so far, and I really thought Sam Weinman was smarter than to pick on Kalinin of all guys. B-

Mara - B

Lundqvist - best in the NHL when he's on, but every now and then, he's pretty average. When you let in eight goals, you can't blame it all on the D. B+

Valiquette - pretty good back-up, the team tries harder when he plays. B-
BobMarleyNYR- F

Blueshirt Fanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 09:58 PM
In The Flesh

Mara - A
Callahan - A
Henrik - A
Naslund - A
Orr - B