HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

T-Bay @ Ottawa - 2008/12/13, 7pm CBC

Old
12-13-2008, 12:46 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

vCash: 500
Thanks for the edit Senator Blutarsky, appreciate it. And for the get well wishes.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Senator Blutarsky

No sweat. The Sens make me wanna vomit too sometimes.

Senator Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 12:54 PM
pepty

Before the last game I would have expected to see Zubov with Vermette and Fisher, but Hartsburg evidently praised the play of the Vermette/Kelly/WInchester line last night so he may want to leave that line together.

He has said that he will start the big line together for tonight and has challanged them to play better than the last couple of games, so I expect to see Zubov with Fisher and player x - Foligno?

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 12:56 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Before the last game I would have expected to see Zubov with Vermette and Fisher, but Hartsburg evidently praised the play of the Vermette/Kelly/WInchester line last night so he may want to leave that line together.

He has said that he will start the big line together for tonight and has challanged them to play better than the last couple of games, so I expect to see Zubov with Fisher and player x - Foligno?
Its a waste putting Zubov with Fisher

12-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Little off topic, but I need some help. Thanks to the a-holes at OCTranspo, I`m driving to the game for the first time ever. What's the best way to get there? 417? I've heard that there's a better way going down Richmond Road. Anybody got some advice?

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:00 PM
DaveMatthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanuuq View Post
It's a pretty good idea, actually. Zubov has had all this success in the AHL with Zack Smith as his center, a guy who's physical and goes to the net, allowing Zubov to have more room to make plays. Fisher can do the same thing.

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:03 PM
jordan7hm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
It's a pretty good idea, actually. Zubov has had all this success in the AHL with Zack Smith as his center, a guy who's physical and goes to the net, allowing Zubov to have more room to make plays. Fisher can do the same thing.
Except Fisher doesn't actually go to the net, which is just one of the reasons he is an offensive void.

jordan7hm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:04 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7hm View Post
Except Fisher doesn't actually go to the net, which is just one of the reasons he is an offensive void.
Do any of our forwards(other than Heatley) go consistently to the net and stay there?

I'm saying none. Eaves did, but we all know what Murray ended up doing there....

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:17 PM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanuuq View Post
Yeah, a waste of our best center having to carry rookies and career AHLers again.

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:20 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

I am giving this team one last chance to prove themselves. Not that beating Tampa would be such an impressive feat and any of us should think everything is cool but for f*^ks sake let's see some damn effort out there tonight. Let's see the team actually want it and that they give a crap. If we see more of the same and they don't win than something has to be done. If Murray doesn't wake up and do his job properly and at least try to improve things than he's not the right man for the job, how many times can he keep getting the benefit of the doubt and being let off the hook.

And for anyone who even dares to try and blame Hartsburgh than that person doesn't have their facts straight. Hartsburgh can only do so much with the players that he's got, he can get rid of someone or bring in someone new to shake things up, only Murray can do that.

Pretty safe to say that s*it will hit the fan if we drop this game at home.

Old
12-13-2008, 01:55 PM
porknbeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
I am giving this team one last chance to prove themselves. Not that beating Tampa would be such an impressive feat and any of us should think everything is cool but for f*^ks sake let's see some damn effort out there tonight. Let's see the team actually want it and that they give a crap. If we see more of the same and they don't win than something has to be done. If Murray doesn't wake up and do his job properly and at least try to improve things than he's not the right man for the job, how many times can he keep getting the benefit of the doubt and being let off the hook.

And for anyone who even dares to try and blame Hartsburgh than that person doesn't have their facts straight. Hartsburgh can only do so much with the players that he's got, he can get rid of someone or bring in someone new to shake things up, only Murray can do that.

Does anyone actually trust Murray? For what? He's the one that wasted Emery (idiot), hired Paddock in the first place, demobilized all our D (I do like 2/3rds of the D though, but we have no offensive talent there) and is now going to make even more changes? When all his changes have done since Muckler left has made this team weaker and weaker?

The cap ruin was evident, but we should at least be middle of the pack

porknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:55 PM
MatthewT

I just opened up TSN and there was a pic of Hartsburg, I thought he was fired for a second until I read the headline lol

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 02:03 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Everyone should watch Hartsburg's press conference from this morning on Sens TV online. It's very interesting.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 02:06 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post

Murray should not make panic moves.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 02:11 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
Yeah, a waste of our best center having to carry rookies and career AHLers again.
7 goals 15 points in last 53 games.

No wonder why this team sucks if that is the bes he can do.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
Spezza is our best centre.

Jennifer 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 02:18 PM
mayoradamwest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Everyone should watch Hartsburg's press conference from this morning on Sens TV online. It's very interesting.
is there a transcript available?

mayoradamwest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 02:21 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
Murray should not make panic moves.
See I don't call it a panic move at all, I call it a necessary change for the good of the team. It's the middle of December, you cannot continue to have patience and act all calm, cool and collected when there are obvious major holes on the team that need to be addressed. I'm sure Murray has recognized this by now, it's just time to ACT now.

Old
12-13-2008, 02:30 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

hartsburg said the big line is back together. I also assume zubov and lee are playing, because there would be no point in calling them up otherewise.

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Zubov-Fisher-Vermette
Foligno-Kelly-Winchester
Ruutu-Donovan/Bass-Neil

Phillips-Schubert?Bell?
Kuba-Picard
Lee-Smith

bell or schubert will be the scratch on d
i think vermette, kelly, donovan, or bass could be the scratch at forward. I hope its kelly or vermette, to send a message.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 02:31 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoradamwest View Post
is there a transcript available?
I guess this article is the closest you'll get...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2595...s=topStory_nhl

My guess on lines is Zubov with Fisher and Foligno. Foligno and Zubov seemed to do well together on the 4th line.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 02:34 PM
duckstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBeforeMcGrattan View Post
Little off topic, but I need some help. Thanks to the a-holes at OCTranspo, I`m driving to the game for the first time ever. What's the best way to get there? 417? I've heard that there's a better way going down Richmond Road. Anybody got some advice?

you can take the 417 and exit at palladium or you can come in through kanata by turning onto palladium drive off of terry fox. just google map it

getting to the game and parking doesn't really matter, it's leaving that is a PITA.

duckstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Jackie Treehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBeforeMcGrattan View Post
if you go in off (i think it's called Huntmar) and park in the west lot, they open the gates after the game and it's much quicker to get out, and in for that matter.

Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 03:04 PM
vdB

Decent lines.

If you see a guy at the game tonight with a duct taped Meszaros jersey, you know who it is

vdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 03:07 PM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyTheBull View Post
We're about to sail into a ****typhoon guys so we better haul in the jib before it gets covered in ****...
We're in the eye of a ****icane here Julian, public enemy number one has gone one step too far! Ricky (Tocchet) is a low-****-system!

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Golden
Börk Börk Börk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Link for those too lazy to search.

Golden is offline   Reply With Quote