HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT - Slumpin Habs slump some more Caps win

Old
12-13-2008, 09:59 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

vCash: 500
As for the record, I admit I went pretty hard on Halak. Some frustration I guess. Just saw the replay, Hamrlik indeed looked like a tool on this play.

The PP has to get fixed asap... Jarvis has got to change a few things... It's clearly not working.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:00 PM
emb24*

pp needs to be better plain and simple. we get it going and we'll be ok BUT it's not going because of all the cupcakes who play on the perimeter...so try pacioretty, try weber...send o'pylon and ______(insert name here) down

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:01 PM
blah141

1. Kovalev is one of our top playmakers. Yes, he's having a bad season compared to usual but he's still playing well enough. His giveaways can be fixed, that doesn't mean he needs to go.

2. SK74 is in a slump. It happens. He doesn't need to go back to the AHL.

3. 4-2-1 on this homestand I believe. Carbo is doing well enough. Look at the standings.

I swear people on this board are the biggest bandwagonners ever. We aren't doing that bad. Did you even watch the game? We had the most chances, and we outplayed the Caps in the 2nd half of the game. We got unlucky, it happens; get over it.

blah141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:02 PM
HotHabsFan*

unlucky.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Try Weber for sure. I second, or third, or twentith that idea.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

NOTHING will be changed, Gainey takes forever to change a thing when the team plays like garbage.

Maybe a send down or call up but that will be it.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Let me add some context;

One of those games was against the worst team in the league, the second was against a goalie playing in his first NHL game.

In both those games a grand total of 2 goals were scored.

There's reason for concern.
its not like there not generating chances. the only concern to have is the pp. the pp needs work, its the worse part of the game. fix it. thats the coaches job, to find something that works. and 4th liners is not the answer.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:03 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah141 View Post
1. Kovalev is one of our top playmakers. Yes, he's having a bad season compared to usual but he's still playing well enough. His giveaways can be fixed, that doesn't mean he needs to go.

2. SK74 is in a slump. It happens. He doesn't need to go back to the AHL.

3. 4-2-1 on this homestand I believe. Carbo is doing well enough. Look at the standings.

I swear people on this board are the biggest bandwagonners ever. We aren't doing that bad. Did you even watch the game? We had the most chances, and we outplayed the Caps in the 2nd half of the game. We got unlucky, it happens; get over it.
Wouldnt be a first to see a 21 years old kid with less than a year of exp. being sent down in the AHL...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:03 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
NOTHING will be changed, Gainey takes forever to change a thing when the team plays like garbage.

gainey just changed his underwear for the first time since july. don't ask how i know

Old
12-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Hab-a-maniac

O'Byrne should be sent down to stay once Komo is healthy. Then call up Weber to insert him in for PP help. Bench Breezy eventually, even though he has 3 goals. Weber might kickstart a PP that has been junk. Right now, Boston is 9 pts. up (game in hand but so what? We win that and we're still 7 back. We're 7 back of 9th place right now!). This is the time of the year where the Habs decide if they want to be a top 5 team in the conf. or your typical bottom seed. Right now, we sit in 5th though not comfortably at all.

Welcome to a 95-100 pt. season. 2007-08 was close, but we just can't ever seem to put together a monster year (like 110-115 pts.). This franchise has a ways to go to be considered cup contenders. Luckily, there's potential for it in the minors and trades might unlock the key. But right now, this team is very inconsistent and it's a terrible formula for trying to stay with the big boys of the Eastern Conf. Injuries are no excuse. We looked worse than this with a healthy lineup at times! Koivu would be nice to have but Higgins, Dandy are no major losses considering their negligible offense. Price though, he seems to be so good he inspires confidence in the offense too!

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:05 PM
prairie hab

Some of you need a reality check.

Players play the game. To blame coaching every single time we lose is assinine. The fact of the matter is, too many roster players are comfortable with their supposed security of being "on the team".

We have seen the 1-3 year experienced players take this for granted this year: SKost, AKost, Lapierre, Guillaume, and O'byrne have all been demoted or sat to send a message.
Not all have responded.

Plekanec, Higgins, and Kovalev all need to elevate their games immensely, yet do not seem to fear similar demotions the other younger players have faced.

The reason the "4's" are out on the powerplay is to send a warning. I anticipate that continued bad results with the powerplay, and "losses" in general over this remaining month will lead to MAJOR roster changes.

The club is loaded with prospect talent, and has plenty of depth. It can afford to make moves to garner players of need, plus a true elite player. Some of the more popular, younger Habs may be traded away - but if you want to win now, this needs to happen. Gainey traded Iginla for Nieuwendyk remember......... it got him a Cup. Some would argue Calgary easily won that deal, but last time I checked Calgary has been "cupless" since '89 (although came close a few years ago).

Tonight's effort perhaps deserved a better result. 3 or 4 posts/crossbars, missed open nets, etc. Let us not lose perspective. Some good performances were had:
Lats, D'Ago, Maxwell, Brisebois, Gorges, Max, Kosto and Begin were all solid tonight.

Kovy, Lang, Pleks, O'byrne, AKost and SKost need to bring more.

With many injuries to get over, these guys need to step up, and quit believing the hype - work ethic and commitment will win games, and I'm not seeing that from players: you know damn well it is being preached by the coaches. Think long and hard about the qualities Carbo, Muller, and Jarvis all shared as players and tell me they are happy with their roster right now. By mid-January I expect a different looking make-up to this team. One that complies more with the qualities exhibited by the coaching staff.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:06 PM
BadHabit

It's actually quite amazing where we are in the standings without Kovalev, Higgins, Andrei/Sergei Kostitsyn, Plekanec and to a lesser extent, Latendresse scoring. I mean, Brisebois now has the same amount of goals that Sergei does. (Ryder by the way would be co-leading the team with goals, 3rd on the team with points and with his current +12 he would lead the team)

I can't believe our record, but something has to give because we are about to go on a long winless streak if it doesn't. 0-7 on the PP just ain't cuttin it. O'Byrne just aint cuttin it either. He's been given many chances, he simply isn't ready.

Step 1 - Get FIRE and DESIRE to play back
Step 2 - Get the PP working
Step 3 - Win games

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:07 PM
emb24*

it's weird it feels like 06-07 again. lots of promising rookies but crappy vets. we iced like what? 8 guys 23 or under tonight?

kos
kos
lats
laps
maxwell
d'ago
gorges
halak

it's the vets stupid. kovalev 19 games without a goal. 35 last year? this is getting very strange

Old
12-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
3 in a row
this is only our 2nd loss in a row.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:08 PM
The n00b King *

- Call up Weber.
- Someone tell these dumb ****ers how to enter the zone. Honestly, the end to that game made me want to go outside and shoot some stray cats.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go outside and shoot some stray cats.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:08 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

Well last year in December he did nothing when things were going bad... And I think things didn't turn out so bad if I remember...

Old
12-13-2008, 10:09 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
- Call up Weber.
- Someone tell these dumb ****ers how to enter the zone. Honestly, the end to that game made me want to go outside and shoot some stray cats.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go outside and shoot some stray cats.
stay inside its freezing out there

signed Putty Tat

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:11 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
this is only our 2nd loss in a row.
what happened vs NJ?

Old
12-13-2008, 10:12 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
what happened vs NJ?
What happened vs Calagary ?

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:14 PM
The n00b King *

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
stay inside its freezing out there

signed Putty Tat
I'll just start shooting at inanimate objects then...

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Varlamov was not better than Halak. Varlomov made very few tough saves. the best chances all went wide (Tanguay, Hamrlik) or off the post (Tanguay, Kovalev, countless others). Halak made a few saves on breakaways and odd man rushes. Varlamov faced neither.
True.

Good awareness on your part to see what actually happened with the goalies in this game. Varlamov hardly had to make a hard save at all. Halak on the other hand made several excellent saves.

How about we tell all the forwards....all 12 of them...Look you don't score any goals you get no pay. You score at least one goal you get paid.

These guys have how much skill?
These players get paid how much?
These players are all NHL players?

How about you play like good NHL players? Is that really too much to ask?

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:18 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
What happened vs Calagary ?
sorry, i've been in a catatonic seizure since TB. there are gaps in my memory

Old
12-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Love the after-game show with Josh Gorges....nice guy....

But Dave Morrissette keeps calling him Georges as if it was his first name....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:20 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

I know...

Old
12-13-2008, 10:21 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

morrissette and brunet need to be put on a paddle-less canoe