HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Primeau might be back by the weekend.

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2004, 03:48 PM
tytech

vCash: 500
Primeau might be back by the weekend.

I know there is already a thread about this but people want the first heading to be the good news. The other one is full of updates. This is the real thing. He's coming back people and sounds like JR is isn't too far behind.
http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/1491.asp

Old
03-03-2004, 04:16 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
I know there is already a thread about this but people want the first heading to be the good news. The other one is full of updates. This is the real thing. He's coming back people and sounds like JR is isn't too far behind.
http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/1491.asp
I am doing my Happy dance. WE are a completely differnt team with our captain back. Hope things stay on the same course !!

Old
03-03-2004, 07:46 PM
stanley

If all goes well, the Flyers are going to add three very good NHL players to their lineup before the playoffs, and they won't cost them anything.

Strangely, I think Roenick is the last of the three they NEED back (although he's still pretty darn important). The Zhamnov-Amonte-Gagne line is tearing it up.

Old
03-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Flyerswin5

Nope.. base line report showed that he is not ready. reported on the radio broadcst of the game tonight.

Old
03-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
If all goes well, the Flyers are going to add three very good NHL players to their lineup before the playoffs, and they won't cost them anything.

Strangely, I think Roenick is the last of the three they NEED back (although he's still pretty darn important). The Zhamnov-Amonte-Gagne line is tearing it up.
I'm stating the obvious, but not just three "very good" NHL players, three former All-Stars.

Ok, All-Star is a stretch for Primeau...

I agree with you about Roenick. He's fantastic, and I can't wait to see him again, but Primeau and Desjardins are desprately needed much more at this point.

Old
03-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Agreed. Primeau is the most important cog, Desjardins is very key too. Roenick, while missed, is the one of those three they can most afford to do with out. The Zhamnov line is playing great, and the Handzus line isn't doing too bad either. Right now the pucks just aren't bouncing their way.

Old
03-04-2004, 07:35 AM
slitz

Quote:

The Zhamnov-Amonte-Gagne line is tearing it up.

when they announced the Zhamnov deal I was drooling at the thought of this line. this is the most speed they've had on one line in at least 20 years.

Old
03-04-2004, 08:08 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerswin5
Nope.. base line report showed that he is not ready. reported on the radio broadcst of the game tonight.
He's going for baseline testing this afternoon, Thursday 3/4.

Old
03-04-2004, 08:23 AM
donelikedinner

with preems coming back, desjardins and jr eventually does anyone else get that sinful feeling that good things are just around the corner for the flyers?

Old
03-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
with preems coming back, desjardins and jr eventually does anyone else get that sinful feeling that good things are just around the corner for the flyers?
I will not say anything until we beat the Devils and/or Ott in a meaningful series (Playoffs)

By the way, has anyone noticed that it looks like it going to be a Flyers/Devils 1st round!!!

Old
03-04-2004, 11:00 AM
CNote
Get 'er done

i really hope they don't rush back primeau, or roenick for that matter. isn't it more important to have these guys completely healthy at playoff time? i guess home ice adv. is more important.

-dutch-

Old
03-04-2004, 11:40 AM
MojoJojo

I agree. Let them heal properly. Home ice vs a healthy team is a no-brainer in my book. The last four teams are looking pretty good right now anyway with the exception of the Islanders, Montreal, Boston, Leafs would all be equally as tough with the recent trades

Old
03-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Teezax

the Debs won't finish 6th, highly unlikely. If we win the division (fingers crossed) they will likely be in a tough series with one of (Ottawa, Toronto, Boston) The 4th VS 5th seed this year is going to be a sick battle as it was last year! I think everyone in the EAST is hoping to play the Isles as they are probably the easiest team to beat out of the other 6.

Old
03-04-2004, 02:02 PM
tytech

Home ice is everything. It's what killed us last year. If we play the Isles and then play Ottawa or some other team who is dog tired frOm playing a tough first round it will be that much easier for us.
Let them come back a little unhealthy. They can get better as time passes. Of course there is always the chance they can get hurt again but an equal chance if they are %100 healthy.

Closed Thread