HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Play Dan Fritsche

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-17-2008, 02:54 PM
  #51
thescout23
Registered User
 
thescout23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger49 View Post
Nigel Dawes (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Tom Renney (Cranbrook, British Columbia)

Must be one western canadian taking care of another, the only legitimate excuse as to why Renney continues to play this Dawes stiff, he is terrible. For one to think Dawes is better than Pruca or especially Fritsche is complete ignorance.
You hit the nail on the head.Really.I'm sure Tom puts his "western canadian" pride before the success of the team.I believe sir it is time you give your head a shake.

thescout23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 03:43 PM
  #52
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 17,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
You sound like an ignorant ******. To assume that one is a "casual" fan or they just don't understand what they're watching makes you look like an ass.

I'd defend myself here, but I don't feel as if I need to. I know what I watch, I know what I see, I know what Dawes has to do in order to be a better player, or to put him above Prucha or Fritsche. So I'll just stick to that.

There's a reason there's a thread made about a player who should be playing over Dawes, and not the other way.


Sorry, but a lot of the fans on here DO NOT understand the game and don't know a damn thing about playing away from the puck and "hockey sense" if it hit them in the face while watching a constant loop of Joe Sakic's career.

Fritsche is a disaster, has never played in anything resembling a playoff game in his NHL career, and was a third-line player on a perennial doormat.

There is a reason why Ken Hitchcock just discarded him in a trade he was getting fleeced in from the get go. Fritsche has done nothing to warrant playing time for this team.

Dawes hasn't even played two full seasons in the NHL yet he has already performed well in the playoffs and has a ton more upside than the aforementioned.

Both he and Dubinsky are having GARBAGE sophomore seasons in the defensive zone, while Dubinsky has lost his scoring touch and dawes' decision making has been very bad.

But sophomore slumps are very common in the NHL because guess what: NHL teams scout. They happen all the time and Renney obviously sees a lot more in two guys who have barely been in the league two years than two guys who have reached their zenith.

Moreover, Dawes is young, cheap and has upside. he is a better asset to showcase than Prucha or Fritsche.

Truth is, if there wasn't expansion, Prucha and Fritsche would be in the AHL in their mid-20's.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 05:17 PM
  #53
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
You sound like an ignorant ******. To assume that one is a "casual" fan or they just don't understand what they're watching makes you look like an ass.

I'd defend myself here, but I don't feel as if I need to. I know what I watch, I know what I see, I know what Dawes has to do in order to be a better player, or to put him above Prucha or Fritsche. So I'll just stick to that.

There's a reason there's a thread made about a player who should be playing over Dawes, and not the other way.
If you don't consider your self a casual fan, then you don't. Or you're not. I don't believe i called YOU a casual fan.

The statement was still true. Casual fans do not pay attention to subtle things that go on during a hockey game, because they don't know the finer points of the defensive side of the game. Or the positional side of the game.

Dawes does things away from the puck that would make one say "hes invisible". But he is playing his position, he is doing things that are not hurting the team. He is doing his job. He does not have the luxury of having a large frame. He has to be a little cunning and a sneaky player. And that is what he does.

He is a much more complete player then Fritsche and Prucha. He is a better skater, better passer, better shooter, better vision, better hands.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:06 PM
  #54
Dougmustgo*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Dawes does things away from the puck that would make one say "hes invisible". He is a much more complete player then Fritsche and Prucha. He is a better skater, better passer, better shooter, better vision, better hands.
That must be why he was sent down to the AHL and Fritsche wasn't, you need you quit while you are ahead

Dougmustgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:20 PM
  #55
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger49 View Post
That must be why he was sent down to the AHL and Fritsche wasn't, you need you quit while you are ahead
There can be a huge list compiled of players that are now regulars in the league that were sent back down at one point early in their careers.

Nigel Dawes was sent down on a playoff team.

He also scored 14 goals last year with limited ice time.

The fact is that Dawes figures into the Rangers long term plans more so then Fritsche and Prucha.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:28 PM
  #56
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 18,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
There can be a huge list compiled of players that are now regulars in the league that were sent back down at one point early in their careers.

Nigel Dawes was sent down on a playoff team.

He also scored 14 goals last year with limited ice time.

The fact is that Dawes figures into the Rangers long term plans more so then Fritsche and Prucha.
You wanna play that card...In 06-07, the year Prucha should've been slumping to your knowledge, he put up 22 goals playing mostly fourth line duties.

Interesting.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:35 PM
  #57
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
You wanna play that card...In 06-07, the year Prucha should've been slumping to your knowledge, he put up 22 goals playing mostly fourth line duties.

Interesting.
I don't believe i said he should've been slumping.

And i have always supported Prucha.

The point here is this, that Prucha does not fit into the Rangers long term plans. He will eventually get his chance elsewhere.

Fritsche is also apparently not in their long term plans.

Not sure how those two things are hard to see.

Dawes is a skilled player. Also, no reason to be hating on the kid. He is a subtle player. Always has been. Always will be. And some are saying he has no smarts which is nuts. He was a captain and a leader in his junior career. He was a leader in the AHL. And he never takes a stupid penalty. Never.

I have always said Prucha is a goal scorer. But he is NEVER going to get his chance in NY again.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:46 PM
  #58
polako
Registered User
 
polako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 1,178
vCash: 500
He never really had his chance to begin with. It was taken from him when Shanahan was signed. Then, Shanahan went on to pot the same number of goals (52) as Prucha did when he was still part of the team, with considerably more ice time and a much higher salary.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:48 PM
  #59
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
He never really had his chance to begin with. It was taken from him when Shanahan was signed. Then, Shanahan went on to pot the same number of goals (52) as Prucha did when he was still part of the team, with considerably more ice time and a much higher salary.
That is absolutely true.

And it was annoying that Prucha lost his ice time. Especially on the power play.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 07:01 PM
  #60
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
OK, here is my position on Prucha.

If he were to be put on the top line with Gomez and Zherdev he would produce.

Take Voros out of the lineup. He has been pretty ineffective lately and has been taking stupid penalties.

I still wouldn't take Dawes out of the lineup. He has too much skill to assume he won't be fine.

But i think it will all be a moot point anyway if Sundin signs.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:08 PM
  #61
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,358
vCash: 500
The reason I hate on Dawes is threefold:
1) I like Prucha better and think if he was afforded a 10-15 game stretch with consistent ice time including on the PP, he would produce as much on the score sheet as Dawes as, if not more.
2) When I watch the games, I see Dawes out of position and floating much more often than I see that from Prucha.
3) The one time I met Nigel, he was very rude to both me and my gf even though we were both very polite. Prucha, on the other hand, has been very nice to both of us every time we've run into him.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 10:18 PM
  #62
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
The reason I hate on Dawes is threefold:
1) I like Prucha better and think if he was afforded a 10-15 game stretch with consistent ice time including on the PP, he would produce as much on the score sheet as Dawes as, if not more.
2) When I watch the games, I see Dawes out of position and floating much more often than I see that from Prucha.
3) The one time I met Nigel, he was very rude to both me and my gf even though we were both very polite. Prucha, on the other hand, has been very nice to both of us every time we've run into him.
C'mon, can't judge someone by one meeting. He could have had a bad day. He's human.

The first and only time i met Gomez he was a dick. But i don't hold it against him. It was raining, cold, and he had just finished playing a game that went to a shootout. I'm sure if i saw him outside of MSG again he would be cool.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 10:16 AM
  #63
Dougmustgo*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Its obvious Dawes is a favorite of Renney and he continues to refuse to give guys Fritsche a chance on this team. Apparently its too much to ask to give this kid a shot on this team. When given an honest chance in the past Fritsche has produced. They must like his value because they haven't tried to send him down to the AHL, knowing he won't clear waivers. With that in mind play him or trade him, its that simple.

Dougmustgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 02:59 PM
  #64
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
C'mon, can't judge someone by one meeting. He could have had a bad day. He's human.

The first and only time i met Gomez he was a dick. But i don't hold it against him. It was raining, cold, and he had just finished playing a game that went to a shootout. I'm sure if i saw him outside of MSG again he would be cool.
I'm just saying that the one meeting I had with him was a negative. If I ever see him again, I won't punch him in the face. I'll see if he's in a better mood. If he's nice, my opinion of him can be altered. Just going on the day I met him, everything was a negative.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 03:01 PM
  #65
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,076
vCash: 500
he is going to be traded for sure.........matter of time for some guys

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 03:08 PM
  #66
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
i wish they went with these lines tonight...in order of playing time


prucha - dubi - z
dawes - korpedo - Cally
sjostrom - blair - orr
nasland - gomez - frische - in a checking role getting 7 minutes and no PP time.....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 03:20 PM
  #67
allstar3970
Registered User
 
allstar3970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
i wish they went with these lines tonight...in order of playing time


prucha - dubi - z
dawes - korpedo - Cally
sjostrom - blair - orr
nasland - gomez - frische - in a checking role getting 7 minutes and no PP time.....
and people wonder why they get labeled as "casual fans"

what has dubi done to deserve that? You want to talk about invisible lately...

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 03:25 PM
  #68
MikeyLikesHockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Forget the BS.

I would sit Gomez and Drury. Both are carpy players that have never lived up to their potential.

Too bad we can't bench a coach. Please Glen come out of the Rafters and coach this team.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 03:29 PM
  #69
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
and people wonder why they get labeled as "casual fans"

what has dubi done to deserve that? You want to talk about invisible lately...
casual fan? no

not an idiot? yes

and he deserves it because his name is not gomez or drury.....also, he has been playing with voros and sjostrom...not exactly z and prucha as far as scoring ability.....a non-casual fan would know that

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 03:39 PM
  #70
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,529
vCash: 500
Why is it about Dawes, Prucha, and Fritsche fighting for 1 spot? Why does everyone else on the roster get a guaranteed spot? Do we need to play Orr every night? Why does Orr play every night? Why does Voros keep getting a pass? Does Sjostrom do that much right to keep him in the lineup every game? I'd love to see Fritsche play instead of Voros one game. Or sub in Prucha against a Brashear-less Washington.

Why does it always come down to 3 guys competing for 1 spot?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 03:39 PM
  #71
Unpredictable1
Registered User
 
Unpredictable1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
He is a much more complete player then Fritsche and Prucha. He is a better skater, better passer, better shooter, better vision, better hands.
He might have most of those qualities over Fritsche (although I haven't seen enough of Fritsche to be absolutely sure), but the only thing I'll give him over Prucha is maybe a better passer and his wrist shot is better.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 03:40 PM
  #72
MikeyLikesHockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I don't believe i said he should've been slumping.

And i have always supported Prucha.

The point here is this, that Prucha does not fit into the Rangers long term plans. He will eventually get his chance elsewhere.

Fritsche is also apparently not in their long term plans.

Not sure how those two things are hard to see.

Dawes is a skilled player. Also, no reason to be hating on the kid. He is a subtle player. Always has been. Always will be. And some are saying he has no smarts which is nuts. He was a captain and a leader in his junior career. He was a leader in the AHL. And he never takes a stupid penalty. Never.

I have always said Prucha is a goal scorer. But he is NEVER going to get his chance in NY again.
By your logic, Zherdev won't succeeed here too. And Dawes can't take a stupid penalty cause he's afraid of throwing a hit. But people like Voros(slower than Dave Andreychuck) and Freddie stonehands Sjostrom are.

Makes no sense at all. The game isn't getting slower, its getting faster.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 03:54 PM
  #73
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
Forget the BS.

I would sit Gomez and Drury. Both are carpy players that have never lived up to their potential.

Too bad we can't bench a coach. Please Glen come out of the Rafters and coach this team.
Oh boy, that would be awesome! When a guy comes down from GM to coach, that USUALLY means he's got one more chance or he's fired. I'm all for that. He should have been fired the last time he coached the team, maybe it would finally happen this time.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 09:20 PM
  #74
KayZee13
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Up North
Country: United States
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Danny Fritsche is a top-shelf human being! From his work ethic, bringing it every night, to his "family first" core values. You should all look into what he contributed to the pediatric oncology kids here in Columbus among other things. Shame on you. And you wonder why some players don't want to offer up more interviews. Jeesh!

KayZee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 02:27 PM
  #75
Dougmustgo*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
He might have most of those qualities over Fritsche (although I haven't seen enough of Fritsche to be absolutely sure), but the only thing I'll give him over Prucha is maybe a better passer and his wrist shot is better.
Thats been my whole point all along. Why haven't we given Fritsche a chance since he has been here? When/if they ever do they need to understand that a chance doesn't mean play him once a week either. There are alot of guys making good money on this team and not bringing their game every night. Lets see what we got with Fritsche and if he can help our team before we just trade him or something. I know one thing for sure, this kid brings it and gives 110% every time he is on the ice. He is also a solid two way player, the kind of player that NYR fans like to watch play.

Dougmustgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.