HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Play Dan Fritsche

Old
01-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Duponttime*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Why is it about Dawes, Prucha, and Fritsche fighting for 1 spot? Why does everyone else on the roster get a guaranteed spot? Do we need to play Orr every night? Why does Orr play every night? Why does Voros keep getting a pass? Does Sjostrom do that much right to keep him in the lineup every game? I'd love to see Fritsche play instead of Voros one game. Or sub in Prucha against a Brashear-less Washington.

Why does it always come down to 3 guys competing for 1 spot?
Playing Orr more than 30 games a year is idiotic. Sjostrom and Voros are not very productive. You take a kid that has the ability at the worst by the age of 25 to be a 15 G 20 A role player, sit him out forever, it's just stupid. Fritsche should demand a trade.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 07:54 PM
thescout23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duponttime View Post
Playing Orr more than 30 games a year is idiotic. Sjostrom and Voros are not very productive. You take a kid that has the ability at the worst by the age of 25 to be a 15 G 20 A role player, sit him out forever, it's just stupid. Fritsche should demand a trade.
you should be his agent

thescout23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 01:12 AM
RANGERS2448

Quote:
i am a fan of Orr but i do agree he shouldnt play every game only when we need a heavey fist shoe on the other hand i do like his play and he is a great pker with his speed wouldnt mind droping voros to the 4th line and inserting fritsche when Orr isnt needed but i would rather prucha in over fritsche

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 01:19 AM
BleedBlue4491

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Why is it about Dawes, Prucha, and Fritsche fighting for 1 spot? Why does everyone else on the roster get a guaranteed spot? Do we need to play Orr every night? Why does Orr play every night? Why does Voros keep getting a pass? Does Sjostrom do that much right to keep him in the lineup every game? I'd love to see Fritsche play instead of Voros one game. Or sub in Prucha against a Brashear-less Washington.

Why does it always come down to 3 guys competing for 1 spot?
Hit the nail on the head. The boys like Gomez and Drury can be completely comfortable in their 7 million dollar spots, meanwhile the kids have to watch their every step.

BleedBlue4491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 09:32 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
I see posts that Prucha is not playing. What about Dan Fritshce? He is a good young third line right wing. How come he is not playing?
The answer to your question is the same as it is for all these types of questions about players who don't see more ice time. They don't deserve it.

Despite most questions having obvious answers, people prefer to drum up the possibilities of conspiracies and ineptitude rather than face up to the cold, hard truth. Coaches make mistakes from time to time in their judgments but they are usually proven to be right.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Duponttime*

Again, this kid at 21 on a pathetic team has 12 G 15 A in 59 games. The only reason he isn' playing here is because our head coach is a complete idiot. Same reason he didn't play Baranka. Renney is clueless. In his last 9 games before Renney banished him, Fritsche had 4 points in 9 games and was a +2. Then when the ENTIRE stunk against Florida in that 4-0 loss, he blamed Fritsche and banished him. That is a perfect example of why Renney should be fired.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 07:22 PM
McMonster

Fritsche just isn't that good.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Dougmustgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post
Fritsche just isn't that good.
What do you base this on? He has barely played in our line-up since being traded here. The only thing he could possibly not be good at is ordering pizzas from the booth upstairs.

Dougmustgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Dougmustgo*

Quote:
Again, this kid at 21 on a pathetic team has 12 G 15 A in 59 games. The only reason he isn' playing here is because our head coach is a complete idiot. Same reason he didn't play Baranka. Renney is clueless. In his last 9 games before Renney banished him, Fritsche had 4 points in 9 games and was a +2. Then when the ENTIRE stunk against Florida in that 4-0 loss, he blamed Fritsche and banished him. That is a perfect example of why Renney should be fired.
I agree! Is Renney trying to ruin this kid, its obvious thats what is is doing. There is no other logical explanation as to why you trade for someone and never give them a chance starting with the pre-season.

Dougmustgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 12:45 AM
polako

Quote:
A 'pathetic' team had no problem giving him his marching orders in a deal that they ALREADY were giving up more than they were receiving. If he couldn't cut it on a crappy team in Columbus, what evidence is there that he should be playing on one of the best teams in the East?

His situation doesn't compare with Prucha's. Prucha has shown what he is capable of on this team, in the right situation.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 12:50 AM
CanyonofBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
I see posts that Prucha is not playing. What about Dan Fritshce? He is a good young third line right wing. How come he is not playing?
i'd rather see him on the fourth line than freddy sjostrom. they changed their lines for tomorrows game. nikky z is with dubi and prucha. i like that line.

Markus Naslund-Scott Gomez-Lauri Korpikoski
Nigel Dawes-Chris Drury-Ryan Callahan
Petr Prucha-Brandon Dubinsky-Nikolai Zherdev
Fredrik Sjostrom-Blair Betts-Colton Orr

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 09:13 AM
KayZee13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger49 View Post
Thats been my whole point all along. Why haven't we given Fritsche a chance since he has been here? When/if they ever do they need to understand that a chance doesn't mean play him once a week either. There are alot of guys making good money on this team and not bringing their game every night. Lets see what we got with Fritsche and if he can help our team before we just trade him or something. I know one thing for sure, this kid brings it and gives 110% every time he is on the ice. He is also a solid two way player, the kind of player that NYR fans like to watch play.
There you go! A fan with a clue! Thank you for that post!

KayZee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 08:43 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougmustgo* View Post
Why haven't we given Fritsche a chance since he has been here?
I want to turn the tables.

Why do you think Fritsche isn't playing if it is not because the powers that be believe he doesn't deserve it?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 09:48 PM
AXN

With Prucha gaining his scoring back there is little chance Fritsche will be back in the lineup.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 03:06 PM
mrichard

parenteau

mrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 06:03 PM
gravytrain6t

how come rissmiller is playing for the wolf pack but Fritche is not?

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote