Öhman, Widing, Burström

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2004, 08:51 AM
Predatore

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Predatore
Öhman, Widing, Burström

I'm curious to know how they have been doing this season.
I know their stats but I wonder if they have really contributed, worked hard etc.. Well basically any info you can give me.
Also is there a special reason for Burström's terrible numbers after being 'traded' to Jokerit?
thanks guys!

Old
03-04-2004, 11:51 PM
Flonaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatore
I'm curious to know how they have been doing this season.
I know their stats but I wonder if they have really contributed, worked hard etc.. Well basically any info you can give me.
Also is there a special reason for Burström's terrible numbers after being 'traded' to Jokerit?
thanks guys!
Öhman has been excellent, even surpassing Tappara icons Ojanen & Barkov in their center rankings. An excellent season all-around for him.

Burström couldn't hit the side of a barn if he was standing two feet from it. He started out as HPK's #2 center slowly drifting towards the 4th line because of his inefficiency. Now he's Jokerit's #4 center. Nothing wrong with his work ethic, he's played hard all along. You just can't slot him any higher than on the 4th line because he won't score a point if his life depended on it.

Widing has been decent and really picked up his play in January and February. Playing on a team like Pelicans means you really can't shine even if you played well. A good season for Widing though, could've scored more considering he got tons of ice time.

Old
03-05-2004, 12:37 AM
eh

Send a message via ICQ to eh Send a message via MSN to eh Send a message via Yahoo to eh
I really don't how it's possible that Burström could've been a 2nd line center in Sweden and how he scored the points he did there is way beyond me. As Flo said, there's nothing wrong with his work ethic, but he doesn't have hands at all. Also, he tries hard, but doesn't really play hard enough to be even a good 4th line center. Still waiting for him not to pass an opportunity to throw a hit... Completely useless, but Jokerit did have a shortage of centers and now with Filppula out for the season, it's even worse.

Old
03-05-2004, 05:43 AM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
much appreciated guys, thank you!

Old
03-06-2004, 08:11 AM
Kronblom

Anders Burström...

I´m not at all surprised by his performance in Finland, we all knew that he sucks. He´s playing in Finland because no other team in Sweden wanted to sign him with all these transfer-fees.

I´m more surprised that he played for Team Sweden two years ago.

Closed Thread