HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Look at 6 of our top 9 forwards

Old
12-15-2008, 12:25 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'm not a panic guy but damn I hate when people use 'we're better than last year in the standings'...yes, that's great, don't use it as an excuse. It's a fact(On the standings anyway), overall, we're better, but honestly, it's starting to get old, like this team has nothing to tweak or adjust. Our PP isn't sharp, team toughness is questionable and so on. Love the team, i'm not complaining, just that isn't a valid arguement for every single thing. "Halak and Price get run over all the time"...."But..but...we have more points than last year..."
I've never said we have nothing to adjust. But the answer is definately within the organisation... the answer is not shaking the team up.

Facts are facts, and a fact is that when our power play gets going, I don't think there will be any huge problem about this team.

It's not like we're getting dominated night in night out for god sake.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 12:28 AM
CPrice

vCash: 500
I'd rather our PP suck now and be great in the playoffs. Last year we were first on the PP and when the playoffs came around I believe by the second round we dropped to last (let me know if I'm wrong

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 12:34 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimminsTheStorm View Post
I've never said we have nothing to adjust. But the answer is definately within the organisation... the answer is not shaking the team up.

Facts are facts, and a fact is that when our power play gets going, I don't think there will be any huge problem about this team.

It's not like we're getting dominated night in night out for god sake.
I wasn't directly referring to you, more in general. But since you replied...

Is the answer in the organization? Maybe it is. Maybe andrei on the point will bring us to 15th in the league in PP. Improvement? Yes. But with 9 top 6 forwards on our team, with such a skilled team, that's dissapointing just the same. Weber isn't NHL ready just yet, or he would already be up. One can argue the team has been under achieving and everyone just needs to step up. That's highly likely, but what if they don't? it's not always as easy as it seems. People say "if they score a blowout game they'll get their confidence back"...well, how about scoring two against washington first? I do believe we have a lot of of untapped potential in this team, we should be playing better, but at same time, increasing our options, like a triggerman on the point whos a top 4 dman doesn't hurt. Revamping the team? No thanks, adding a piece? sure. At this point, if we're all healthy we have capable players scratched, might as well trade what we don't need for an upgrade. We have great depth, so much it doesn't fit into out line-up, at the point, it's quality that matters. I wouldn't be surprised for a trade, but im not begging for one either.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote