HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ville Peltonen sign HC Lugano(Nationalliga A)

Old
12-15-2008, 04:30 AM
SOKOL

vCash: 500
Ville Peltonen sign HC Lugano(Nationalliga A)

http://www.solohockey.com/aa_pagine_...o=14&idtipo=28

According to Swiss sources, Florida Panthers forward Ville Peltonen will leave after his contract expires and sign with HC Lugano of the Nationalliga A for the 2009-2010 season.

SOKOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 04:35 AM
God
Free Citizen

It isn't too surprising if it's true. A lot of guys like him just don't really fit on NHL teams anymore.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 04:53 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
It isn't too surprising if it's true. A lot of guys like him just don't really fit on NHL teams anymore.
See him play lately? He's not been lighting the lamp a ton, but Pelts does all the "little" things right. I'd be sad to see him go, but with guys like Repik and Matthias playing the way they are, I'd understand the Panthers not trying too hard to bring him back.

I'm sure part of it is his wanting to finish his career over there.

12-15-2008, 11:17 AM
4rde

Ville had great time in the Swiss league couple years ago... So i guess that wouldnt be a surprise. But to me Ville has always been shorthanded expert / forechecker in the NHL although he has good scoring potential and in other leagues he is scoring pretty good numbers but as of now i think Ville is finally getting the hang of NHL type of attacking (he is getting more points than ever atm).

Important guy in WC for Finland and puts up alot points there becose coach knows he can put Ville in the first line.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 03:10 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
See him play lately? He's not been lighting the lamp a ton, but Pelts does all the "little" things right. I'd be sad to see him go, but with guys like Repik and Matthias playing the way they are, I'd understand the Panthers not trying too hard to bring him back.

I'm sure part of it is his wanting to finish his career over there.
Well, exactly. Bulis is pretty much the same type of player; they don't put up points, but they do a ton of little things that a 3rd liner would do. Good 3rd liners come at a price and unless they're elite, NHL teams would much rather pick up some cheap guys.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Well, exactly. Bulis is pretty much the same type of player; they don't put up points, but they do a ton of little things that a 3rd liner would do. Good 3rd liners come at a price and unless they're elite, NHL teams would much rather pick up some cheap guys.
He's been clicking with Campbell and Dvorak. During the recent hot streak, they were actually our top line, but that was due to the injuries.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Sens Nation

Quote:

You should of seen how he played against the Sens in their 4-3 OT win. He played awesome all game long.

Sens Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 12:34 AM
HOCKEYGOON

Guess he'll be dealt at the trade deadline then.

HOCKEYGOON is offline   Reply With Quote