HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Official Gameday Thread: New York Islanders vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (7:30 PM)

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2004, 01:51 AM
skully

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C.
I think anyone whose team hasn't won a Cup since the days of the Kennedy administration really shouldn't be throwing stones in glass houses. Ahem.
Why so cocky? Your team has not won a cup in 20 Years!!! That is nothing to be proud of. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

PS. I bet you the Leafs will win their next Cup before the Isles do.

PSS. The Isles will never even get close to winning a Cup with Melonheadbury running the show.

Old
03-06-2004, 04:16 AM
Capt Reynolds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skully
Why so cocky? Your team has not won a cup in 20 Years!!! That is nothing to be proud of. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

PS. I bet you the Leafs will win their next Cup before the Isles do.

PSS. The Isles will never even get close to winning a Cup with Melonheadbury running the show.
I'm not being cocky, I was simply pointing out the unearned cockiness of the other poster. I agree with your PSS sentiment, we will not win anything with Milbury at the helm.

As for your PS about the Leafs winning a Cup again before us, only if they win it this year. If not, by the time the NHL returns after the CBA Wars your team will be too old to make a real run as constituted. And even if they win it this year, that will be, what, thirty five years between Cups? The Isles will still have a decade to get their next Cup before matching the Leaf's futility!

Closed Thread