We're 0-6-5-0 on the second night of back-to-back nights this season, and 0-1-2-0 against the Kings this season. We had a strong start against the Ducks, but I thought we finished the game poorly. The Kings are going to be hungry for any points they can get, and I'd say we're looking like a nice meal.
Looks like my prediction was blown out of the water last night. I'll go with 2-1 Kings. After all these trades and with all the players not knowing their future before the deadline I think that will be hard to play with. Wild goal by Zyuzin.
I enjoyed that one, though. I was worried it was going to be pretty bad at the end of the first, but things turned around for us.
Late-night, need-sleep highlights:
1) Daigle's backcheck on that odd man rush.. either I was half-asleep and seeing things, or he flat out flew back up the ice.
2) Daigle and Bouchard's passing... nice stuff...especially towards the net.
3) Bouchard's assist on Wiemer's goal... that's the Bouchard I've been waiting to see.. very patient, nifty pass through a defenseman.
4) Gaborik's forecheck and generally agressive play toward the puck.
5) Veilleux's hustle. Sooner or later he's going to make something happen that leads to points.
6) Kuba and Schultz's back-to-back giveaways right in the slot. Oh wait, that's not really a highlight. (not really fair to just pick on those two.. I saw a lot of questionable D-man moves tonight. Most of them had good bits, too... it evened out, I suppose.)
The biggest low-light: The power play. Holy smokes was that ugly. Coaches will start telling their guys to intentionally take penalties on us if we don't turn that thing around.
Hey Cebs! Just imagine a Veilleux- Walls- Wan line!
I don't know, there is a lot of hype coming from certain Houston fans (wink wink, koala ), but I'm yet to be impressed by this line. They started the preseason together, but were broken up after 3 games or so. They had some good chemistry and hussle going at times, but that was about it. I expected to see a bit more from the top line of the Calder Cup team. Wanvig I like, Vellieux as well, but I haven't been impressed by Wallin at all yet. Granted, I've only seen him about 5 or 6 times, but I'm not sold on this guy to say the least. Now, I'm all for giving the kids a green light, but right now I can't imagine that they are any better then any of our current lines. Maybe in a couple of years...