HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Sundin Talk - TSN: Sundin to Sign with Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2008, 06:21 PM
hlundqvist30*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
Would Rags consider Redden and Rissmiller for Kesler, Burrows and Ohlund? If Ohlund won't waive his NTC then Vancouver could make it Kesler, Burrows and Vancouver's 2009 first round pick.

Oh my god.. I'll give you our 1st rounder also! Done!

Old
12-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Legs Feed the Wolf

Quote:
Would Rags consider Redden and Rissmiller for Kesler, Burrows and Ohlund? If Ohlund won't waive his NTC then Vancouver could make it Kesler, Burrows and Vancouver's 2009 first round pick.

ina heart beat

Old
12-15-2008, 06:23 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:

If only you were serious...you aren't...are you?

Don't toy with my fragile emotions like that.

Old
12-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Larry Melnyk

If true, I love the Move for Sundin..Shows balls and in the era of FA you gotta go for it rather then cling to middle of the road aspirations...

Sundin as a big bodied first liner and PP man will have a huge trickle down effect and allow other players to take upon roles more suitable for them (i.e., Cally as a 3rd liner)...It will give us a good mixx of a kids and vets also..

However, this is not the total answer...I don't see any of the big names leaving..And whether we get rid of a Rosy or Redden (I think it's doubtful) we will still need a D-man (probably a pending FA) at the trade deadline ...Also, with Sundin we now have another star up front and, despite his size, it would be nice for the Rangers to bring in a little bit more size /grit for physical support (dealing Sjostrom would be perfect!)....

be intersting to see what happens...I see Prucha and Fritsche (or maybe we bite the bullet on Betts if we have to even if i like him) being waived, dealt for picks or sent down....Ditto with Kalinin (Perry or ?? taking his place for now)...I also see Korp being sent down to hartford until late in the year..Probably another move, by I don't know what!

No matter what, very interesting!

Old
12-15-2008, 06:24 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:

Can you say that again? Absolutely!!!!!!!

Old
12-15-2008, 06:28 PM
AXN

If you take out Prucha, Kalinin, Fritsche and Korpikoski you have 5.5 million available.

Korpikoski could be sent down for another year.

Lineup
Naslund Sundin Zherdev
Dawes Gomez Drury
Voros Dubinsky Callahan
Sjostrom Betts Orr

Redden Girardi
Mara Rozsival
Staal Potter

Lundqvist
Valiquette

Old
12-15-2008, 06:28 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:

Why in gods name would Vancouver do that. Makes no sense

Old
12-15-2008, 06:29 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

I'd personally pack all their bags and do the driving.

Old
12-15-2008, 06:30 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
I love how everyone sees this as the instant solution to all of our problems. Sundin is old, hasn't played in 6 months, and IMO wasn't even that good last season. Hopefully his contract won't handcuff us further, and hopefully I'm wrong about his play - but the way things have gone lately for this team, I doubt it.
This is clearly an uninformed opinion. Sundin had his best season in years last year. And that's saying a lot because he's been consistently pretty good.

Old
12-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

If this is true, which I believe it is, I hope the lineup is somewhere like this.

Naslund-Sundin-Drury
Dubinsky-Gomez-Zherdev
Dawes-Korpikoski-Callahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr
Prucha

Redden-Girardi
Mara-Staal
Kalinin-Potter

Lundqvist
Vally

--Trade Rosy and Fritsche.

Old
12-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Macke*

Get ready for disappointment with this article...it's a jynx.

Old
12-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I love how everyone sees this as the instant solution to all of our problems. Sundin is old, hasn't played in 6 months, and IMO wasn't even that good last season. Hopefully his contract won't handcuff us further, and hopefully I'm wrong about his play - but the way things have gone lately for this team, I doubt it.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8451774

Old
12-15-2008, 06:34 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

He needs to just make his mind up, i am tired of this.

What i will say is if Sundin signs for the Rangers i think he will play out this season then resign in the off season on another 1 yr deal.

Old
12-15-2008, 06:35 PM
levski87

Sign Sundin and Shanny, then I can say this team looks like a decent contender.

Old
12-15-2008, 06:36 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
All these proposals look good right now...(and yes, its possible to make Sundin work without moving a big contract- you guys are forgetting we only need to fit a pro-rated salary. ie: 3-4 mil) but what are we going to do when this year is over? We have zero big contracts coming off the books next year, and the cap is going down, and we need to sign Zherdev and Dubinsky (or replacements).

Trading Gomez or Drury is not an option for Sather. You guys are nuts if you think either of these guys will be moved. Redden or Rozsival will not be traded because no one in thier right mind would pick up thier contracts.

Conclusion- If we sign Sudin, were a powerhouse this year but are screwed next year. If we dont sign him, we keep what we have and are still screwed next year. I say go for it this is our year to win the cup!

Old
12-15-2008, 06:37 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
All these proposals look good right now...(and yes, its possible to make Sundin work without moving a big contract- you guys are forgetting we only need to fit a pro-rated salary. ie: 3-4 mil) but what are we going to do when this year is over? We have zero big contracts coming off the books next year, and the cap is going down, and we need to sign Zherdev and Dubinsky (or replacements).

Trading Gomez or Drury is not an option for Sather. You guys are nuts if you think either of these guys will be moved. Redden or Rozsival will not be traded because no one in thier right mind would pick up thier contracts.

Conclusion- If we sign Sudin, were a powerhouse this year but are screwed next year. If we dont sign him, we keep what we have and are still screwed next year. I say go for it this is our year to win the cup!
He will go on a one year deal. AS for resigning Zherdev/Dubi, we can hope they dont get money hungry. We do have Mara and Kalinin coming off the books.

Rozy will get moved eventually, theres no way thsi team keeps him or Redden.

Old
12-15-2008, 06:38 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Honestly I don't think anyone will want to pick up Prucha. With his salary and production, I don't think anyone would pick him up.
I don't know, didn't JD love Prucha? Could St. Louis use him?

Old
12-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
I don't think he's a solution to our problems. However, which is worse, the fact that he had a bad season, or the fact that his bad season still would have been good enough for first on our team in goals and points last year?

Old
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdicks View Post
just to let you guys know (im a leafs fan) and this statement from fan 590 is a very credible source... it is our top sports radio station in toronto and mccown is a well respected sports radio guy... i am 99% sure this is a sure thing if bob moccown reported it.. im glad to see him go to the rangers tho because i can cheer for the rangers more than i could cheer any of the other front runners for his service
I believe it just because in Toronto, they eat, sleep, drink, play, and talk everything hockey. Which is in no way a bad thing.

Old
Legs Feed the Wolf

trade roszival for anyone

trade prucha for jamie lundmark

waive kalinen..bring up potter or fahey

Old
12-15-2008, 06:44 PM
nevesis

Quote:
I completely agree. Sundin will not fix the problems this team has. I wouldn't mind the addition, given we trash some of our trash, but we are still far away from doing any damage long term with this team.

Old
12-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Roszival is easily movable along with Gomez. It's Drury and Redden that are unmovable.

Old
12-15-2008, 06:48 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Roszival is easily movable along with Gomez. It's Drury and Redden that are unmovable.
Gomez is not "easily movable". No one is going to want his contract, and I'm pretty sure Sather isnt even considering trading him...

Mark my words, Scott Gomez will be a Ranger for the next 6 years.

Old
12-15-2008, 06:49 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
I don't know, didn't JD love Prucha? Could St. Louis use him?
Potentially but no one is going to part with an asset knowing that the Rangers will probably place him on waivers any way. Why trade a pick or player and then pay roughly 1 Million in salary the rest of the year when you can simply claim him on waivers and pay his salary if you're interested. Basically the Rangers have tipped their hand some what and your not gonna see any of Prucha, Fritsche etc. traded for individually.

Old
12-15-2008, 06:50 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZherdeV View Post
I completely agree. Sundin will not fix the problems this team has. I wouldn't mind the addition, given we trash some of our trash, but we are still far away from doing any damage long term with this team.
He probably won't fix this huge problems. BUT, like I said before with others, signing SUndin allows Druiry and Gomez to go down into lesser roles, roles that suit them more.

Drury can pick up his production along with Gomez

Naslund-Sundin-Drury
Dubi-Gomez-Zherdev
Cally-Korpedo-Voros
Sjo-Betts-Orr

Closed Thread