HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Repik, Matthias re-assigned; Horton, Zednik, Booth activated

Old
12-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Without Weiss it wont matter.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Georgia Panther

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
What's to assume GP? That was plan A, it didn't work, partly, imo, due to Horton himself. His lazy attitiude doesn't help anything. Of course, I don't know that I heard DeBoer's idea on what he expected from Horton...this is his team.

To me, this is just another attempt to knock Martin, and it's kindof weak. While we need help, the "growing kids" part of your post didn't seem to take into account how well we've played WITH "the kids." This is also another etup for you to tell us how Vokoun need to go for Spezza. You're predictable my man, terribly predictable.
Consistency is a virtue, not a curse, unless you're consistent like the Cats in being consistently out of the Playoffs!

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:03 PM
sinDer

From Georges Richard:

"Richard Zednik working on a line with Kamil Kreps and Michael Frolik; CPR Line is back; Brett McLean centered the other line with Nick Tarnasky and Anthony Stewart.

If Weiss returns, he'll be with Booth and Horton. We'll see what happens tomorrow."

Where's Stillman???

and BTW...Frolik playing with Zednik...I don't like that, not at all

Having Frolik being creative in attack and making good plays is useless if the guy who has to finish is Zednik

sinDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:14 PM
PanthersRule96

What the hell? Frolik with Zed and Kreps????? That's so horrible. He's been on fire lately and now they're putting him with zero-finish Zednik? He should be on one of the top lines and someone like Horton should be playing there until he demonstrates some fire.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Georgia Panther

That's the problem with having one scoring line center. After Booth and Horton, all the other wingers are playing with checking line centers that will decrease not enhance their scoring opportunities.

Old
12-16-2008, 02:36 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I think Zednik is the only player in NHL history to literally take scoring chances away from his own team. He does the same stupid wrap around move that never works. Frolik's talent is wasted with a guy like Zednik on his line. When healthy our top-6 should be this:

Booth-Weiss-Frolik
Stillman-Kreps-Horton

Stillman and Horton have great chemistry together and Kreps is more than serviceable between those two, and Booth and Weiss have great chemistry as well, with Frolik just being as amazing as he is.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
What the hell? Frolik with Zed and Kreps????? That's so horrible. He's been on fire lately and now they're putting him with zero-finish Zednik? He should be on one of the top lines and someone like Horton should be playing there until he demonstrates some fire.
I agree. Put Horton on the 4th line until he proves he's gonna show up and try.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:25 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I agree. Put Horton on the 4th line until he proves he's gonna show up and try.
I don't know about putting Horton fourth line, but I do agree he needs to earn his icetime. His quotes were optimistic recently and they were nice to hear when he spoke about how the team has really come together and everyone's working hard. He notices at least, so hopefully he can get charged up himself. Frolik and Weiss have really been our best two forwards on this recent stretch. Frolik has over a PPG in his last ten games or something like that, and now you're going to waste his talent by putting him with Zednik? I think today's Frolik could possibly look good with Horton because Michael's really good at hitting the open man with the puck and also creates chances out of nothing. It would take some pressure off Horton in playing with someone like today's Frolik.

Old
12-16-2008, 03:37 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
I don't know about putting Horton fourth line, but I do agree he needs to earn his icetime. His quotes were optimistic recently and they were nice to hear when he spoke about how the team has really come together and everyone's working hard. He notices at least, so hopefully he can get charged up himself. Frolik and Weiss have really been our best two forwards on this recent stretch. Frolik has over a PPG in his last ten games or something like that, and now you're going to waste his talent by putting him with Zednik? I think today's Frolik could possibly look good with Horton because Michael's really good at hitting the open man with the puck and also creates chances out of nothing. It would take some pressure off Horton in playing with someone like today's Frolik.
Yah Frolik will find Horton wide about but he'll take aboout 10-15 seconds before shooting.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:44 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
Yah Frolik will find Horton wide about but he'll take aboout 10-15 seconds before shooting.
It's better than Frolik finding Zednik only to have Zed miss the pass off his stick or shooting the puck right into the goalie's chest/missing the net.

Old
12-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
weiss has a good chance of playing thursday.... per GR also Vokoun in net.

Bure1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
... per GR also Vokoun in net.
Boo....but understandable. Question is:If he loses Thursday, who plays Sunday against Colorado and wouldn't it have been better to stay with Andy until he had a string of bad games rather than playing goalie roulette?

Old
12-16-2008, 04:42 PM
jal2155

I wouldn't have activated any of these players; I wouldn't have dressed even Stillman for the last game. Why fix what isn't broken? If we're winning with Repik, Matthias and Glass in the lineup, why change it? Now, if we start going on a 3-game losing streak, send them down. But there's just no reason to toy with that works.

jal2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:48 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Going by what Ive read so far, and what DeBoer said today, the lines look like:

Booth - Weiss - Horton
CPR line
Zednik/Stillman - Kreps - Frolik
Stewy - McLean - Tanarsky

While I like the Express line together, I fee that Frolik produces with Booth and Weiss well, and having Horton play a different line will really give us better production.

As Ive said before, Id rather see:

Booth - Weiss - Frolik
Stillman - Kreps - Horton
CPR Line
Stewy - McLean - Zednik/Tanarsky

I think its much better production from the top two lines, with the CPR line following that. Even the bottom line has some ability as well. I just dont see the benefit of putting Frolik on a line with Zednik and Kreps. Nothing against the two, but the guy deserves top two line play.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Hit Somebody

Well, while the team is playing as good as it is, Booth is needed for his hard work and effort as well as he is our leading goal scorer. Stillman deserves to come back and provide the veteran leadership.
As for Horton, he needs to earn his ice time and see if he fits in. He is the peice to all this that can spoil the soup!

Hit Somebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:51 PM
zeroG

Quote:
better get PDB on the line; he must not have really given it any thought, eh? good thing we have the posters on hfboards to straighten him out.

seriously, i understand questioning things but remarks like this just make me laugh.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Boo....but understandable. Question is:If he loses Thursday, who plays Sunday against Colorado and wouldn't it have been better to stay with Andy until he had a string of bad games rather than playing goalie roulette?
I think going with both goalies is a good option to have. Neither one of them will get too cold by not seeing action, and if either has a great streak, he can be the guy for a while. If either guy loses thursday you are looking at the same problem; if Andy were to play and lose, the team would also have to decide who plays Sunday; I guess I don't see it as that big of a problem.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 05:02 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
better get PDB on the line; he must not have really given it any thought, eh? good thing we have the posters on hfboards to straighten him out.

seriously, i understand questioning things but remarks like this just make me laugh.
as a quick PS - anybody ever stop and say "hmm, this guy PDB knows a little () more about hockey than me - wonder what he's up to?"???

Old
12-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukboy5kroner View Post
I think going with both goalies is a good option to have. Neither one of them will get too cold by not seeing action, and if either has a great streak, he can be the guy for a while. If either guy loses thursday you are looking at the same problem; if Andy were to play and lose, the team would also have to decide who plays Sunday; I guess I don't see it as that big of a problem.
I think you're right, that's the issue here. You can't let Vokoun get too cold. If it were up to me, I'd have played Andy against the Canes and put Vokoun in against the Avs regardless of Andy's performance, but yeah, it's the same idea, we gotta keep Vokoun as fresh as possible with only 2 games in 10 days.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
as a quick PS - anybody ever stop and say "hmm, this guy PDB knows a little () more about hockey than me - wonder what he's up to?"???
Don't be insane, it's all nepotism, cronyism, and the fact that all 30 teams blackballed me because of my wild ideas in my early years. In peewee hockey I decided to play a system with 3 defensemen and 2 forwards, wherein one of the D-men stood to the side of the goalie to employ a wall. Our team would never take the puck into the offensive zone, instead choosing to catch the opponent off guard by firing all shots from the neutral zone. Hey, call me crazy, but it worked that one time.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 05:53 PM
sinDer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal2155 View Post
I wouldn't have activated any of these players; I wouldn't have dressed even Stillman for the last game. Why fix what isn't broken? If we're winning with Repik, Matthias and Glass in the lineup, why change it? Now, if we start going on a 3-game losing streak, send them down. But there's just no reason to toy with that works.
C'mon...

How dumb would Deboer looks to have Horton, Stillman and Booth as healthy scratchs if the team scores a total of 0 goal next game

It makes no sense to bench you're best players even if the team is playing well without them

sinDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 06:19 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:

Statistically, Frolik has been our best player in the last 9 games (11 pts in that span). So whilst i see the need to integrate Horton and co back into the lineup (as they our better forwards), why does our most productive player get relegated?

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 06:31 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Statistically, Frolik has been our best player in the last 9 games (11 pts in that span). So whilst i see the need to integrate Horton and co back into the lineup (as they our better forwards), why does our most productive player get relegated?
can you not come up with a reason? put yourself in PDB's shoes. i can think of one easy one off the top of my head.

Old
12-16-2008, 06:36 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
can you not come up with a reason? put yourself in PDB's shoes. i can think of one easy one off the top of my head.
Period of Frolik's PPG pace = large amount of winning games for us.

Period before, just meh. So far, he is the only player to be at a PPG pace over a span of 10 games for us this year.

Sure Horton/Stillman and Zednik are bigger names, more experience, but surely with an Offense such as ours, you have to give the guy who is producing more ice time.

If anybody at this point can give me a valid reason for Frolik not being a top 6 forward for us, i'd really to hear it.

I believe Horton has massive potential, and obviously he should and will see large minutes, but i don't understand breaking up Frolik and Weiss.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
I wouldn't want to move either Horton or Frolik from their natural position and since both are RW, I don't see them being together.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote