HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Cbl

Old
12-15-2008, 08:27 PM
leaky37

vCash: 500
Tor - Cbl

To Tor:
D, Cody Goloubef
LW, Tom Sestito
2nd/or 3rd Rnd Pick 09'

To Clb:
D, Dmitri Vorobiev
LW, Alexei Ponikarovsky

Breakdown. I figure Vorobiev and Goloubef could be straight up, both are high on the depth charts. Vorobiev is 4th on the Leafs and Goloubef is 6th on the Jackets,and Ponikarovsky for Sestito and a pick. I believe this is pretty fair. Toronto gets younger and a pick while the Blue Jackets are getting another big forward to play with Nash and create space for him. Any additions or subtractions are welcome.

leaky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 08:39 PM
My Sweet Shadow

I know a lot about Vorobiev, but how about some background on Goloubef? Given that he is a high prospect...I think this trade is pretty close if the leafs go the rebuilding route.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 09:16 PM
leaky37

Goloubef is an intelligent defenseman blessed with superb offensive skills and displays tremendous poise with the puck. He possesses a big shot and can get it to the net. He has excellent on-ice vision, follows plays very well and has little trouble finding and getting passes to his teammates. In addition, he can make really nice outlet passes. While his decisions with the puck are very good, he’ll need to be able to make them quicker to have success both at the collegiate level and beyond.
Goloubef is a wonderful skater, combining good speed with powerful yet fluid strides. Goloubef possesses good size and as his body matures the lack of strength issue should be addressed as well. While he is not a particularly physical player, Goloubef won’t shy away from playing the body when necessary. He thinks and understands the game remarkably well for such a young player. His ability to adjust and adapt to virtually any type of situation is also quite good.Goloubef plays a relatively simple yet effective defensive game. His willingness to be a part of the offensive rush rarely comes at the expense of his defensive responsibilities

leaky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Obama

I like it, leafs do this trade

Obama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 09:45 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
why does columbus do goloubef for vorobiev? They just drafted him this year, no?

Unless columbus really wants poni, and burke demands cody, they dont consider this.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Machinae

Vorobiev isn't coming over. Give me a break dude he's not worth anything.

Poni for Sestito and a 3rd might do it.

Machinae is offline   Reply With Quote