HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rivalries

Old
12-16-2008, 02:25 AM
The Kult

vCash: 500
Rivalries

Not gonna make this a poll just say the team

Being an Avs fan I will always see the Red Wings as the greatest rival. But past few years the rivalry has died off between the players.

So the question is, who do you now consider to be the Avs biggest rival?
The divisional rivalries are a given and I see Minnesota and Vancouver as the biggest rivalries within the division.

The past few games against the Kings have been a blast to watch and the games have been more physical then against other teams. With the hit on Foote this year, and Svatos and Smyth last year, as well as Smyth stabbing Laberbera with his stick last year make it seem like there is tension between the 2 teams.

So LA has my vote

who you got?

PS: Im new so if this subject has been posted before Im sorry but Im not scrolling through pages to find one.

The Kult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:33 AM
18Mike18

Canucks

18Mike18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 813
I still hate the RedWings more than any other team, but the rivalry between the Avs and Mother Canuckers is fresher.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 09:24 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
The saddest rivalry is the one between the AVs fans and management/coaches. We tend to not cut them much slack and they tend to make decisions as if they were just trying to piss us off.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Thuro

The answer will be different depending on whether I'm talking about teams I believe the Avs have a legit rivalry with versus teams I despise.

The Red Wings top the despised list, but I'm not so sure the Avs have a rivalry with them any more....we just haven't been competitive with them of late. I would say our rivalries look some like this. at least for me:

1. Vancouver - In division, still dislike many of their fans reaction to the Steve Moore incident.

2. Calgary - In division, Phaneuf and Bertloozer makes me want to hurl...things. Only a purely classes organization hires Bertsleezy

3. Minnesota - In division, had some intersting playoff series against them in over the years

4. Los Angeles - Some tough games and questionable play. Seems like we always come out of games with them with some bad blood.

Most Hated:

1. Detroit - Just don't like them, never will
2. Vancouver - See above
3. Calgary - See above
4. LA

Thuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 10:33 AM
quesosauce

teams i hate the most are the Wings, the Penguins, and the Flames

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 01:03 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

It's nice being able to butcher Vancouver once or twice a month

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

The Wings have the aggravating factors of having some hardware to fuel their arrogance and are overrunning our city because their home has become an uninhabitable ****hole.

The Canucks... there was a line about Samuel Goldwyn "You had to stand in line to hate him." Seems like anyone with expose to the Canucks can't stand them which waters down any archrivalry. Between their disgusting behavior and the incessant whining they are doing yeoman's work closing that gap.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Mant*

Avs fans who blame it all on the goalie.

versus

Avs fans who recognize that the entire team plays badly and loses because of it.

There's the true rivalry.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 06:54 AM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
Avs fans who blame it all on the goalie.

versus

Avs fans who recognize that the entire team plays badly and loses because of it.

There's the true rivalry.
What about Clark and Arnason?

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Forsbergwannabe

I think the Dallas Stars deserve a mention in this thread since we had quite a few playoff series against them the last 10 years and I personally always hated them.
It has kinda died out like the Red Wings rivalry but those 99 and 00 playoff defeats are still painfully clear in my mind.

Forsbergwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 700
No idea. The 3 Canadian teams in the NW have the hate all amongst themselves, and it's hard to work up anything more than boredom in regards to Minnesota.

Detroit and Dallas are yesterday, and while I still don't like them at all, the rivalries there are pretty dead.

LA is probably the team with which we have the most emotion at present. It's not quite bad blood, but it's simmering pretty well, and has some history. Still, it isn't something that stirs a lot of passion.

But all it'll take is for a playoff series to turn ugly and voila! New rivalry. But until Colorado becomes a force to be reckoned with again that may be a few years. Hard to breed hate when you only go so far...

Hennessy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:14 AM
quesosauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
No idea. The 3 Canadian teams in the NW have the hate all amongst themselves, and it's hard to work up anything more than boredom in regards to Minnesota.

Detroit and Dallas are yesterday, and while I still don't like them at all, the rivalries there are pretty dead.

LA is probably the team with which we have the most emotion at present. It's not quite bad blood, but it's simmering pretty well, and has some history. Still, it isn't something that stirs a lot of passion.

But all it'll take is for a playoff series to turn ugly and voila! New rivalry. But until Colorado becomes a force to be reckoned with again that may be a few years. Hard to breed hate when you only go so far...
That minnesota series last year was a pretty good pot-stirrer in my opinion. We got under their skin that one game, and they showed that they cant compete with our tenacity in the playoffs, i'm not quite sure if it has all the parts to be a "rivalry" but if we were to face them in the playoff this year it could get interesting

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post

The rivalries are dead. Some bad blood here and there, but that's about it.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote