HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos/cbj

Old
12-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Xoggz22

vCash: 500
I would absolutely love Bergeron in Columbus but the reality is if...IF...Boston trades him it will be in the off season. No need to trade him now or at the deadline unless they felt a Jay Bo trade (and ultimate re-signing) would be there.

From Columbus I could see a starting point of a 1st round pick, Mayorov and a guy like Boll, Dorsett or Sestito going the other way. Before I get flamed, although he ultimately wasn't a first round pick, Mayorov has very high value. Expected to be a top 20 pick in the 2007 draft he dropped like a rock because he wasn't expected to come to North America. That he did makes taking him as a 4th round pick a coup for Howson. From some of the reports we've had from our minor league friends in Syracuse, Mayorov appears to have as good a skill set as Filatov but is bigger, stronger and a little more polished. Both will be excellent players - or expected to be. A big winger with top line potential I think we have the depth to trade a piece like that.

Granted Filatov has the draft status and also looks to be a top player but will need some time. As for Boll, Dorsett or Sestito I don't think Columbus wants to get rid of any of them but unfortunately none plays center and they all have a similar game with Sestito having the big frame, soft hands and can fight.

I don't see it happening but it's a place to start. Flame away....

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I would absolutely love Bergeron in Columbus but the reality is if...IF...Boston trades him it will be in the off season. No need to trade him now or at the deadline unless they felt a Jay Bo trade (and ultimate re-signing) would be there.

From Columbus I could see a starting point of a 1st round pick, Mayorov and a guy like Boll, Dorsett or Sestito going the other way. Before I get flamed, although he ultimately wasn't a first round pick, Mayorov has very high value. Expected to be a top 20 pick in the 2007 draft he dropped like a rock because he wasn't expected to come to North America. That he did makes taking him as a 4th round pick a coup for Howson. From some of the reports we've had from our minor league friends in Syracuse, Mayorov appears to have as good a skill set as Filatov but is bigger, stronger and a little more polished. Both will be excellent players - or expected to be. A big winger with top line potential I think we have the depth to trade a piece like that.

Granted Filatov has the draft status and also looks to be a top player but will need some time. As for Boll, Dorsett or Sestito I don't think Columbus wants to get rid of any of them but unfortunately none plays center and they all have a similar game with Sestito having the big frame, soft hands and can fight.

I don't see it happening but it's a place to start. Flame away....
If you want Bergeron Filatov, Voracek, or Brassard would have to be the starting point. Preferably Filatov with more bing added.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
If you want Bergeron Filatov, Voracek, or Brassard would have to be the starting point. Preferably Filatov with more bing added.
I agree and given Boston is in a position of strength here the deal is unlikely to happen. Howson has stated previously that guys like Voracek, Brassard, Filatov and Mason will not be traded. There's always a deal that would make one think they would be and this could be one but I just don't see Boston moving any of their centers right now. No need to.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Boston doesn't trade Bergeron for crap.

That is all.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:31 PM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
CBJ would definitely not trade Filatov. Voracek or Brassard are good starting points, with only a little extra to sweeten the deal.

to BOS: Voracek, 2009 2nd round pick
to CBJ: Bergeron

8thRoundPick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergy4ever View Post
CBJ would definitely not trade Filatov. Voracek or Brassard are good starting points, with only a little extra to sweeten the deal.

to BOS: Voracek, 2009 2nd round pick
to CBJ: Bergeron
Isn't CLB higher on Voracek and Brassard? I would think Filatov would be the most available of the 3.

And isn't Voracek a Center? Why would Boston dwngrade Bergeron just to add another center and a 2nd rounder?

Old
12-17-2008, 01:49 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Isn't CLB higher on Voracek and Brassard? I would think Filatov would be the most available of the 3.

And isn't Voracek a Center? Why would Boston dwngrade Bergeron just to add another center and a 2nd rounder?
Voracek plays right wing.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Brassard must play Center, right? I thought one of them did.

Old
12-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Monk

Quote:
Brassard must play Center, right? I thought one of them did.
Yes, Brass = center

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Then the proposal makes much more sene.

My bad

Old
12-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Machinae

Brassard and Voracek > Bergeron

Machinae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:33 PM
pedrospecialk

Send a message via AIM to pedrospecialk
In a year, I'll probably making that same statement. It's not far off at all.

I should probably elaborate on why. Brassard's outscored Bergeron by 5 goals and is short of him by two assists this year. They're both playing in very defensive-minded systems - remember that Bergeron's 70+pt seasons came in systems which weren't really systems. It was more like 2-1-2 forecheck pond hockey defense under Lewis/Sullivan. Which isn't to take anything away from Bergeron - he's a fine defensive player. However, if Hitchcock's shown anything, it's that if you don't play defense you're not going to play. Brule couldn't and look where he is today. Anyways, Bergeron's a great one on one defender, but being forced to have a 3rd man high in the offensive zone has proved to mitigate some of Bergeron's offensive game under Julien. Career under Claude, Bergeron's played 39 games and sports a line of 7 goals and 17 assists, and 11 of those points have been on the power play. Is it unfair to judge his production thus far so close to his concussion? Probably, and I'm more than willing to give him a full year to get back to full speed. But what us Bruins fans haven't been realizing is that after injuries like that, the original player you saw may never come back.

Bergeron's a great defensive forward right now who's struggling with subpar linemates for a guy with his ability, and it'll be interesting to revisit this discussion once Bergeron gets Sturm back on his line. However, until then, Bergeron's showed me nothing to indicate that under Claude Julien's defensive system, he's the same player who scored 70 points twice. And if he factors in on 15 less goals per year but factors in on preventing 20 more, so be it as far as I'm concerned.

Brassard and Voracek are both tremendous prospects with the ability to be PPG players - if they're playing Hitch, they've shown that they don't float when told not to. Neither of them are the player Bergeron is defensively, nor will they be, but their sheer offensive upside is IMHO higher than that of Bergeron.

Last edited by pedrospecialk: 12-17-2008 at 06:40 PM.
pedrospecialk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 07:50 PM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

I agree to the fact that Voracek or Brassard would have to be one of the players coming back in any Bergeron deal.

CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachwithoutahead View Post
To BOS:
Klesla
Tollefsen
Peca
1st in '10

Boston gets a Top-4 D-man, defensive 3 line center, a big-hitting bottom-pairing D-man and a pick.

To CBJ:
Wheeler
Krejci

Columbus gets a big 3rd line wing and an emerging 2nd line center.

I removed Tyutin from this trade because I don't think most people outside of New York or Columbus realize just how good this guy is, night in and night out. The stats definitely don't tell the whole story.
No chance a trade like this happens. None. Zip. Nada.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:48 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamD1337 View Post
I agree to the fact that Voracek or Brassard would have to be one of the players coming back in any Bergeron deal.

Unfortunately, I'm among thos who believe Bergeron will never be the same again. That makes this deal a non-starter for Columbus.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote