HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Forsberg ""If it doesn't work this time, I'll call it quits."

Old
12-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
The guy doesnt deserve a break after his dad blasted Gretzky for not retiring because of injury when Gretz had FAR less serious injury problems.
Right, everyone should be judged by their fathers actions.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:27 PM
sg12lw

think of what could have been if him and lindros both could have stayed healthy....would have been two of the all time greats traded for each other

forsberg has been dealing with foot problems since about 93-94 he said, which is pretty remarkable considering how high a level he played at his whole career on one foot

the guy is tough as nails...i missed last season due to injury and it absolutely sucks...i know how he feels sitting in the stands..it eats away at you...the fact that he keeps coming back shows his passion for the game, which is probably why he is money in the playoffs, bc he just wants it more than anybody

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

I'll believe Forsberg is serious about retiring when his number is hanging next to Roy and Bourque at Pepsi Center.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Killiecrankie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Oh great, just what hockey fans need, another attention ***** in the rumour mill. Foppa and Sundin are the new Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie.
Just go away.
Who cares what you think. Forsberg is still a great hockey player if hes healthy. How the hell is he an attention *****? You are sir are an idiot. This is a player striving to get back to doing something he loves, hes not in the front page of every newspaper.

Should think before you speak. The guy has the right to and do something he loves and when hes healthy is one of the best at it in the world.

Killiecrankie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

I can see it now: "Sundin signs with Rangers. Forsberg on his way to Broadway as well?? (e4)"

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:47 PM
excape

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
The guy doesnt deserve a break after his dad blasted Gretzky for not retiring because of injury when Gretz had FAR less serious injury problems.
Key words.

excape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:48 PM
sonny side up

i dont care what team is going to win the cup.. i hope foppa signs with them so he can get his name on it again

sonny side up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:25 PM
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind

If the Avs can sneak into the playoffs (they're in 9th right now, lots of time), this will sure look good:

Forsberg-Sakic-Hejduk
Wolski-Stastny-Svatos
Smyth-Hensick-Stewart
McCleod-Laperriere-McCormick
Arnason

Salei-Leopold
Liles-Hannen
Foote-Clark
Tjarnqvist

Budaj
Raycroft

RTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Artful_Dodger*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanker View Post
If the Avs can sneak into the playoffs (they're in 9th right now, lots of time), this will sure look good:

Forsberg-Sakic-Hejduk
Wolski-Stastny-Svatos
Smyth-Hensick-Stewart
Arnason

Salei-Leopold
Liles-Hannen
Foote-Clark
Tjarnqvist

Budaj
Raycroft
Something about this looks like the antithesis of good.

Artful_Dodger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:37 PM
iceless
-`ღ´-

Quote:

Forsberg-Sakic-Hejduk
Wolski-Stastny-Svatos
Smyth-Hensick-Stewart
Arnason

Salei-Leopold
Liles-Hannen
Foote-Clark
Tjarnqvist

Budaj
Raycroft
You better hope Budaj steps it up if the Av's make the playoffs...

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:42 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
Something about this looks like the antithesis of good.
arnason still being on the team

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:42 PM
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque View Post
You better hope Budaj steps it up if the Av's make the playoffs...
There only one point out, it's not like it's a stretch.

Old
12-16-2008, 04:43 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Not another saga.

SedinFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Matti_A

I've never been a fan of Peter Forsberg, mainly because of the obvious reason that he is a Swede, and Sweden beeing Finlands #1 rival, Peter usually is one of the biggest threats when he's facing Finland in international competition. I also never liked the fact that he was/is a bit of a whiner and his diving antics from time to time don't help.

But I just have to say I've got tonnes of newfound respect for Peter after watching him on Hockeykväll last night and hearing him talk about what he had to endure to be able to comeback once again with the Avs. Just mad respect for Peter.

I mean this guy had electrodes attached to his foot inducing electric stimuli to his foot causing it to constrict in a way that enabled him to skate properly. Bionic man indeed!

He even mentioned that it sometimes didn't really produce the desired effect during a game so he would amp it up on the bench during stoppages but once he started sweating the sweat increased the conductivity of the electrodes causing his foot to constrict too much so he was forced to go to the lockerroom to turn it down. Bizarre stuff or as Peter himself said comical!

For a guy like Peter who's won it all and to still be doing whatever it takes to get back, it's really amazing and unparalleled.

I really don't think I've ever witnessed somebody with such a burning passion and desire to play the game he loves. It borders on the insane. And you gotta admire it.

If it had been known what he went thru last season and the lenghts he went in order to make a comeback possible I think he absolutely would have been awarded with the Masterton. Talk about dedication to the sport you love!

I really feel bad for Peter since his body has taken such a massive beating already at age 35. He'll probably suffer from all kinds of ailments, relating to injuries sustained during his hockey-career, for the rest of his life.

Say what you want about Peter but you can not question his passion for the game of hockey.

Matti_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:46 PM
TheGoalJudge

If he goes through all this and then signs with Colorado or a team like Nashville... oh boy. At least sign with a big boy and go for the cup my man.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:55 PM
iceless
-`ღ´-

Quote:
There only one point out, it's not like it's a stretch.
I probably should have phrased it better... I meant, during the playoffs, not in the regular season.

A solid, 1A goalie is the only thing holding your team back from being a Western Conference favourite.

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 05:03 PM
yarre

I want to see him retire... I love to watch him and he is probably my favorite player of all-time but this is just madness... There is a life after hockey and he can't destroy his body because of something he is obsessed about.

yarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 05:09 PM
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind

Quote:
I probably should have phrased it better... I meant, during the playoffs, not in the regular season.

A solid, 1A goalie is the only thing holding your team back from being a Western Conference favourite.
Oh, I agree. But there should be 2-3 goalies available by the deadline (Toskala, Vokoun, Khabibulin....), not top goalies, but there are a number of options. Budaj is still a decent goalie, he could get hot like Theodore did.

Old
12-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1000
Quote:
I don't know how much attention you've been paying to the Avs, but right now what's holding them back isn't goaltending, it's their mysterious lack of offensive production.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Roman Tanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
I don't know how much attention you've been paying to the Avs, but right now what's holding them back isn't goaltending, it's their mysterious lack of offensive production.
While that may be true in the recent history.....I agree with the premise of the original poster.

Give me Vokoun and Peter, and the Avs would suddenly become intriguing.

Roman Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Roman Tanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti_A View Post
I've never been a fan of Peter Forsberg, mainly because of the obvious reason that he is a Swede, and Sweden beeing Finlands #1 rival, Peter usually is one of the biggest threats when he's facing Finland in international competition. I also never liked the fact that he was/is a bit of a whiner and his diving antics from time to time don't help.

But I just have to say I've got tonnes of newfound respect for Peter after watching him on Hockeykväll last night and hearing him talk about what he had to endure to be able to comeback once again with the Avs. Just mad respect for Peter.

I mean this guy had electrodes attached to his foot inducing electric stimuli to his foot causing it to constrict in a way that enabled him to skate properly. Bionic man indeed!

He even mentioned that it sometimes didn't really produce the desired effect during a game so he would amp it up on the bench during stoppages but once he started sweating the sweat increased the conductivity of the electrodes causing his foot to constrict too much so he was forced to go to the lockerroom to turn it down. Bizarre stuff or as Peter himself said comical!

For a guy like Peter who's won it all and to still be doing whatever it takes to get back, it's really amazing and unparalleled.

I really don't think I've ever witnessed somebody with such a burning passion and desire to play the game he loves. It borders on the insane. And you gotta admire it.

If it had been known what he went thru last season and the lenghts he went in order to make a comeback possible I think he absolutely would have been awarded with the Masterton. Talk about dedication to the sport you love!

I really feel bad for Peter since his body has taken such a massive beating already at age 35. He'll probably suffer from all kinds of ailments, relating to injuries sustained during his hockey-career, for the rest of his life.

Say what you want about Peter but you can not question his passion for the game of hockey.
Great post.

Roman Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 07:29 PM
tooocoool

best luck to forsberg.

tooocoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Hint: Sundin And Forsberg Are More Important Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Oh great, just what hockey fans need, another attention ***** in the rumour mill. Foppa and Sundin are the new Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie.
Just go away.
Just what the NHL needs...more whiny so-called "fans" who put their own personal inconveeeeenience ahead of the potential of great players returning to the game.

We'll make sure Mats and Peter take your self-important feeeeelings into consideration when making their career plans.

Get a grip on reality.

Better yet, you and your ilk ought to heed your own advice and "go away".

Imagine that. Some punk lecturing two HOFers to quit the game.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
I'm in the minority but I love Forsberg and hope he succeeds wherever he goes.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
I'm in the minority but I love Forsberg and hope he succeeds wherever he goes.
You're a fan of the game.

Love Forsberg or hate him, anyone with an ounce of brain matter wants great players on the ice, regardless of the situation.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote