HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rejean Tremblay on Benoit Brunet

Old
12-13-2008, 07:00 PM
HomaridII

vCash: 500
Rejean Tremblay on Benoit Brunet

Hmm, I m surprised noone posted this link.

I normally do not like anything Rejean Tremblay says but I got to admit, I fully agree with this article about the lack of professionalism on Brunet's part.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/c...fessionnel.php

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 07:05 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Wow agreed 100% with the article

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
Lack of professionalism. I'd say... yes. But he still was damn right about the reffing. Which is why a retard like Tremblay is never worth crap.

Edit : Besides, if there's one guy that's in a very bad position to talk about a lack professionalism, it's Tremblay.

Last edited by Ncrdrg: 12-13-2008 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Adding some further thoughts
Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Hmm, I m surprised noone posted this link.

I normally do not like anything Rejean Tremblay says but I got to admit, I fully agree with this article about the lack of professionalism on Brunet's part.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/c...fessionnel.php
And how about the lack of professionalism on Tremblay's part? The guy keeps bashing the Habs org. for the past how many years now? The only nice thing about them was the announcement of the different rinks in Montreal. But the constant bashing doesn't strike me as professionnal journalism...

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 07:36 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And how about the lack of professionalism on Tremblay's part? The guy keeps bashing the Habs org. for the past how many years now? The only nice thing about them was the announcement of the different rinks in Montreal. But the constant bashing doesn't strike me as professionnal journalism...
I agree. Tremblay is an idiot.. I never liked the guy, and this "article" makes me dislike him even more.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Pascal

wow talk about splitting hairs.. how about you stick to your idiot articles in the newspaper and let the guy do his (new) job?

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 07:51 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

People really have to stop reading Tremblay. It's not good for your brain.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 07:52 PM
goldglove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
wow talk about splitting hairs.. how about you stick to your idiot articles in the newspaper and let the guy do his (new) job?
I like Brunet but those Pat, Guillaume, Frank and Carbo are killing me.. i think rds is a serious channel but this is a lack of serious.

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Habs8517

he should look in the mirror first, seriously that man's ego is out of this world

btw i agreed with the article

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
What did the wrench say to the hammer?

You're a tool.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 08:09 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Ok... one thing I can't stand... When Benoît says :

André Kostitsyn...

Old
12-13-2008, 09:08 PM
HabuseMoi

not that he's not right... But for him to question someone else profesionalism is laughable.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 09:19 PM
NewHabsEra*

You didnt hear the last one? Jacques Demers is gonna replace Pierre Houde beside Brunet next year..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:07 PM
korky00

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
You didnt hear the last one? Jacques Demers is gonna replace Pierre Houde beside Brunet next year..
Sample of Demers' description''Kovalev, Plekanec , Chantale , Joel, Yvon...passe pour Kostitsyn, Pierre, Alain, Baron...''

bon point Jacques (Brunet)

korky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Mathletic

I fully agree with Tremblay on this one

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:13 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
I fully agree with Tremblay on this one
and that's usually impossible. it takes a big dummy like bad-analysis brunet to create consensus here

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Travis Moen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdrg View Post
Edit : Besides, if there's one guy that's in a very bad position to talk about a lack professionalism, it's Tremblay.
Absolutely

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:34 AM
habtastic

I don't see what is so different and unexpected about Brunet and for that matter the entire RDS team considering it the Habs network. Is that supposed to be unprofessional when your ENTIRE demographic is Habs fans!? Has Trembley ever heard REAL homers, like on CBC, Bruins commentators, etc.? I think Pierre Houde does a great job of not appearing biased while simultaneously catering to the fans' allegiance. And the penalties he's talking about, caulisse, we were ALL thinking the same thing, why is it wrong if Brunet points it out? I don't even notice that he's "one of us" during his commentary, it's assumed and everything is taken in that context. In fact the both of them call it how it is. They say that it's a right call against us very often and fault the player for taking a stupid penalty.

I didn't get to watch the game tonight, and after reading the PGT, I guess I'm luckier than most. Goin on holiday as of Wed until the second week of Jan (going to game vs. Tor!!!) so i only get to see the Carolina game before I leave. Please please please let me leave on a positive note. Kovy...a goal? Maybe? Perhaps?...please?!

ps. so what if Brunet makes grammatical errors, it's not the f'in opera, Houde makes up for it with his gentlemanly language.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 01:25 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by korky00 View Post
Sample of Demers' description''Kovalev, Plekanec , Chantale , Joel, Yvon...passe pour Kostitsyn, Pierre, Alain, Baron...''

bon point Jacques (Brunet)
haha, hilarous, did you watch the Gerard Laflaque show?

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 01:26 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
haha, hilarous, did you watch the Gerard Laflaque show?
"je l'sais tu moé?"

Old
12-14-2008, 07:21 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I don't see what is so different and unexpected about Brunet and for that matter the entire RDS team considering it the Habs network. Is that supposed to be unprofessional when your ENTIRE demographic is Habs fans!? Has Trembley ever heard REAL homers, like on CBC, Bruins commentators, etc.? I think Pierre Houde does a great job of not appearing biased while simultaneously catering to the fans' allegiance. And the penalties he's talking about, caulisse, we were ALL thinking the same thing, why is it wrong if Brunet points it out? I don't even notice that he's "one of us" during his commentary, it's assumed and everything is taken in that context. In fact the both of them call it how it is. They say that it's a right call against us very often and fault the player for taking a stupid penalty.

I didn't get to watch the game tonight, and after reading the PGT, I guess I'm luckier than most. Goin on holiday as of Wed until the second week of Jan (going to game vs. Tor!!!) so i only get to see the Carolina game before I leave. Please please please let me leave on a positive note. Kovy...a goal? Maybe? Perhaps?...please?!

ps. so what if Brunet makes grammatical errors, it's not the f'in opera, Houde makes up for it with his gentlemanly language.
Agreed. They are catering to the Montreal and Quebec market with their telecasts so they should be homers just as every other team has their homer crews calling the games. There is no doubt who is calling the games for Sabre games and what side he is on when he yells "he scores" for a full minute!! The CJAD guys are 100% homers but nobody is calling them out.

Brunet has been at this job for a couple of months and Tremblay should never have written this piece. He comes off like a language cop because Brunet doesn't speak French as well as Houde. Did he ever say anything about Demers? Jacques sounds like a typical hick but nobody complains about his "tabarouette" or whatever the correct spelling is.

It was a cheap shot by an eternally complaining egocentric figure that most wish would just go away. Brunet deserves some time to get better and shouldn't get pointed out because his French is not up to Tremblay's standards.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 08:37 AM
HabuseMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
Did he ever say anything about Demers? Jacques sounds like a typical hick but nobody complains about his "tabarouette" or whatever the correct spelling is.
Thing is, Demers is a kind of untouchable, a coward like Tremblay would never risk criticizing him, the guy is so loved around here and rightly so in my opinion, and, personally, I enjoy his point of view and analysis even if he sometime delivers them in a unorthodox way. He's like a kind old man...

Probably the next in line to become Santa Claus.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Thinkbig

Am I the only one who doesn't care when Demers start speaking? All he tells is useless. I like him, but he's too old and his comments are incoherent sometimes and off topic! Why did they fire Yvon Pedneault before Demers?

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Good let RDS and la Presse fight and let's hope CKAC joins them too

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote