Notices

Game 30: vs Phoenix, 12/16

Old
12-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Caseman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by catters078 View Post
And with Columbus, Ottawa and Toronto next on the Stars agenda, we could very well string together 4 in a row...

who knows by New years we may be in a playoff position...

Wouldnt that be something!!!
Heh, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 10:20 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
I have a bad feeling that Brunnstrom is about to rejoin the 4th line. He's looked great since Avery ran his mouth. Tonight, I thought he had a great night in the defensive zone, and he was good in the offensive zone.

Unfortunately for Brunnstrom, I think the guys getting healthy could push him out.

I would hope that Tippett would just stick with Neal and Bunnstrom playing with Ribeiro, but I think Lehtinen will rejoin him. Lundqvist would make sense to play with Richards which takes away that Top 9 spot. Parrish and Wilson have been sharing Modano's RW, and I don't know if Tippett would play Brunnstrom there over them. However, Brunnstrom has played well with Modano and Petersen as his center. He might succeed with them on the same line as well.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 10:28 PM
BigG44

I guess the biggest question is what happens to the 4th line?

I just don't see why Tippett would bench Wilson over Barch. He has been using Wilson late in the game the last few games in place of Parrish. I'd love to see Parrish scratched, but I think that is a pipe dream. With 2 forwards getting healthy very soon and a 3rd on the way probably next week, who get's benched?

I'd like to see Barch get sat down first, but I don't think that happens. Conner has played very well, probably the best of the fringe players. Do they sit Wilson who has performed better than Barch? Petersen has been effective on Modano's wing so I don't think Wandell goes until Sutherby is healthy and can man the 4th line center spot. That or Lundqvist takes over as 4th line center for the time being.

It'll be interesting to see what the team does.

Old
12-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

Wandell will be sent back to Sweeden soon. Too bad he won't play fifteen freaking minutes on any one night before it happens.

As for combinations when everyone is healthy. Hmm...

Neal-Ribiero-Lehtinen
Eriksson-Richards-Sutherby
Brunnstrom-Modano-Peterson
Lundqvist-Ott-Wilson

At least that's what I'd like to see or maybe switch Sutherby and Brunnstrom.

My dream scenario next year, assuming no Lehtinen or Lundqvist is:

Morrow-Ribiero-Brunnstrom
Neal-Richards-Eriksson
Benn-Modano-Wandell
Ott-Peterson-Barch

Hull Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Chad_

I bet they end up signing Sutherby to an extension.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 10:07 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Neal-Ribiero-Lehtinen
Eriksson-Richards-Sutherby
Brunnstrom-Modano-Peterson
Lundqvist-Ott-Wilson
Why move Eriksson and Brunnstrom to the LW?

They have both played RW the majority of the year and performed well. We've never even seen Petersen at RW, and I'm pretty sure Sutherby has only played C and LW.

Old
12-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Why move Eriksson and Brunnstrom to the LW?

They have both played RW the majority of the year and performed well. We've never even seen Petersen at RW, and I'm pretty sure Sutherby has only played C and LW.
I had no idea which side Sutherby played. I stupidly assumed mangement had finally gone out and found a right wing, right shot. Now you tell me otherwise. I'm fairly sure Peterson has played right wing with Modano a few times.

As for combinations. Neal can only play left wing. (Or least that's all he's ever played and there's no reason to move him.) Lehtinen plays on the right. Ott plays the left and I fear poor Modano will get stuck with him again but since he's out for a few more weeks we'll exclude him for now. I'd prefer Richards and Eriksson together, maybe if they play with someone half way decent on the other wing they'll start scoring again. That leaves this.

Neal-Ribiero-Lehtinen
-Richards-Eriksson
Sutherby-Modano-
Peterson-

I don't think Lundqvist deserves a spot over Brunnstrom but if you want the combinations to work then:

Neal-Richards-Lehtinen
Lundqvist-Richards-Eriksson
Sutherby-Modano-Brunnstrom
Wilson-Peterson-Barch

Of course all this assumes Wandell returns to Sweeden and Ott isn't available till at least mid January.

Old
12-17-2008, 03:54 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Ott plays the left and I fear poor Modano will get stuck with him again but since he's out for a few more weeks we'll exclude him for now.
I love Ott, and hate him in an offensive role. On the other hand, he and Modano played very well together last year.

Quote:
I'd prefer Richards and Eriksson together, maybe if they play with someone half way decent on the other wing they'll start scoring again.
I don't know why people want to seperate them. Richards said recently that he was the only player he has had chemistry with. They play well together.

I agree with you. Just leave them alone

Quote:
That leaves this.

Neal-Ribiero-Lehtinen
-Richards-Eriksson
Sutherby-Modano-
Peterson-

I don't think Lundqvist deserves a spot over Brunnstrom but if you want the combinations to work then:

Neal-Richards-Lehtinen
Lundqvist-Richards-Eriksson
Sutherby-Modano-Brunnstrom
Wilson-Peterson-Barch

Of course all this assumes Wandell returns to Sweeden and Ott isn't available till at least mid January.
Actually, he has been cleared by the doctors. Ott just needs the OK from Tippett.

If today's practice lines mean anything, Dallas may go with:

Neal-Riberio-Lehtinen
Eriksson-Richards-Brunnstrom

As for Modano's line, I think Petersen stays with Modano until Ott is ready. Even then, they might work Ott in slowly and start him on the 4th line at C or LW.

Honesty, I don't even no where to begin to guess on how the bottom 6 will look.

Old
12-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Caseman

Quote:
I love Ott, and hate him in an offensive role. On the other hand, he and Modano played very well together last year.

I don't know why people want to seperate them. Richards said recently that he was the only player he has had chemistry with. They play well together.

I agree with you. Just leave them alone

Actually, he has been cleared by the doctors. Ott just needs the OK from Tippett.

If today's practice lines mean anything, Dallas may go with:

Neal-Riberio-Lehtinen
Eriksson-Richards-Brunnstrom

As for Modano's line, I think Petersen stays with Modano until Ott is ready. Even then, they might work Ott in slowly and start him on the 4th line at C or LW.

Honesty, I don't even no where to begin to guess on how the bottom 6 will look.
Would you try the Eriksson-Richards-Lundqvist line when he comes back? That line was a great second line in the playoffs.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 04:09 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Would you try the Eriksson-Richards-Lundqvist line when he comes back? That line was a great second line in the playoffs.
I think that would be a good option. I really want to see Joel get a shot at translating his scoring touch from the playoffs into the regular season before he hits free agency.

And I'm still tantalized by the idea of Neal and Brunnstrom creating something that can be kept together even when everyone's healthy. Right now that would mean playing Lehtinen with Modano, but once Morrow comes back you could reunite the old 1st line and move the rookies to Modano.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 04:12 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Yeah, I said that earlier ... somewhere.

I think it could definitely happen, but Brunnstrom and Eriksson with Richards would be a better line offensively.

Old
12-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

Quote:
Yeah, I said that earlier ... somewhere.

I think it could definitely happen, but Brunnstrom and Eriksson with Richards would be a better line offensively.
It's my fervent hope to see Brunnstrom and Eriksson together. The two of them with Richards could really work.

As for Lundqvist, I've come to the realization that he's a great bottom six guy and not a scorer. It's too bad but I hope he's healthy and Dallas gets a nice pick/prospect for him at the deadline. He's shown to be an above average playoff performer and teams are always looking for guys like him going into the playoffs.

Old
12-17-2008, 04:26 PM
catters078

I just noticed we get the jackets tomorrow night which will be the 2nd leg of their back to back Starting with San Jose tonight...

Big chance to capitalise on a tired team and get 2 wins in a row, before we head to ontario

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote