HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalchuk proposal

Old
12-18-2008, 02:08 AM
MidnightRanger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
I would give them Sanguinetti, Prucha, Dubinsky, Korpedo, ROSZIVAL, and a 1st round pick. Throw in a second on the subsequent draft. No more. I think it's fair. You can replace Prucha with Dawes if you like.

NO WAY IM GIVING THEM DEL ZOTTO.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 02:13 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayStorm View Post
I would give them Sanguinetti, Prucha, Dubinsky, Korpedo, ROSZIVAL, and a 1st round pick. Throw in a second on the subsequent draft. No more. I think it's fair. You can replace Prucha with Dawes if you like.

Here's how you KNOW it's not fair: you felt the need to throw in a second rounder.

This is what people do when in their heart they know that what they are offering is not enough, but they just can't give up something valuable, so they say "second rounder" just because they think it would be valuable to others, but not so valuable to them.

This is why a second rounder is ALWAYS present in all the bad trade proposals, specifically ones that involve 4-5 overpaid/second-rate players for one superstar.

=============

Prucha has no value. You might as well just say, "7th rounder".

Rosie has no value either. Recently signed free agents are always priced out of any trade value. Again, if you want, put down "6th rounder".

Korps is nothing special. I bet he'll be a third liner, which is what I've been saying about him for a while. I see no reason why we should care more about him than about Sjostrom, whom I really like. So I'd say that Korps's value is something along the lines of a second and a third.

So it's Dubi, Sang, #1, #2, #2, #3, #6, #7. That's actually not a terrible offer IMO, but they'll probably prefer one good player than a bunch of little things.

Last edited by Beacon: 12-18-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 03:08 AM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayStorm View Post

Jorts?

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 08:54 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
Jorts?
That guy actually spelled the players' names correctly and formed a coherent sentence. No way it's JOrts. Hahaha.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote