Notices

Hats off to Lundmark

Old
12-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Hats off to Lundmark

He's playing great, glad to see him back with Calgary. If he stays up here, who's gonna be bumped off the roster? Also, awesome goal by Bertuzzi, glad to see him snap that goalless streak! Nice pass by Langkow too!

Last edited by Skobel24: 12-17-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 10:00 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
Yeah, he's looked good so far. A point in last night's game and a point tonight already.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 11:27 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Sure does make things more interesting. He's been given more of an opportunity then I thought he would and has played fine. 2 points in 2 games now.

Right now I'd say when Glencross gets back Lundmark stays up and takes Roy's place on the roster.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 11:36 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Right now I'd say when Glencross gets back Lundmark stays up and takes Roy's place on the roster.

Yeah, definitely.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Lundmark gets sent back down when the main roster gets a bit healthier. Bank on it.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Split98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Lundmark gets sent back down when the main roster gets a bit healthier. Bank on it.
I completely disagree. After last nights game, I'm convinced (as mentioned above) that Roy is taking a seat. Keenan clearly loves him, and Lundmark is playing like he wants it.

His second game in... he can't have started firing on all cylinders yet. I think we have even more to see from this guy with his current drive.

I can also see Jamie playing really really well with GlenX

Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post
I completely disagree. After last nights game, I'm convinced (as mentioned above) that Roy is taking a seat. Keenan clearly loves him, and Lundmark is playing like he wants it.

His second game in... he can't have started firing on all cylinders yet. I think we have even more to see from this guy with his current drive.

I don't buy it. Sutter traditionally saves cap room by sending down players when their cup of coffee is over, Sutter rarely, if ever, keeps them up in the middle of the season. Lunmark's been playing great for the last two games, but he'll be the first one down once the roster is healthy. His contract is financially structured so that he bypasses waivers when recalled or demoted.

Won't happen, sorry.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 06:01 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post

Agreed. Was I seeing things or was Lundmark on the PP? Then his beautiful set up to Langkow... If Keenan did not think he was worth it he would not put him on the PP ion as tight road game.... Roy may stay but by no means is his seat certain.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 03:40 PM
ForeignFlame

Lundmark has been re-assigned to Quad City. Link: http://flames.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...ticleid=399286

ForeignFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeignFlame View Post
Lundmark has been re-assigned to Quad City. Link: http://flames.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...ticleid=399286
Glencross or Primeau must be ready to go... or maybe its to save cap space since we don't play again til the 23rd

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 05:00 PM
ForeignFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Glencross or Primeau must be ready to go... or maybe its to save cap space since we don't play again til the 23rd
Yeah, I think it might be a cap saver, although Glencross might be close to returning.

ForeignFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 06:05 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Sounds like Glencross won't be ready till after Christmas. So I'm assuming it is just to save cap space and he'll be recalled on Tuesday.

Old
12-20-2008, 06:08 PM
PIMking

Why would they send him down to save cap? are they bringing someone in? then why would they have to save cap?

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 06:34 PM
flamesfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
Why would they send him down to save cap? are they bringing someone in? then why would they have to save cap?

Why not save cap? The opportunity is there with a couple days off so mind as well use it to your advantage. Lundmark can play in tonight's game and help out the baby flames. Many teams have done this.

Old
12-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
i don't think you fully grasp how the cap works... or how a 2way contract works...

First lets pretend the minor league part of Lundmark's deal is worth $100,000 per year and the NHL part is $600,000 per year

now say the season is 200 days long (just a nice round number that isn't too far off from how long it is)...

so now Lundmark has been with the team for what 5 days?... that will pay him 5 days at his NHL salary (works out to be around $3,000 per day)... when in the minors (again my $100,000 minor league salary is not accurate just an easy number to use as an example) Lundmark would make 1/6 or $500 per day once demoted...

also with the timing of the demotion it was to get him demoted prior to the Chrstmas roster freeze... now for the next 8 days or so Lundmark with be in QC making $4000 instead of $24,000... this will also save the Flames that $24,000ish against the cap that they can use later in the year assuming Lundmark is recalled

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 07:29 PM
PIMking

ahh thanks!

Old
12-21-2008, 01:27 AM
Split98

We'll have to see what happens on Tuesday.

Only reason I made the comment on dumpling Roy was because I thought he accepted a 2-way contract this year. Honestly though, if Prust wasn't our right now... I could see Lundmark's performance being Roy's ticket to waivers.

And yeah, Lundmark definitely had quite a bit of PP time all things considered. Point in each of his 1st two games too

Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 02:33 AM
PIMking

Well he Scored the game tying goal in winnipeg tonight. as the baby flames broke the 7 game losing streak. the last regulation win was on nov 28th. wow thats a long time.