HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting moments from last week's media

Old
12-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Newhabfan

vCash: 500
Interesting moments from last week's media

I'm not sure they have been discussed. They are not really related (except from the fact they made me smile)

On CKAC - Laraque talks to a group formed of Villeneuve, Forunier and Bergeron. Delicious moments. This guy is as intimidating to the press as he is (or should be) to his foes on ice. Hilarity ensued.

- BGL talks about changing his number (cause of bad luck). Villeneuve suggests him the 4 or the 9. BGL starts laughing - "nice try there ... So you wanted your next first page title to be "Laraque does not know Canadiens history ? You failed"

- Asked about the teams problems BGL says "The younger players have difficulties with the pressure and criticism from the media. I'm old enough to not care too much but they are not" Villeneuve goes "this might happen with the quebecers but not with the anglophones ..." Gl : "ok- since you are a player sharing the dressing room with them you probably know better what you are talking about".... Priceless moments.

On RDS yesterday - during the first game break the reporter talks to Kovalev about "two goals in two games" Kovalev's answer - "don't go now and jinx me !"

During the second game break - Sundin issue. Demers tells that he went to talk with Gainey about it and Gainey said something like "They were in contact with me all the time. We think we have what it takes right now to score goals. We are in the market for a good defenceman so we passed" Somehow I don't see Gainey telling lies to Demers or Demers inventing stories.

Feel free to comment.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Bill McNeal

Everything else aside, Laraque handles the media better than anyone else in the organization not named Gainey (and they use very different methods).

And good to hear Gainey is actively seeking to upgrade the defence, although it isn't exactly earth-shattering news.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Everything else aside, Laraque handles the media better than anyone else in the organization not named Gainey (and they use very different methods).

And good to hear Gainey is actively seeking to upgrade the defence, although it isn't exactly earth-shattering news.
I love how George handle the media, it looks like he can remove the pressure from the younger guys that re not yet ok with the media

(KOSTS(

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 12:04 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I'm not sure they have been discussed. They are not really related (except from the fact they made me smile)

On CKAC - Laraque talks to a group formed of Villeneuve, Forunier and Bergeron. Delicious moments. This guy is as intimidating to the press as he is (or should be) to his foes on ice. Hilarity ensued.

- BGL talks about changing his number (cause of bad luck). Villeneuve suggests him the 4 or the 9. BGL starts laughing - "nice try there ... So you wanted your next first page title to be "Laraque does not know Canadiens history ? You failed"

- Asked about the teams problems BGL says "The younger players have difficulties with the pressure and criticism from the media. I'm old enough to not care too much but they are not" Villeneuve goes "this might happen with the quebecers but not with the anglophones ..." Gl : "ok- since you are a player sharing the dressing room with them you probably know better what you are talking about".... Priceless moments.

On RDS yesterday - during the first game break the reporter talks to Kovalev about "two goals in two games" Kovalev's answer - "don't go now and jinx me !"

During the second game break - Sundin issue. Demers tells that he went to talk with Gainey about it and Gainey said something like "They were in contact with me all the time. We think we have what it takes right now to score goals. We are in the market for a good defenceman so we passed" Somehow I don't see Gainey telling lies to Demers or Demers inventing stories.

Feel free to comment.
Are those exact quotes or were you paraphrasing? Because I love this one: "...this might happen with the quebecers but not with the anglophones ..." apparently no anglophone is a Quebecer according to Villeneuve. He doesn't say it but it's implied in the inner logic or non logic ofthat sentence.

As for the Gainey or Demers angle. I think Demers has his version of events which borders more on fantasy than on reality.

P.S. I think the Habs should send Laraque to all press conferences from now on. I love the way this guy handles the stupid comments from the peanut gallery.

Last edited by onice: 12-19-2008 at 12:11 PM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 12:04 PM
CPrice

Yeah, he said something along the lines that JP called Gainey for a final offer and Gainey said I think we'll pass were looking for a top defensemen of something along those lines.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I could see a trade with a D coming our way,a deal with the Panthers would be nice or maybe the Canucks are going to want to trade Ohlund?Doubt it cause Nonis said Mats made many phone calls to Mattias so well see what happens

Bouwmeester and Horton,go get them Bob

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Are those exact quotes or were you paraphrasing? Because I love this one: "...this might happen with the quebecers but not with the anglophones ..." apparently no anglophone is a Quebecer according to Villeneuve. He doesn't say it but it's implied in the inner logic or non logic ofthat sentence.
P.S. I think the Habs should send Laraque to all press conferences from now on. I love the way this guy handles the stupid comments from the peanut gallery.

Link is here http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...7-1330283.html

He says "francophones" vs "anglophones" indeed. Not quebecers. And I am indeed paraphrasing. But I suggest you guys listen to it all - it made my afternoon back then

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 01:08 PM
ROEN
@OrenWeizman

To think some of these buffoons used to be in the print media ...
but then again ...

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Mustafa*

I think the best part was when Ron tryed to explain him that he should jumps guys that are being rough to the players, to make a statement... seriously i'm always amazed when the inconscious of those guys gets out a little bit and we can see that they dream to be coaches or players.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote