HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

12/18/08 "Staal Tactics" - Panthers VS. Hurricanes

View Poll Results: Who wins this divisional matchup?
Panthers 12 52.17%
Hurricanes 11 47.83%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2008, 06:49 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
well, offensive production is not the only measure of a player's worth. remember, though he's had a tough year, he has been in all the games during the recent good spell and one could argue his work ethic alone is a reason to have him in there.

the repik comment brings in some more complexity, though - sure, repik brings more vision, skill and finish, even at this point in his career. is he best served by spending time here though? also consider that he is on a two-contract and mclean isn't. these are some of the things a guy running an nhl bench has to weigh.
Remember what PDB said, he doesnt take contracts into consideration. I think it should be no concern as far as who has what type of contract. The better players should be playing, and that means games and more minutes. While Mclean has played hard every night, he hasnt produced, and last I checked, the team with the more goals win. Thats not to say that I dont appreciate his work on the ice, but its a real disappointment to see he go from double digit goals last year, to nothing this year. This team needs players who can put the puck in the net, not MORE 3rd or 4th line grinders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
T-Vo was awesome last night. Not exactly sure what he did on Corvo's game-winner as I immediately stopped recording, deleted the game from my DVR, and changed the channel as soon as he scored.

After reading some of the posts here, it seems like he came way out to challenge which isn't surprising because he it that type of goaltender. It also isn't surprising to hear that our defensemen were playing goaltender for him, as that has already happened quite a few times this year.

Anyway, props to T-Vo for keeping us in that game and scratching out a point. We could have been easily out of it in the 1st period.

-ghoste
T-Vo played well, but he did give up a lot of rebounds. Andy definitely has the better rebound control of the two, and is not as aggressive as Vokoun is. He did over-commit to the play yesterday, and was caught way out of position on the GWG. But the main culprit was Booth, who should of NEVER went after his stick.

Old
12-19-2008, 07:00 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Remember what PDB said, he doesnt take contracts into consideration. I think it should be no concern as far as who has what type of contract. The better players should be playing, and that means games and more minutes. While Mclean has played hard every night, he hasnt produced, and last I checked, the team with the more goals win. Thats not to say that I dont appreciate his work on the ice, but its a real disappointment to see he go from double digit goals last year, to nothing this year. This team needs players who can put the puck in the net, not MORE 3rd or 4th line grinders.
he did say that and i agree with the idea in general but i think it's a little more complicated than that. we are talking about the development of a player here. repik, as promising as he looked, really doesn't appear ready for full time duty. also, and this shouldn't be... um, overlooked - the team *has* been scoring more goals than its opponent lately! we can talk all we want about being disappointed in mac and i'm sure he'd agree but the team is playing like a team, winning, and despite the fact that he has 0 goals, he's been a part of it.

Old
12-20-2008, 05:50 PM
harv3317

mc clain should be sitting. it would do him and the team some good!!!! nasty brings a lot more than mc clean and can change the momentum and aggitate and score the occasional goal.

SIT MC CLAIN FOR A BIT FOR HIS GOOD AND THE GOOD OF THE TEAM!!!!!!

Old
12-21-2008, 06:11 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
New Gdt??

Old
12-21-2008, 06:18 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
New Gdt??
PRock is working on it, Im sure. If not, I can get it done a little later.

Closed Thread