HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

player autographs?

Old
12-20-2008, 02:18 AM
ilikebigjoe

vCash: 500
player autographs?

im new to the bay area, and the biggest thornton fan. im going to the rangers sharks game tomorrow, and was just wondering if anyone from san jose might know how if it is possible at all how to get an autograph from thornton before or after the game tomorrow and what i would have to do? it would be much appreciated if anyone could help out....thanks.

ilikebigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 03:09 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Many of the players stop at the gated entrance (corner of Autumn and St Johns) to sign autographs on their way in and/or out. (Not all park there.)

Players start arriving perhaps 3 hours before game. After the game, barriers are put out to stand behind; players start coming out ~30 minutes after the game, and one could be waiting for 90-120 minutes. (Those not in the game may bug out within five minutes of game completion.) Looks like it'll be in the mid-40s after tomorrow's game.

Haven't been out back for a while, but it's well attended (by fans). No guarantee that player will stop.

Better bet might be to attend a practice to get autograph (or arrive 1-2 hours before practice, get the guys on the way in; and/or wait 15 minutes to 3 hours for them after).

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 03:39 AM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Many of the players stop at the gated entrance (corner of Autumn and St Johns) to sign autographs on their way in and/or out. (Not all park there.)

Players start arriving perhaps 3 hours before game. After the game, barriers are put out to stand behind; players start coming out ~30 minutes after the game, and one could be waiting for 90-120 minutes. (Those not in the game may bug out within five minutes of game completion.) Looks like it'll be in the mid-40s after tomorrow's game.

Haven't been out back for a while, but it's well attended (by fans). No guarantee that player will stop.

Better bet might be to attend a practice to get autograph (or arrive 1-2 hours before practice, get the guys on the way in; and/or wait 15 minutes to 3 hours for them after).
Excellent advice. Yeah, morning practices are probably the best time in my opinion. Most of the players start showing up pretty early, the first trickling in around 8 am. They're probably tired, but the players are all happy to have so many fans, and I can't imagine Jumbo not stopping for an autograph if you ask politely.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 03:50 AM
ilikebigjoe

thank you for the replies. i'm actually going to the game tomorrow, and then i have to head back home on monday so i wont really have a chance to go before a practice. i will check out the corner of autumn and st john though before the game and possibly after if i dont have any luck beforehand, and hopefully all works out and the big man will be there, and be nice enough to sign my jersey

thanks again.

ilikebigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote