HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

An ESPN article on JayBo and the Panthers...

Old
12-18-2008, 12:31 PM
dhasek3910

vCash: 500
An ESPN article on JayBo and the Panthers...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...rge&id=3776702

What do you guys think? It's pretty bang on in my opinion, everyone's being all lovey-dovey in the media...but who really knows what's going on in the minds of DeBoer, Martin, JayBo, and his agent...

dhasek3910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
A fair assessment, I read it earlier this morning. I quite surprised it was balanced, took a few shots but also praised some spots. All in all I think Jay was shown something, and hopefully we can carry this mentality the rest of the season.

Bure1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
We gota keep winning, our Jay is out of here. Fair assessment, good article. We've gota keep playing the game our way. Forget the Vancouver loss, lets just get back to playing our game.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
When I saw ESPN, I just figured it was another crappy Burnside article.

Good read!

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
When I saw ESPN, I just figured it was another crappy Burnside article.

Good read!
Agreed, I thought it was BurnthePanthersside, too. That was a great read and I appreciate what was said. As has been said, pretty bang on.

I thought this was an insightful post, seems Bouw's fine with Florida, just not all the BS that has been surrounding it:

Quote:
"I just wasn't ready this summer to commit past one year," Bouwmeester said. "It's been tough here for a while. We've had to deal with a lot of change, which is why the spell we're going through right now feels so good."

12-18-2008, 02:58 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Agreed, I thought it was BurnthePanthersside, too. That was a great read and I appreciate what was said. As has been said, pretty bang on.

I thought this was an insightful post, seems Bouw's fine with Florida, just not all the BS that has been surrounding it:
yep, except he referred to it as a *spell*!

seriously folks, i said it after the calgary game but i'll say it again - if the team continues to play the way they have and are in playoff position, i think he will re-sign in january, probably later in the month. i think JM understands he has to move him sooner rather than later and jay understands that too. if the team's sustained this level of play throughout early january, i think we can all say pretty assuredly that the team has turned the corner (i.e. and is a solid playoff contender). i'm guessing if that's the case, we'll see jay sign a 3 year deal, maybe 4 but that could be a little long. 3 years is a solid commitment to the organization but not so long that he'll lose his entire career if it all goes in the crapper next year. do 3 or 4 and see where jay and the organization are then.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 03:13 PM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Man, I'd be happy if he signs a 1 yr deal. Which I think, as the team is now, 1-2 yrs may be what he would prefer to do.

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 03:28 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by portal333 View Post
Man, I'd be happy if he signs a 1 yr deal. Which I think, as the team is now, 1-2 yrs may be what he would prefer to do.
huh? there's no way that happens. no way, dude. jay, JM and the rest of the world understand that jay's gotta make a bigger commitment to the team after this ordeal. 3 years is minimum, imo. keep in mind that i back jay 100% in his approach - i'd do the same thing if i were him but at this point, if you decide that the team is on the right track and you're gonna re-sign, you have to make a bigger commitment than 2 years. 1 year??? absolutely no way. makes no sense from either side's perspective.

Old
12-18-2008, 08:23 PM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I get that, but if I were in Jay's shoes right now I'd be thinking... it's going in the right direction, but they might shake something up again. If he wants to see a coach and a system stick before he signs long-term, one season may not be enough.

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:22 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by portal333 View Post
I get that, but if I were in Jay's shoes right now I'd be thinking... it's going in the right direction, but they might shake something up again. If he wants to see a coach and a system stick before he signs long-term, one season may not be enough.
doesn't work that way - can't do what jay has done only to sit on the pot for another year. he knows that as well as JM.