HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sundin is a CANUCK!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2008, 07:56 PM
  #26
operasen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,482
vCash: 500
1 year deal - so he can do it all over again next summer....

very large ego. Who cares Mats, you are not bigger than the game.

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 07:58 PM
  #27
Alfredsson11
Registered User
 
Alfredsson11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,940
vCash: 500
I know its old news but Eklund is full of ****...This is what he said:

"A team owner told me an hour and a half ago that he heard from a good source that the Stars pulled out of deal that would have sent Avery to the NY Rangers for Rosival +"

Do you think the Stars would of pulled out of a deal that sends Avery to ANWHERE?????

It is also unbelivable that the Rangers would take on Averys money if the purpose of the trade is to unload money to get Sundin...

Who does he think we are.

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 08:42 PM
  #28
michelb
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
Does he have a NTC??

Spezza for Sundin, and 2 1sts!!!!
Haha!!! Imagine that - after 6months of dicking around, he finally makes a decision and then gets traded the next day!!!

michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 08:43 PM
  #29
Bloggins
Registered User
 
Bloggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
Does he have a NTC??

Spezza for Sundin, and 2 1sts!!!!

With all the good things I've heard about this Sundin fella I'd throw in Heater too.

Bloggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:00 PM
  #30
JonnyMoronic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
hahaha, not about the money hey Mats!!!....

JonnyMoronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:14 PM
  #31
The Fuhr*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,765
vCash: 500
Dreger said the reasomn Sundin picked the Canucks over the Rangers was because he could walk right into the locker room with out costing anyone jobs.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:18 PM
  #32
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,710
vCash: 500
this is good for us. We dont have to play him when we visit the nucks boxing day, because he wont be ready. If he went to the rangers, we would have had to play him twice.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:19 PM
  #33
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,155
vCash: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Dreger said the reasomn Sundin picked the Canucks over the Rangers was because he could walk right into the locker room with out costing anyone jobs.
Yeah. The 10 million is just a bonus.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:23 PM
  #34
PhysicalTorque
Registered User
 
PhysicalTorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
As if, Sundin, a canuck, I would have never imagined, though, I remember the citizens of Vancouver promising all these things.They will use Sundin as their bridge with Sweden for the upcoming 2010 Vinter Olympics, that's if he signs to tell the tale once more.

All the best of luck to your team Sundin, maybe this move will finally motivate our team to play more competitively?

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:32 PM
  #35
Caeldan
Moderator
 
Caeldan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,726
vCash: 500
Seriously, why the heck did he wait this long to choose the Canucks when they had the offer on the table since the offseason?

He's nothing but a giant AW who actually probably cost some people jobs since any team that thought they had a shot was trying to keep some extra cap space free for him. At least we don't have to hear anything more about this.

Bring on Foppa!

Caeldan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:33 PM
  #36
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,155
vCash: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
this is good for us. We dont have to play him when we visit the nucks boxing day, because he wont be ready. If he went to the rangers, we would have had to play him twice.
We play the Nucks on the 28th.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:35 PM
  #37
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
We play the Nucks on the 28th.
speculation is that sundin doesnt play until january.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:35 PM
  #38
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
Sundin likes it when he doesnt have linemates

then he can use that excuse when he loses
Dont kid yourself this Canucks team is real good especially with adding Sundin.

Raymond Sundin Demitra
Sedin Sedin Bernier
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Pyatt Johnson Wellwood

Thats a real deep group with arguably the best two way third line in the nhl.

Figure in a D core of

Bieksa Ohlund
Mitchell Edler
Salo Obrien

Then you have Luongo thats a really good team from top to bottom.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:36 PM
  #39
Germz
4th liners ftw
 
Germz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Whatever. I like Sundin. I like the Canucks. He's a good fit and if he can get into game shape, the Canucks are a contender in the West. They have a lot of strong pieces without Sundin, he makes them stronger. But, as with anything with today's NHL, even teams with the right pieces still have to have the cards fall the right way.

The man was a free agent. He could do whatever he wanted. I hated the media circus, but that wasn't his fault. For years he handled the ultimate media pressure cooker job with class and dignity.

I see no reason to crap on Sundin for this. Good luck to him and the Canucks (my 5th-favourite team), and thank God he didn't go to an Eastern team.

Germz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:37 PM
  #40
Germz
4th liners ftw
 
Germz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Dont kid yourself this Canucks team is real good especially with adding Sundin.

Raymond Sundin Demitra
Sedin Sedin Bernier
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Pyatt Johnson Wellwood

Thats a real deep group with arguably the best two way third line in the nhl.

Figure in a D core of

Bieksa Ohlund
Mitchell Edler
Salo Obrien

Then you have Luongo thats a really good team from top to bottom.
Exactly. If things go well, that is a Cup contender.

Germz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:37 PM
  #41
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,155
vCash: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
speculation is that sundin doesnt play until january.
The plan is for him to play on December 27.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:38 PM
  #42
Alfredsson11
Registered User
 
Alfredsson11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,940
vCash: 500
Gillis doesn'y expect Mats to play a game until the new year even though hes joining the team on the 27th..........Even if MAts does play on the 28th when we vist them, I wouldnt be to worried about him....Probably take a couple games to get his timing right, because even though your in shape it doesnt mean your gameshape

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:39 PM
  #43
RedWhiteBlackGold
Registered User
 
RedWhiteBlackGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,287
vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
Seriously, why the heck did he wait this long to choose the Canucks when they had the offer on the table since the offseason?

He's nothing but a giant AW who actually probably cost some people jobs since any team that thought they had a shot was trying to keep some extra cap space free for him. At least we don't have to hear anything more about this.

Bring on Foppa!
Well he stated it would be mid-season before he made a decision IF he was to continue his NHL career. So why are you surprised he waited this long? This was known from the get-go.

Okay so we got the Rangers, who were the "known" front runners in the Sundin sweeps, who also is tight on cap space and was trying to move room in the event Sundin signed.... Then we have Vancouver, another possible destination that was also a high end possibility. So who would have lost their jobs due to him?

I think it was pretty clear in the last month or two who made his list.

RedWhiteBlackGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 09:44 PM
  #44
Caeldan
Moderator
 
Caeldan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exemplify View Post
Well he stated it would be mid-season before he made a decision IF he was to continue his NHL career. So why are you surprised he waited this long? This was known from the get-go.

Okay so we got the Rangers, who were the "known" front runners in the Sundin sweeps, who also is tight on cap space and was trying to move room in the event Sundin signed.... Then we have Vancouver, another possible destination that was also a high end possibility. So who would have lost their jobs due to him?

I think it was pretty clear in the last month or two who made his list.
The offseason - a lot of teams were leaving space free starting from July 1st (including Vancouver, why do you think they had room to sign him without moving anyone?).

I think these marquis players waiting till mid-season to sign is bunk. I realize that for injury reasons and college kids - you can't really outlaw mid-season signings, but I wish there was some way to at least discourage it.

Caeldan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 10:00 PM
  #45
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
The plan is for him to play on December 27.
ya i heard 28th is when he will play or something from TSN or that is what they are hoping for

therefore we may be his first team to face!!

god damn i will be out of town in Blue Nation and probably wont hae time to watch the game

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 10:02 PM
  #46
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,155
vCash: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
ya i heard 28th is when he will play or something from TSN or that is what they are hoping for

therefore we may be his first team to face!!

god damn i will be out of town in Blue Nation and probably wont hae time to watch the game
But on the bright side, when the Nucks come to SBP, we can boo Sundin without Leaf fans interfering.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 10:08 PM
  #47
SilverSeven
Registered User
 
SilverSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Dreger said the reasomn Sundin picked the Canucks over the Rangers was because he could walk right into the locker room with out costing anyone jobs.
Huh? The Canucks have been playing one man short all year?

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 10:09 PM
  #48
pepty
Registered User
 
pepty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,987
vCash: 400
Poor Canucks.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 10:13 PM
  #49
Answer
Registered User
 
Answer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan75 View Post
Gillis doesn'y expect Mats to play a game until the new year even though hes joining the team on the 27th..........Even if MAts does play on the 28th when we vist them, I wouldnt be to worried about him....Probably take a couple games to get his timing right, because even though your in shape it doesnt mean your gameshape
Who gives a flying **** if he plays vs us or not. What will possibly happen? We'll lose the game? Like we haven't lost a damn game before!! ???

Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 10:24 PM
  #50
RedWhiteBlackGold
Registered User
 
RedWhiteBlackGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,287
vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
The offseason - a lot of teams were leaving space free starting from July 1st (including Vancouver, why do you think they had room to sign him without moving anyone?).

I think these marquis players waiting till mid-season to sign is bunk. I realize that for injury reasons and college kids - you can't really outlaw mid-season signings, but I wish there was some way to at least discourage it.
Well the teams leaving space took the risk...obviously his meetings with Vancouver left them with belief he would be a Canuck otherwise they probably would have spent to the cap. Although there isn't really much to bring in without effecting your current roster.

I agree with the last bit, in some sense. Selanne/Neidermayer, RE-signing with Anaheim, when speculation early on was that they were just helping out with the cap space, should be outlawed in some sense. If they signed with some other random teams when they were ready to come back then sure, but to sit half a season out, knowing your going to return to that team (which is debatable but everyone knew pretty much it was going to happen) should not be allowed. I guess all they can really do to prevent that, is to have an early November deadline for returns. If your not on an NHL clubs contract by say, November 5th, then your not eligible to play that ENTIRE season.

RedWhiteBlackGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.