HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you wellcome Firetruck back for another season?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-19-2008, 07:28 AM
  #1
Kaptah
Registered User
 
Kaptah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Finland
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Would you wellcome Firetruck back for another season?

An Internet report claims winger Ville Peltonen, who is in the last year of his contract with the Panthers, has definitely decided to play in Switzerland next season. I asked Peltonen about it, and he said it was completely manufactured.

"I guess that's just how they blow smoke there," he said.

He said he hasn't thought about what he'll do after his season and as of now isn't planning on playing in Europe.

"I'm busy here playing," Peltonen said.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...will-play.html

Would you wellcome Firetruck back for another season? Do you think JM & PDB will?

Kaptah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 07:40 AM
  #2
RoadDoggFL
Registered User
 
RoadDoggFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: Colombia
Posts: 4,804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
If the price is right, I'm sure.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 09:45 AM
  #3
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,528
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Peltonen has definitely been better as of late and seems to have stepped it up in the locker room. I'd welcome him back, sure.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 10:40 AM
  #4
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Peltonen has definitely been better as of late and seems to have stepped it up in the locker room. I'd welcome him back, sure.
stepped it up in the locker room? what does that mean? on second thought, i'm not sure i want to know.

seriously folks - pelts is playing the same game as always.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 10:59 AM
  #5
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,528
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
stepped it up in the locker room? what does that mean? on second thought, i'm not sure i want to know.

seriously folks - pelts is playing the same game as always.
Well, he seems like he has developed more of a leadership role on the team that i dont ever recall him having.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 11:22 AM
  #6
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker
 
Desert Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Frisco, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 2,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Well, he seems like he has developed more of a leadership role on the team that i dont ever recall him having.
I think it's more of him being more comfortable playing with the same line night in and night out more than anything else. A little chemistry goes a long way.

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 11:36 AM
  #7
FlaPanthers7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: France
Posts: 4,624
vCash: 500
I'd keep him at the minimum salary for a vet. He's a serviceable guy but is also easily replaceable.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 11:41 AM
  #8
Biggzy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptah View Post
An Internet report claims winger Ville Peltonen, who is in the last year of his contract with the Panthers, has definitely decided to play in Switzerland next season. I asked Peltonen about it, and he said it was completely manufactured.

"I guess that's just how they blow smoke there," he said.

He said he hasn't thought about what he'll do after his season and as of now isn't planning on playing in Europe.

"I'm busy here playing," Peltonen said.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...will-play.html

Would you wellcome Firetruck back for another season? Do you think JM & PDB will?
Would I welcome him back? Nope.

Do I think JM and PDB will? I hope not.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 11:41 AM
  #9
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Well, he seems like he has developed more of a leadership role on the team that i dont ever recall him having.
how do you know? i'm not aware of any stories pertaining to peltonen's leadership. i don't doubt he's a good character guy but that seems to be coming out of thin air.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 11:42 AM
  #10
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
Would I welcome him back? Nope.

Do I think JM and PDB will? I hope not.
why is that not surprising?

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 12:49 PM
  #11
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,528
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
how do you know? i'm not aware of any stories pertaining to peltonen's leadership. i don't doubt he's a good character guy but that seems to be coming out of thin air.
Interviews, things he said. Just had a good veteran view on things, and some of it is assumption. And the stories about how more people are stepping up in the room.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 01:59 PM
  #12
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,105
vCash: 500
He's the captain for Finland for a reason. He is a leader out there and I've liked his game since he came back from injury last season. He's not suddenly started "playing better," the puck started going in for him and his linemates have gelled well with him. Depends on the offseason, I guess, but I wouldn't mind at all if he came back.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 03:08 PM
  #13
Biggzy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
why is that not surprising?
Why is it not surprising that you disagree with just about everyones posts? You talk like you hang out with PDeb and the Panthers on a regular basis.

Peltonen is pretty much worthless, as is Dvorak, and oh yes your boy Anthony Stewart and a number of other players on the Panthers. Yet, you, for some reason try to find all these characteristics to justify them being on the team. Like he's big, or he's a character guy, or he hustles hard. Hell I'll hustle if it means I can play in the NHL on the Panthers and earn a half a million dollars. But you deny the fact or downplay that its important to score goals.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 03:26 PM
  #14
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
Why is it not surprising that you disagree with just about everyones posts? You talk like you hang out with PDeb and the Panthers on a regular basis.

Peltonen is pretty much worthless, as is Dvorak, and oh yes your boy Anthony Stewart and a number of other players on the Panthers. Yet, you, for some reason try to find all these characteristics to justify them being on the team. Like he's big, or he's a character guy, or he hustles hard. Hell I'll hustle if it means I can play in the NHL on the Panthers and earn a half a million dollars. But you deny the fact or downplay that its important to score goals.
lol, I pretty much agree.

Stewart is at least skating hard (something zero claimed he was last year -- I guess he just got a lot better at it???) this year so that's a plus. I don't mind him being a 4th liner on this team but that's it.

I wouldn't mind having Peltonen back but we're already crowded at forward as it is and with the young guys proving they can play in the NHL already we are going to have to start planning for some of them to take on roles on this team.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 04:32 PM
  #15
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
Why is it not surprising that you disagree with just about everyones posts? You talk like you hang out with PDeb and the Panthers on a regular basis.

Peltonen is pretty much worthless, as is Dvorak, and oh yes your boy Anthony Stewart and a number of other players on the Panthers. Yet, you, for some reason try to find all these characteristics to justify them being on the team. Like he's big, or he's a character guy, or he hustles hard. Hell I'll hustle if it means I can play in the NHL on the Panthers and earn a half a million dollars. But you deny the fact or downplay that its important to score goals.
I don't agree with this post, Pelts and Dvo played important roles during this recent stretch. I really don't understand why you're dogging them at all, Stewart, too. Obviously this team needs more offensive output, but you can't ignore what those did for this team.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 05:59 PM
  #16
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I don't agree with this post, Pelts and Dvo played important roles during this recent stretch. I really don't understand why you're dogging them at all, Stewart, too. Obviously this team needs more offensive output, but you can't ignore what those did for this team.
Let me clarify that I wasn't saying Peltonen is worthless, just agreeing with his statement about why certain things are argued around here.

Nearly every NHL player serves some purpose. Arguing that a guy serves one purpose as a justification for why he isn't doing another is just pointless. If Horton isn't skating, but is shooting the puck well, does his shot take away the fact that he isn't skating? (Get what I'm saying?)

The CPR line has done great, but at some point we have to clear room for the young guys to come in.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 06:23 PM
  #17
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Let me clarify that I wasn't saying Peltonen is worthless, just agreeing with his statement about why certain things are argued around here.

Nearly every NHL player serves some purpose. Arguing that a guy serves one purpose as a justification for why he isn't doing another is just pointless. If Horton isn't skating, but is shooting the puck well, does his shot take away the fact that he isn't skating? (Get what I'm saying?)

The CPR line has done great, but at some point we have to clear room for the young guys to come in.
why is that? because i don't suffer thoughtless posts gladly? the post is what was worthless. peltonen is a decent role player who's place here next year is debatable. a toss-off post like that is disrespectful for one but also betrays a lack of understanding of the game. i'll leave the stewie comment alone. i will bide my time.

back on topic, there is some logic to the idea that at least the PR part of CPR's time is right now and not next year. that was the original plan, after all. have things changed? who are the wingers ready to come up and fill their shoes, though? glass? mcardle? are they who you have in mind?

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 06:29 PM
  #18
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
why is that? because i don't suffer thoughtless posts gladly? the post is what was worthless. peltonen is a decent role player who's place here next year is debatable. a toss-off post like that is disrespectful for one but also betrays a lack of understanding of the game. i'll leave the stewie comment alone. i will bide my time.
Exactly because you know more about hockey than everyone in the world and definitely on this forum.

I just don't see the point in arguing EVERYTHING. Maybe you're a lawyer and enjoy it, I don't know but it seems like you're arguing for the sake of arguing.

Do I agree with what everyone says on this board? Hell no! Do I argue every time I disagree? Far from it.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 07:07 PM
  #19
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I just don't see the point in arguing EVERYTHING. Maybe you're a lawyer and enjoy it, I don't know but it seems like you're arguing for the sake of arguing.

Do I agree with what everyone says on this board? Hell no! Do I argue every time I disagree? Far from it.
c'mon man. no, i'm not a lawyer. and there are plenty of people i don't always agree with on this board (laus723 for example, about fighters) who have interesting things to say and who i (and we all) learn from. do we have to suffer ridiculous posts like that one... so completely full of !@#$? is what i see people doing in front of their computer screens. maybe, you're right and i'm wrong.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 07:34 PM
  #20
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,105
vCash: 500
Well, if everyone would just listen to me, this world would be a better place! At least the Panthers would be, ok, so maybe just the boards.



Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 08:32 PM
  #21
blackpanthers
Registered User
 
blackpanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Is it time for this again?


blackpanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 09:10 PM
  #22
Heimy
Registered User
 
Heimy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: I was just here
Posts: 4,736
vCash: 500
..and blackpanthers delivers with perfect placement ftw!

Nicely done Sir!



I love that bit.

Heimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 07:13 AM
  #23
Biggzy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
c'mon man. no, i'm not a lawyer. and there are plenty of people i don't always agree with on this board (laus723 for example, about fighters) who have interesting things to say and who i (and we all) learn from. do we have to suffer ridiculous posts like that one... so completely full of !@#$? is what i see people doing in front of their computer screens. maybe, you're right and i'm wrong.
Whats so ridiculous about my post? The fact that its true, or the fact that it included Stewart? And you just disagree just for the sake of it. Its not something that requires a defense from you, theres nothing to defend. Just go back and look at your posts.

Laus: Maybe I was being a bit harsh. They have stepped up their game this road trip/stretch. Its nice to have a guy or two like that on the team, but the majority of our offense consists of character guys and thats why we're having trouble scoring goals. Granted we a bunch of injuries. I really don't see what Stewart has done at all.


Last edited by Biggzy*: 12-20-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 09:02 AM
  #24
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
He's the captain for Finland for a reason. He is a leader out there and I've liked his game since he came back from injury last season. He's not suddenly started "playing better," the puck started going in for him and his linemates have gelled well with him. Depends on the offseason, I guess, but I wouldn't mind at all if he came back.
Yes, that right, captains of team Finland, first Koivu, then Peltonen, then some other players, then maybe Jokinen. Earlier, some years ago, in world championship tournament, in Russia (St. Petersburg), players started partying, making helicopter rides to Helsinki etc. Ville put house in order and team finished with silver- or bronze medal. I think he should have bigger leadership role in Panthers.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 09:39 AM
  #25
Tuco
Registered User
 
Tuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
Yes, that right, captains of team Finland, first Koivu, then Peltonen, then some other players, then maybe Jokinen. Earlier, some years ago, in world championship tournament, in Russia (St. Petersburg), players started partying, making helicopter rides to Helsinki etc. Ville put house in order and team finished with silver- or bronze medal. I think he should have bigger leadership role in Panthers.

JOL
Agreed. I don't know why hasn't taken the role with the Panthers, that he obviously has in the Finnish team. Maybe he didn't want to rock Jokinen's chair? Maybe that's why he is taking it only now? He is a leader.

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.